Will I be able to do snow plowing with a Cybertruck Frame? I live in Quebec, Canada

rlhamil

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Trans Am WS6, 2007 PT Cruiser GT
Occupation
retired
Country flag
There are threads and threads and threads on this subject if you want to read about others' thoughts. There hasn't been an update from Tesla about attachment points. We know it can have attachment points because it will tow. So the lack of an internal frame won't be a problem.

https://www.cybertruckownersclub.com/forum/threads/snow-plowing.277/
https://www.cybertruckownersclub.com/forum/threads/snow-plow.313/
https://www.cybertruckownersclub.com/forum/threads/winching.431/post-8325

-Crissa
A winch, and mostly towing, is pulling; plowing is pushing, which may take a different attachment and distribution of stresses; also, a winch is probably at one point, a plow probably needs two points of attachment, equidistant from the front center.

Certainly not saying it won't be possible, but battery performance is not so great in the cold, so maybe not the best choice for that job. If the doomsayers are right, there will be less places with snow anyway. :cool:
Sponsored

Hunter

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Nissan Leaf, Toyota Tachoma, Jeeps
Occupation
General Contractor, retired / Electronics designer/manufacture & software developer in years past
Country flag
Ref: Snow plowing | Tesla Cybertruck Forum & Owners Club - News & Discussions - Cybertruckownersclub.com

With no main frame can it be done?

Yes, that is what is keeping me up at night. I had a good nap in the afternoon :) That means I am now able to relax with the Cybertruck club if all is ok.

Cheers!
I grew up plowing snow for my Dad in Wyoming. But chances are there won't be as much snow in the future.

There sure isn't as much snow where I grew up as there used to be, and there isn't as much now as was in past years where I live today.

So I too like the idea that the truck can do things like plow, but if it won't you can still keep and old ICE truck around for the times when you need to plow. That's what my sister does now with a 2nd old ICE truck.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
The rear plow is 99% probable.

A front plow depends on the front end structure. After market can reinforce (most likely) but we all would prefer (I am not in the demographic) to be able buy the plow and mount with little to no effort.

I want it too just in case I move to winter environments.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag

A front plow depends on the front end structure. After market can reinforce (most likely) but we all would prefer (I am not in the demographic) to be able buy the plow and mount with little to no effort.

I want it too just in case I move to winter environments.
Ya know, a front reinforcement isn't only useful in winter environments.

Thinking police cars doing pit maneuvers or pushing disabled vehicles off of roads in congested traffic:
Tesla Cybertruck Will I be able to do snow plowing with a Cybertruck Frame?  I live in Quebec, Canada 1637619782808

Or how about moving materials around?
Tesla Cybertruck Will I be able to do snow plowing with a Cybertruck Frame?  I live in Quebec, Canada 1637620126128

Or if one wants to reenact the movie Duel:
Tesla Cybertruck Will I be able to do snow plowing with a Cybertruck Frame?  I live in Quebec, Canada 1637620349861

And there are so, so many pictures of this out there:
Tesla Cybertruck Will I be able to do snow plowing with a Cybertruck Frame?  I live in Quebec, Canada 1637620574250

Tesla Cybertruck Will I be able to do snow plowing with a Cybertruck Frame?  I live in Quebec, Canada 1637620592915

Tesla Cybertruck Will I be able to do snow plowing with a Cybertruck Frame?  I live in Quebec, Canada 1637620609111

Tesla Cybertruck Will I be able to do snow plowing with a Cybertruck Frame?  I live in Quebec, Canada 1637620629022

Better strength up front might just come in useful.

OP
OP
Richard V.

Richard V.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt 2015
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I grew up plowing snow for my Dad in Wyoming. But chances are there won't be as much snow in the future.

There sure isn't as much snow where I grew up as there used to be, and there isn't as much now as was in past years where I live today.

So I too like the idea that the truck can do things like plow, but if it won't you can still keep and old ICE truck around for the times when you need to plow. That's what my sister does now with a 2nd old ICE truck.
I currently own a 1998 RAM 2500 V10 8L "monster" truck :cool: that I want to replace with a Cybertruck asap. My current truck does not have a snowplow, but I was considering having a snowplow mounting option for the CT. If Tesla do it, it will probably be on all CTs.
'The Old Farmer's Almanac' Is Predicting 'One of the Longest and Coldest' Winters in Years (msn.com)

Last edited:

Hunter

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Nissan Leaf, Toyota Tachoma, Jeeps
Occupation
General Contractor, retired / Electronics designer/manufacture & software developer in years past
Country flag
How is anyone suppose to plow backwards?

Heck sometimes going forward you can't even see what you are doing all of the time when plowing snow, this due to snow flying up in front of you from the plow, and sometimes from wipers going full blast in a heavy snow storm. Plowing snow is not as easy as it seems if you've never done it before.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
How is anyone suppose to plow backwards?

Heck sometimes going forward you can't even see what you are doing all of the time when plowing snow, this due to snow flying up in front of you from the plow, and sometimes from wipers going full blast in a heavy snow storm. Plowing snow is not as easy as it seems if you've never done it before.
@FutureBoy posted this earlier in the thread.

Do we need to link to the video of the guy plowing his drive with his Y again?
Yes, yes we do.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Richard V.

Richard V.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt 2015
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Do we need to link to the video of the guy plowing his drive with his Y again?

-Crissa
To be honest, these were best after light snow conditions.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
To be honest, these were best after light snow conditions.
If you pull in head first into garage, rear plow is pretty good. Front plow, rear first into garage. If you take Elonā€™s advice and donā€™t use a garage, shovel your way to the truck.

OP
OP
Richard V.

Richard V.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt 2015
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
If you pull in head first into garage, rear plow is pretty good. Front plow, rear first into garage. If you take Elonā€™s advice and donā€™t use a garage, shovel your way to the truck.
My house is now ~20 years old and I have not parked into my single vehicle garage for perhaps 19 years. It is full of stuff. In fact, my garage I had it build with two doors, one at the front and one at the back. That old boat of mine is in the backward for good now. :-( However, having access to the garage from the fenced backyard is very useful for tools and etc. I also have a big dog to keep under control. I would not want to plow from the back of a vehicle. It is an accident waiting to happen. The model Y video is cool, but not realistic for the weather we have here.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
My house is now ~20 years old and I have not parked into my single vehicle garage for perhaps 19 years. It is full of stuff. In fact, my garage I had it build with two doors, one at the front and one at the back. That old boat of mine is in the backward for good now. :-( However, having access to the garage from the fenced backyard is very useful for tools and etc. I also have a big dog to keep under control. I would not want to plow from the back of a vehicle. It is an accident waiting to happen. The model Y video is cool, but not realistic for the weather we have here.
Not realistic for my weather either.

I have a 2.5 detached garage In the back. Wifeā€˜s stuff (junk) and a teen cave, pool table, video games. My poor tools in a corner. I am embarrassed, I lost my garage.
Sponsored