Why the vault is too claustrophobic for sleeping and a tiny topper will make all the difference

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
This is just one of the reasons why I want the mid-gate. Have the rear seats fold flat, and put in an air mattress. Sleep with your head on top of the rear seats, looking up through glass roof. No more claustrophobia and you have a climate controlled environment.
Ihave never heard a disagreement about the folding seats and midgate suggestion, but none of us is in a position to change the design. Elon said he would think ab out it and, like everything else, that was the last we heard on the subject.
Sponsored

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Why are we so focused on cramming ourselves into the vault. I am expecting that we will soon see tent options that use inflatable tubes, such as the Heimplanet tents that pop right off the back of the bed with almost no effort. I get that it would be nice to just have the bed set up in the trunk and just fold down the midgate and crawl right in, but there is a really good chance that the midgate isn't going to move. which makes the vault a lot less attractive of a sleeping location IMO.
Maybe because there is no other option to more than guess about at the present time.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
It seems to be a bit taller than that. The legs are bent, the silhouette is at an angle, and the head is nearly half the height of the tailgate. The average man's head is about 8" in diameter, and under 15% of men at 6' tall, less than 1% are 6'6".

-Crissa

PS, bears rarely attack sleeping people, or tents. The number of large animal attacks in the US in he last fifty years on tents and sleeping can basically be counted on someone's fingers.
their remaining fingers you mean :)

Macgyverfever

First Name
Regular Don-Won
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP BLUE/WHITE, M3RWD GRAY/BLACK
Occupation
Multifaceted IT Professional
Country flag
Elon said the outside of the truck's design would largely be unchanged. He could still make the back fold or retract for trunk access from within the cabin. Something caused the final design of the CT several months worth of delay, and with all the amenities Rivian is offering, I wouldn't be surprised if this became an actual feature (Imagine a purple mattress in the back?)

Regarding claustrophobia - not so claustrophobic if my head is more or less laying where the rear seats are (folded down of course). The trunk is more or less an armored beanbag - a true 'bear-necessity' ??

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
PS, bears rarely attack sleeping people, or tents. The number of large animal attacks in the US in he last fifty years on tents and sleeping can basically be counted on someone's fingers.
Are you thinking a normal person? Or perhaps Count Rugen?

Macgyverfever

First Name
Regular Don-Won
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP BLUE/WHITE, M3RWD GRAY/BLACK
Occupation
Multifaceted IT Professional
Country flag
Bears aren't the only issue - anyone here seen 'Deliverance'?

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I am sure bears make great tent buddies.
I hear mountain lions like to sleep in big cuddle puddles with their buddies. Anyone want to buddy up with a mountain lion?

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
I don’t think these are the bears and cougars we think we are talking about.

FrankMCT

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyberlandr
Occupation
DIY enthusiast
Country flag
Hotel and high thread count sheets… and a massage… and a bathroom with all amenities.
In our dreams... Finally, it's a sad situation about the quality of sleep. How can you speak of habitual bed comfort and where to place pillows, decent mattress, and my favorite bamboo sheets(similar)?
Sponsored

Last edited: