Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
OK, maybe the phrase should have been... shows a presence!!! Either way it looks much tamer. I also own a truck for the use I can get out of it but looks are also important to me. As for reaching the center of the windscreen... you can now do that with ease with the snub nose front.
Sponsored

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
is the bed plastic now? I thought it had a stainless bed before?

CybertruckCovers

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cybertruckcovers.com
Vehicles
Foundation Series CyberBeast (Order Confirmed)
Occupation
Cybertruck Parts & Accessories Development
Country flag
I absolutely still love it, even with the real-world features. I actually like the massive windshield wiper. Easy to replace and clean.

Salty_Cobalt

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Escalade, 2017 Range Rover Sport, Tri Motor Cybertruck
Occupation
IT Systems Admin
Country flag
I hope they do NOT announce a mid size version. Let's get this model into Beta and then into some test mules and then into production before they take on anything that could possibly slow down initial production of the first 250,000 or so.

The actual selling price is going to scare off a lot of people, and crush their dreams. There will never be a $39,000 version. IMO since this is taking so long to come out, inflation and demand will push the FIRST round of vehicles towards the $80,000 price point. With promises to come back later and build "cheaper" models. Which by the time you get to 2025 and 2026, just won't happen.

Is everyone on these message boards okay paying $80,000 for their CyberTruck?
I am!

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Nice video!

I sure wish these guys had a damned tape measure out!

This looks like it’s still at least 6 foot to me. The amount tucked in under the lip is pretty big though and you can see quite a bit of backslope on the front wall.

I also find it odd that it looks like they have weights in the back for testing… but not too much weight. Likely equal to 2 back seat passengers.

Also, good to see the deck level tie downs are retained. Clearly no slots in the bed.
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Photos Leaked! ? [Added: Video Showing Whole Truck -- Rear & Bed] 1643043057131

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
They'd have zero drag if they tucked under the front hood area like nearly all modern vehicles. They'd receive much less UV rot as well.
Actually I think most vehicles have a wind vortex in that spot. The vertical orientation probably has less drag. There is a lot of metal on the blade mechanism, it might shade a fare amount of direct rays.

I hope we can by the rubber inserts that slide into the tracts and just replace them annually.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
The generic Tesla wheels are awful on this, and it looks like the tire size suddenly dropped?

Everything about the video and first-post pics tells me I may not want this after all.

speach

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MS P100D, Escalade, Acura MDX, Focus ST, PriusC
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Looks like there is a front display for a driver now

FA6DFB93-B4B7-4A2D-AD2F-FBD64DEDD56C.jpeg
Great catch! I think you are right. And the lack of a driver display was one of the few things I didn't think I'd get over that easily. If a model 3 had a driver display, it would be so much more appealing to me.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Don’t know if I missed this in the prototype but there is no tailgate handle. You open with a button push and it lowers the tailgate and the suspension at the same time. Which is A+ exactly what I would want most of the time. Hopefully you can lift and lower separately, when unloading bricks. It’s better to have the bed higher.

Actually when unloading bricks it would be ideal to adjust the height as you get LOL.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Photos Leaked! ? [Added: Video Showing Whole Truck -- Rear & Bed] IMG_0536

speach

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MS P100D, Escalade, Acura MDX, Focus ST, PriusC
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Photos Leaked! ? [Added: Video Showing Whole Truck -- Rear & Bed] 1643044010923

I think this poor guy will be interrogated for sure.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Unless the dude in the shot that walks near the door is 6'5" or taller, it doesn't look like the same height as my f-150... and if it's not, well that would be disappointing... just saying...
Why?

Ground clearance is good. Aside from that, I almost 100% prefer a lower to the ground vehicle. Better handling, easier to get in and out and load, safer for everyone around you, just better.

You can drive around with the suspension lifted if you want elevation, poor range, and F-150 like cornering.

Last edited: