Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
1st day dual motor Cyber truck with FSD order and also a 1st day Lightning order. I am not missing out on a possible 12,500 discount on the Lightning. Will happily drive it while I wait for my beloved Cyber truck and gladly depart with my Ford with a generous profit in 2023.

My hope is passage of bill by year end. Mid summer to fall 2022 delivery on Lightning. Summer 2023 delivery of Cyber truck. We will see how it goes
Sponsored

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
Different kind of truck, of course, but this should allow Rivian to establish a pretty firm foothold. Of course I haven't seen anyone post that he's got his even though deliveries started in September.

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
Different kind of truck, of course, but this should allow Rivian to establish a pretty firm foothold. Of course I haven't seen anyone post that he's got his even though deliveries started in September.
48k reservations vs Fords 150k plus and over a million Cyber truck. I would be concerned with buying into Rivian's IPO. To me Rivian will be the Tundra of the electric truck world.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
lol not with Fords production rate. by 2023 there will still be more Rivians out there than F150.
I was thinking as much, but Rivian seems to be taking their time going from producing 1 car to producing any more. At the current apparent rate of 1 car per month don’t see Rivian out-racing anyone.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
The IPO is a different question though it's looking better this morning than it did yesterday. What I was saying is that if I hope to drive an electric truck in my lifetime (I'm an old geezer) it looks as if it's more likely to be a Rivian than any of the others and as Rivians are supposedly delivering now they are going to have a pretty good lead on any of the others.

GnarlyDudeLive

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F350 Dually (Tri-CT reservation)
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
1st day dual motor Cyber truck with FSD order and also a 1st day Lightning order. I am not missing out on a possible 12,500 discount on the Lightning. Will happily drive it while I wait for my beloved Cyber truck and gladly depart with my Ford with a generous profit in 2023.

My hope is passage of bill by year end. Mid summer to fall 2022 delivery on Lightning. Summer 2023 delivery of Cyber truck. We will see how it goes
Keep in mind if you go Ford you won't be able to pick up the more fully decked out model. Pickup trucks cannot exceed $74,000 to qualify for the EV incentive. This may also effect the Tri-CT with FSD possibly? Hopefully Tesla can figure out a way to provide the FSD not baked into the purchase price and somehow separate it out.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Keep in mind if you go Ford you won't be able to pick up the more fully decked out model. Pickup trucks cannot exceed $74,000 to qualify for the EV incentive. This may also effect the Tri-CT with FSD possibly? Hopefully Tesla can figure out a way to provide the FSD not baked into the purchase price and somehow separate it out.
The EV incentives are still up in the air aren’t they? Separate measures for Senate vs House?

I sure as hell hope what was in the house doesn’t get approved.

ZARDOZ

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester
Occupation
IT
Country flag
You think Tesla is going to let the old man take over the EV market? :)

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I sure as hell hope what was in the house doesn’t get approved.
It was never in the House. It didn't get out of committee.

The reconciliation bill hasn't been finished or voted on; the people complaining about it haven't actually picked anything to be cut from it.

-Crissa

TK0384

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Scion xB
Country flag
I'm not surprised - this'll give me more time to save up. And by save up I mean buy/trade TSLA stock so I can buy a Tesla with TSLA