Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Performance, Model X P100D
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
So... was Ellison saying they have custom software for Police and Fire departments that runs directly on Tesla's hardware? If so, that's pretty cool, and is a kind of obvious use-case but this is the first I've heard of something like that.

wtibbit

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes sedan, Corvette coupe, Yukon XL
Occupation
Retired Engineering Program Director
Country flag

CyberSleuth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hot Wheels 1:10 Cybertruck
Country flag
Here is what Larry was talking about:

https://www.oracle.com/news/announcement/ocw-iacp-oracle-public-safety-services-2022-11-03/

It looks like Oracle and Tesla have been working together on this.
Two notable paragraphs in that release:

• Vehicle Communications: A new touch-talk-listen tablet application redefines the in-car experience by providing officers more focused, actionable data ‘at-a-glance’. This can include key information from dispatch, navigation details, and field-based interactions between first responders and the command center. With a few touch-points responders can pull-up complete records searches and case reporting and view a fully interactive map for better visibility into all other incidents and units in the area.

• Vehicle Video Cameras: A roof-mounted video camera bar with a front and peripheral view camera array, a dedicated automatic license plate recognition (ALPR) camera, as well as an in-vehicle computer to process video streaming and recording. The system leverages connected hardware to provide a 300-degree view of the incident. Like the body worn cameras, data and video feeds from the hardware and software can be displayed in real-time to all parties supporting that event.

Klaxon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT
Country flag
The round steering wheel is probably there to avoid police re-training

OP
OP
cvalue13

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
So... was Ellison saying they have custom software for Police and Fire departments that runs directly on Tesla's hardware? If so, that's pretty cool, and is a kind of obvious use-case but this is the first I've heard of something like that.
yes

wtibbit

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes sedan, Corvette coupe, Yukon XL
Occupation
Retired Engineering Program Director
Country flag
WOW, this click bait garbage is being spread around like there's an actual modded CT that looks like this.

Smoke and CGI mirrors. Typical Silicon valley BS.
This is no BS - well the image is obviously just notional - but the rest sounds very solid. Oracle and Tesla must be sharing software interface details and have an interoperability strategy to back up that press release.

A standard method for this type of work is for the systems engineers at both companies to agree on a common system-to-system interface specification that defines all the commands, responses and data flows between their hardware and software suites.

I’d love to see Tesla’s software architecture and how the Oracle framework and applications work within it.

***** EDIT *****

Here's evidence that Oracle is seriously in this business, a current Oracle document describing all their currently offered Public Safety Services and listing the external system-to-system Interfaces along with some top-level terms and conditions for licensing. It covers a large set of the public safety systems offered to first responder organizations, including Shotspotter, Coplink X, Fire RMS, and ArcGIS, as examples.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out with Tesla and just how tightly coupled the Tesla system and Oracle system will be. It could be as basic as Oracle-provide tablet computer running Oracle's platform and applications, mounted on the CT's dash or console and a set of feeds to that computer from the CT's native cameras, along with additional special-purpose cameras provided by Oracle. Or, maybe Tesla will provide the compute power and displays using the Tesla's hardware already on the CT. The first responders aren't likely to be using the CT's compute capacity for FSD!

https://www.oracle.com/content/publ...7bec9b3b4e4e90a1c4c9069d210baf&download=false

Last edited:
OP
OP
cvalue13

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
WOW, this click bait garbage is being spread around like there's an actual modded CT that looks like this.
where’s that happening?

man’s who are the dummies you’re worried about protecting?

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
Well, he owns an entire ISLAND. He needs good police force. Don't piss him off! :devilish:

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
But, emergency lights have to be seen from the rear too. We often park on the shoulder and even the regular traffic lanes on incidents where traffic approaching from the rear needs to see our lights well in advance.
I was thinking more for the lighter being used for headlights to the front. But I agree emergency lights would have to go in all directions.

FarAway

First Name
I.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pontiac Torrent, TVR, F-250 Super Duty
Country flag
I am sure not many Police Depts. have open CT reservations. Back in the day, when Harley-Davidsons were on allocation, any law enforcement order was given priority and "off" allocation. I have to imagine that LEO CT orders will also get some priority and be worked "in between" our existing reservations.
I want the CT to be a success and think it work be a great road vehicle for our police forces, just hoping I can get mine first. 😁

SlegMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus
Occupation
Physical therapy
Country flag
Is Oracle the company that Robocop eventually has to battle against once corruption takes place?

But really though, looks like they excessively widened the wheels to make it look aggressively cool. Standard issue (if it happens) won’t be like this. Just seems weird to me.

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
This is no BS - well the image is obviously just notional - but the rest sounds very solid. Oracle and Tesla must be sharing software interface details and have an interoperability strategy to back up that press release.

A standard method for this type of work is for the systems engineers at both companies to agree on a common system-to-system interface specification that defines all the commands, responses and data flows between their hardware and software suites.

I’d love to see Tesla’s software architecture and how the Oracle framework and applications work within it.

***** EDIT *****

Here's evidence that Oracle is seriously in this business, a current Oracle document describing all their currently offered Public Safety Services and listing the external system-to-system Interfaces along with some top-level terms and conditions for licensing. It covers a large set of the public safety systems offered to first responder organizations, including Shotspotter, Coplink X, Fire RMS, and ArcGIS, as examples.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out with Tesla and just how tightly coupled the Tesla system and Oracle system will be. It could be as basic as Oracle-provide tablet computer running Oracle's platform and applications, mounted on the CT's dash or console and a set of feeds to that computer from the CT's native cameras, along with additional special-purpose cameras provided by Oracle. Or, maybe Tesla will provide the compute power and displays using the Tesla's hardware already on the CT. The first responders aren't likely to be using the CT's compute capacity for FSD!

https://www.oracle.com/content/published/api/v1.1/assets/CONT9D464C7ECDD84E428027171B5A41E83C/native/Oracle Public Safety Service Descriptions.pdf?cb=_cache_8504&channelToken=117bec9b3b4e4e90a1c4c9069d210baf&download=false
At 0:36 in the video Larry mentions they use their existing cameras and screen, no mention of compute though so unclear on that front.

Macgyverfever

First Name
Regular Don-Won
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP BLUE/WHITE, M3RWD GRAY/BLACK
Occupation
Multifaceted IT Professional
Country flag
I never thought I'd say this but.. I'm ready to get pulled over 👍

Lasttoy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 S. CT ordered
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I hope there is are some 12volt blank fuse holders we can get power from to add our own gadgets???
Sponsored