useemehere

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
Country flag
These are estimates. When I look at mine, it seems even stranger. I should be ahead of both of you, but my delivery est. is: 8/13/2023

1streservation.jpg
My has estimated delivery Date on: 10/12/2024 almost 2 years from now. ?
Sponsored

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
All of you guys are pessimistic.
I donā€™t think a price bump is inevitable or even necessarily likely. I just think the EV incentive makes a nice zone of compromise where they can maintain that total cost of ownership advantage over the ICE F150 and still increase margins a bit.

My feeling when the Cybertruck launched was that Tesla wants to own the truck market. Musk wants to see Cybertrucks as thick in Texas as fleas on a dog. I think pricing will reflect that desire to dominate the truck market. Not just the electric truck market, the whole truck market.

Last edited:

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Two Digits RN Number(or 3 depending)

I hope they are able to keep the main price. But I think they may need to get extra money somewhere, Maybe a Plaid option. Hope its out next year. Factory delivery
cyberttruck place in line.JPG
for me if they allow.
You owe us pictures, answer all our question and rides. I will schedule the Q&A.

muttering, 3 digit.

Very happy for you

Jim Polkowski

First Name
Jim P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Traverse
Country flag
The Model Y Dual Motor has seen a $10k price increase in the last 9 months.

I am expecting a 20% price increase from the MSRP's that were announced 2-years ago during the reveal.
Price increases are not just because of manufacturing cost increases but also based on market demand. Tesla will squeeze as much profit as the market will allow. Fan boy will pick up the first couple of years of production and also exports. So $49,000 will become $69,000 until demand slows and they can always lower the price to stimulate demand. Basic marketing principles.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
Price increases are not just because of manufacturing cost increases but also based on market demand. Tesla will squeeze as much profit as the market will allow. Fan boy will pick up the first couple of years of production and also exports. So $49,000 will become $69,000 until demand slows and they can always lower the price to stimulate demand. Basic marketing principles.
Reality bites.. but your most likely correct. I expect to see a heavily inflated price at launch. UNLESS CT is really just that affordable to manufacture.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
You are confusing Tesla for a car dealership.

A 40% price increase is just not in the cards. (A smaller one maybe but not that big)

At those prices, Teslaā€™s goals around the truck just donā€™t work. It is no longer price competitive with ICE vehicles which was the entire point. It also goes against many things Musk has said about the vehicle and the way Tesla has done business to date.

Iā€™d go further and suggest that accepting hundreds of millions of dollars then massively changing the terms opens a company up for litigation even with the current pre-order agreement.

repoman

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Performance S, Plaid X, Cybertruck # less then 100
Occupation
Software
Country flag
Reality bites.. but your most likely correct. I expect to see a heavily inflated price at launch. UNLESS CT is really just that affordable to manufacture.
I think your kind of wrong. They will launch the truck just like they have done on ALL their other vehicles then at some point after launch, come up with a way to increase do an increase which will allow Tesla to suck the new tax incentive for them self, instead of the consumer. I wish the tax incentive would have some consumer protection price of vehicle going back to a past date and not increased more then a % of that price to qualify, This would prevent all manufactures from taking it for themselves.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Teslaā€˜s costs have not increase 30-40% in the past 2 years. Look at the Tundra pricing for an idea of how much manufacturer costs might have gone up. Tundra costs have increased my 15%.

Obviously dealer mark up is an issue with traditional car makers, but dealer mark up is due largely to supply shortages which are temporary. It is also not something Tesla deals with.

coinMLS

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 LC500, 2022 RX450h, 2003 Avalanche Z71
Country flag
You are confusing Tesla for a car dealership.

A 40% price increase is just not in the cards. (A smaller one maybe but not that big)

At those prices, Teslaā€™s goals around the truck just donā€™t work. It is no longer price competitive with ICE vehicles which was the entire point. It also goes against many things Musk has said about the vehicle and the way Tesla has done business to date.

Iā€™d go further and suggest that accepting hundreds of millions of dollars then massively changing the terms opens a company up for litigation even with the current pre-order agreement.
A year from now, 40% will not seem so outrageous.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
If the $49,900 Dual Motor Cybertruck MSRP doesnā€™t jump to $58,990 in Q4 of 2022 I will be stunned. If RWS is not a $5k option I will be REALLY stunned.

Last edited:

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
Teslaā€˜s costs have not increase 30-40% in the past 2 years. Look at the Tundra pricing for an idea of how much manufacturer costs might have gone up. Tundra costs have increased my 15%.

Obviously dealer mark up is an issue with traditional car makers, but dealer mark up is due largely to supply shortages which are temporary. It is also not something Tesla deals with.
Yeah ok... not 40%... but I think pricing is going to change and its probably going to be higher. they will spin at different features and what not. lets say it follows the model 3 price increase over the last year.. roughly 8k? So we are looking at something like $57,990 DMCT?
Sponsored