First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Toyota Highlander, 2016 Subaru Outback
Country flag
Bigfoot was driving it.
I've recently been wondering which would be official sited in a quality photograph first. The Cybertruck or Big Foot.
Sponsored

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Crissa why are you asking this question? You know the Tesla website said 500+ for almost 2 years.
so what......then why are you asking me who led me...... we cant ask questions anymore.......if you are as smart as I think you are, you would have known where I got the info since you seem to know everything....follow the conversation......it is obvious that everyone was talking about the 500+ range as said by Elon and posted on the site.......why not question them too

Last edited:

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
I will look at the MY.....at that point they will be coming from Giga Texas and have the 4680 battery.....and who knows, maybe 425-450 range......if that turns our to be the case, I will get the MY......

I know some have said the range of the MY will not be near 425, but we just have to wait and see...
IMHO very unlikely that they will let the Model Y's range equal or surpass that of Model S/X.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
IMHO very unlikely that they will let the Model Y's range equal or surpass that of Model S/X.
The Model 3 has exceeded the Model S range for some time now.

The Model Y has a less efficient body-shape, and won't be able to exceed the 3/S.

There's no 'let' in the formula.

-Crissa

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Tesla’s goal is to make the Model Y the single most popular vehicle in the world.

It’s kind of hard to see where they go with this. I don’t think Tesla has any sacred products. Cybertruck will undercut a lot of existing vehicle pricing/ features when it comes out too.

I think they just want each vehicle to be as appealing as possible for what it is.

I think they will keep the first Model Ys coming out of Austin pretty consistent with existing ones though until they catch up with demand.

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
The Model 3 has exceeded the Model S range for some time now.

The Model Y has a less efficient body-shape, and won't be able to exceed the 3/S.

There's no 'let' in the formula.

-Crissa
The Model 3 does not exceed the Model S range.

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
The Rivian is sooooo close to being compelling to me. Just 2 inches of tire and/or two inches of lift and I'd be itching for the R1S. I'd be losing my mind between waiting for the CT and not jumping at the R1S (the SUV version). I'd prefer a closed back to an open bed pickup. CTs tonneau cover is a win.

I'm spoiled by my Wrangler, the height and tires keep my Jeep looking like a mall crawler even though I go out a few times a year.

Case and point... 2 more inches of lift and 35s would have kept the Rivian from banana peeling its little belly cover. I can't tell if it's plastic or metal. It settled pretty hard after the turn and he probably tuna canned the bottom of his door. Notice they stopped showing that side for the rest of the video. This truck needs a set of rails or something. Rivian Rivian Rivian... man, so close.

Tesla Cybertruck ? New Cybertruck video showing (removable) side mirrors, rear wheel steering, turning radius! Oops!

The CT would be a monster to get around this due to length, but it'll have 3 inches more tire and (hopefully) 2-3 inches more height. You gotta replace that stuff afterwards and OEM body items are can be a PITA.

Also, I love how the front money light stayed clean and bright no matter how dirty the rest of the truck got.

Kremmen

First Name
Kremmen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 LR. Some project cars, some bikes
Occupation
Boring
Country flag
The CT would be a monster to get around this due to length, but it'll have 3 inches more tire and (hopefully) 2-3 inches more height. You gotta replace that stuff afterwards and OEM body items are can be a PITA.
Dunno, the four-wheel steering might have managed it?

I'm sure there will be a ton of Rivian options and variants in due course. Fatter tyres seems like a no-brainer.

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
In the quote you made, I used past tense.

-Crissa
Saying for some time now implies both in the past and currently. I'm not aware of the Model 3 range exceeding Model S in the past either.

Onadorinlooper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land rover
Occupation
Pest control
Country flag
The 4 wheel steering will help with reversing with a trailer on

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Saying for some time now implies both in the past and currently. I'm not aware of the Model 3 range exceeding Model S in the past either.
You are right that the current Model 3 doesn't exceed current Model S EPA range. But the current M3 could technically exceed an older MS.

But this would be like saying a car is faster than a horse drawn carriage, and then compare a turbo ICE car to the horse. ;-)

Mellored

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 -> Cybertruck Tri motor
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I love that estimation!!
Unfortunately, I think I know where I went wrong.

I need to measure from the front to front, not side to side.

I'll start a new thread with my findings.

Tesla Cybertruck ? New Cybertruck video showing (removable) side mirrors, rear wheel steering, turning radius! Turn composit

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
The Rivian is sooooo close to being compelling to me. Just 2 inches of tire and/or two inches of lift and I'd be itching for the R1S. I'd be losing my mind between waiting for the CT and not jumping at the R1S (the SUV version). I'd prefer a closed back to an open bed pickup. CTs tonneau cover is a win.

I'm spoiled by my Wrangler, the height and tires keep my Jeep looking like a mall crawler even though I go out a few times a year.

Case and point... 2 more inches of lift and 35s would have kept the Rivian from banana peeling its little belly cover. I can't tell if it's plastic or metal. It settled pretty hard after the turn and he probably tuna canned the bottom of his door. Notice they stopped showing that side for the rest of the video. This truck needs a set of rails or something. Rivian Rivian Rivian... man, so close.

Oops!.jpg

Also, I love how the front money light stayed clean and bright no matter how dirty the rest of the truck got.
Looks to me like user error.
Sponsored