Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
There was some discussion about this in the Alaska tesla owners groups back when it happened, and even pictures of the shipments in the dock in Anchorage. Looked pretty legit to me. To my knowledge this sighting wasn't disproved, was it?
No not at all. I was just pulling your leg since I noticed you were in Alaska and clearly all Alaskans see everything that happens in Alaska right? It’s a small place with nowhere to hide.
Sponsored

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
Sure, but please explain where it's incorrect...
You're measuring a 3D object in 2D. You don't need an explanation, you need a physics course.

To help you understand how your numbers are completely in error, look at your 6'6" arrow. it's touching the B pillar, which is more than halfway from the rear of the truck. So your arrows say 50% of the truck is 6'6" meaning the full length would be around 13'. Your arrow of the full length says it's 18'6". Your error is nearly 50% lol.

Sedoy

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Let's see the photo of the original truck you used, with measurements.
Sure... overall length was ~230" as originally stated by Elon and reduced sense... The bed was not 100% square. Also added a lower 4' panel measurement for your reference...

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck prototype spotted again on Fremont track. (2/7/2022) ct4

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck prototype spotted again on Fremont track. (2/7/2022) CyberTruckBed

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
Sure... overall length was ~230" as originally stated by Elon and reduced sense... The bed was not 100% square. Also added a lower 4' panel measurement for your reference...

ct4.jpg

CyberTruckBed.jpg
Great. So you see you are using a centered, side profile picture in this one?

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The above is a cad model made from the original truck. Below a side angle from this video.
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck prototype spotted again on Fremont track. (2/7/2022) 1644354672102

If the bed is 30% 18% shorter, why are the proportions the same as they were on the original truck?

Proportions look damned near spot on the original. Unless the whole truck is 30% 18% smaller It just doesn’t work.

EDIT: You changed your estimate from the older numbers. So I updated the percentages. Still doesn’t work.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Happy they are still working on the truck. One good thing it looks like cosmetic stuff!
But
Price is still way way to low for what you get.
My $ Guess
$85,000 to $110,000. Still a steal for what you get.
Costs $ for all EV are going up fast and the least expensive now is $70,000 so the CT should reflect that or close to $100,000
How big is the market for $85k trucks?

Last year for example, how many trucks sold for more than $75k?

I mean I know people love their boogeymen. But at least make a case for it aside from hand waving.

Albern

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevrolet Volt, 202X Cybertruck Plaid+ (x2)
Country flag

ct4.jpg
For what it's worth, the above prototype was actually 84" wide x 234" long - despite being contrary to the production specs they were initially targeting at the time. This was discovered from an Elon Tweet.

Sedoy

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
To help you understand how your numbers are completely in error, look at your 6'6" arrow. it's touching the B pillar, which is more than halfway from the rear of the truck. So your arrows say 50% of the truck is 6'6" meaning the full length would be around 13'. Your arrow of the full length says it's 18'6". Your error is nearly 50% lol.

This is that you don't understand I'm not measuring in-plane there b pillar ends, it's much higher a point so I will look and measure off. I'm measuring overall length and width and bed length in the same plane of field. Soo look at this to understand

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck prototype spotted again on Fremont track. (2/7/2022) ct5

Sedoy

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
For what it's worth, the above prototype was actually 84" wide x 234" long - despite being contrary to the production specs they were initially targeting at the time. This was discovered from an Elon Tweet.
Ok so 234" vs. my 230" is 1.71% off makes the bed 6.61' still reasonably accurate

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
You're right, not sure how I've missed that. Where did you get the 234" length though? Here's the original tweet:

"Btw, in some prior tweets I’d said production Cybertruck would be ~80” wide (vs ~84” body width at unveil). This is slightly too small. Will be closer to 82”, but come standard with upper laser blade lights."

Really odd they would show a prototype at the unveil that is quite significantly different dimensions wise to what the presentation specs stated.

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
Jeez, come on... ok check this one then

FLBo2JAX0AMuC83.jpg
"Jeez, come on"? You should be frustrated with the reality of the universe we live in, not me for explaining it to you. That pic is a little better, and as you see your 6'6" measurement no longer reaches the B pillar, but the rear headrest. Essentially the rear of the truck has "grown" by more than a foot. This is because of perspective. In both pictures you have used, the camera is located down and to the left of the vehicle. That makes the portion of the truck closest to the photographer larger when measured in a plane. The effect was especially dramatic in the first, where the front half of the vehicle was nearly twice as long as the rear in your measurements.

The photographer is lower in this second photo, but still above and to the left, yet you are still applying two dimensional measurements to a 3D object. It's more accurate, but still not accurate. This should be obvious in how the rear tire is "smaller", and how the 5'3" left line fits in the box at the top, but nearly hits the door window at the bottom. As you move from left to right and bottom to top, the vehicle essentially "shrinks" from its real-world size.

Deleted member 3316

Happy they are still working on the C truck. One good thing it looks like its cosmetic stuff!
But
Price is still way way to low for what you get.
My $ Guess
$95,000 to $110,000. Still a steal for what you get.
Costs $ for all
EVs are going up fast and the least expensive now is $70,000 so the C truck should reflect that or again C truck price should be close to $110,000
I think it’s highly likely the price is going to go up significantly because it will be in such high demand. Many of the initial reservation holders will flip them for profit. Tesla will raise the price to reduce demand and take as much profit as the market will support.

There are quite a few markets where the supply constraint is forcing bidding wars for barely 2nd hand vehicles. Sometimes with a 50% markup from list price. Much like Ford dealers are doing with lightning F-150.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I think it’s highly likely the price is going to go up significantly because it will be in such high demand. Many of the initial reservation holders will flip them for profit. Tesla will raise the price to reduce demand and take as much profit as the market will support.

There are quite a few markets where the supply constraint is forcing bidding wars for barely 2nd hand vehicles. Sometimes with a 50% markup from list price. Much like Ford dealers are doing with lightning F-150.
Vehicle supply is massively limited right now. This whole market chances when supply and demand are more in balance. The prices have gone up and sales volume has come down.

Ford just shut down a bunch of their assembly lines including their F150 line again.
Sponsored