CTInProcess

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Why?

I’m not sure why these comparisons keep happening. Porsche 911 is a no brainer. Sometimes the being slower doesn’t matter.

Like the Cybertruck AWD, it’s slower than the competition, but it doesn’t matter, it’s still the best.

CybertruckRN1127

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, Model X
Country flag
Why?

I’m not sure why these comparisons keep happening. Porsche 911 is a no brainer. Sometimes the being slower doesn’t matter.

Like the Cybertruck AWD, it’s slower than the competition, but it doesn’t matter, it’s still the best.
These 1/8 are fun because it shows what its like on the streets. Not many will do 1/4 mile stop light to stop light. However, it is a no brainer, people will still prefer an AWD Cybertruck over a Plaid Model S or other faster cars.

Also, the Model 3 performance is the most bang for the buck and its a winner over the Cybertruck for me. I would swap my Cyberbeast to a Highland Model 3 performance if I can order one now.

With that said, I can't wait for the real 1/4 comparisons. Cyberbeast is capped at 114 mph due to tires. I doubt we will ever see 130mph this year, but the beast should have some juice to push for a higher trap speed in the quarter miles once it has AS tires.

Wraven

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Foundations CyberBeast, M3P, MYP
Country flag
These 1/8 are fun because it shows what its like on the streets. Not many will do 1/4 mile stop light to stop light. However, it is a no brainer, people will still prefer an AWD Cybertruck over a Plaid Model S or other faster cars.

Also, the Model 3 performance is the most bang for the buck and its a winner over the Cybertruck for me. I would swap my Cyberbeast to a Highland Model 3 performance if I can order one now.

With that said, I can't wait for the real 1/4 comparisons. Cyberbeast is capped at 114 mph due to tires. I doubt we will ever see 130mph this year, but the beast should have some juice to push for a higher trap speed in the quarter miles once it has AS tires.
Cyberbeast is actually capped at 130mph, the dual motor version is capped at 112mph.

Tesla partnered with the tire manufacturer to make a 35 inch AT tire capable of 130mph (hadn’t existed before) and the tire is the rate limiter of speed for the Cyberbeast per Lars (all this was covered in an interview Sandy did with several Tesla engineers)

Last edited:

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
Motors are a similar size and the M3 is WAY less weight, cool lil video.

CyberJet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag
Model 3 Performance gets the jump but Cyberbeast reels it in! 🎣

Wow! I wish you uploaded the video with sound and maybe showed the view from inside the cabins. Maybe do a 1/2 mile race and see if cyberbeast can still beat model 3 performance. Model 3 performance has at least 32 more mph top speed than cyberbeast so it could pass cyberbeast if numbers aren’t lying lol!

CybertruckRN1127

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Cyberbeast is actually capped at 130mph, the dual motor version is capped at 114mph.

Tesla partnered with the tire manufacturer to make a 35 inch AT tire capable of 130mph (hadn’t existed before) and the tire is the rate limiter of speed for the Cyberbeast per Lars (all this was covered in an interview Sandy did with several Tesla engineers)
You are correct. Checking my photos, I can see the AT are H rated tires for 130mph, however, all the 1/4mi videos from Jason, carwow, and others, I only see them cap out at 114mph. I may have to rewatch and see if they went past that. I just remembered they topped out well before the finish line.

Wraven

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You are correct. Checking my photos, I can see the AT are H rated tires for 130mph, however, all the 1/4mi videos from Jason, carwow, and others, I only see them cap out at 114mph. I may have to rewatch and see if they went past that. I just remembered they topped out well before the finish line.
just for posterity sake, I was slightly incorrect the top speed of AWD is 112 not 114. Two MPH matter lol 😀

Those were engineering sample trucks, not running production firmware, but I do recall the same data points now that you mentioned it. Really hoping we see some production Beasts putting real world numbers up soon enough. (Maybe I’ll be the one to do it when I get mine!)

CybertruckRN1127

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
just for posterity sake, I was slightly incorrect the top speed of AWD is 112 not 114. Two MPH matter lol 😀

Those were engineering sample trucks, not running production firmware, but I do recall the same data points now that you mentioned it. Really hoping we see some production Beasts putting real world numbers up soon enough. (Maybe I’ll be the one to do it when I get mine!)
Waiting as well. Hope a YouTuber with a beast takes it to a 1/4 mile track soon. Model X Plaid did it in high 9 sec at 146mph. Interested to see what the time is at 130mph. All the videos I've seen showed the Beast doing low 11 sec, but seem like they all topped out at 114.

GuyV

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, FS Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Cyberbeast is actually capped at 130mph, the dual motor version is capped at 112mph.

So, if it is not the tires, what is the reason for the low top speed limit for the AWD? What else is different? It is hard to believe the dual motors don't have the capability.

Wraven

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So, if it is not the tires, what is the reason for the low top speed limit for the AWD? What else is different? It is hard to believe the dual motors don't have the capability.
Permanent Magnet vs Induction motor configuration from a dual motor vs tri-motor configuration.

Then the more obvious perspective is three motors vs two and a totally new design for the tri-motor config.

GuyV

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, FS Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Permanent Magnet vs Induction motor configuration from a dual motor vs tri-motor configuration.

Then the more obvious perspective is three motors vs two and a totally new design for the tri-motor config.
I haven't heard anything about design differences other than the motors. What else has anyone seen?

At 600hp the performance specs of the two motors on the AWD would seem to be more than adequate to push it at least over 120mph. As I understand it, the front Beast motor is the same as the rear AWD, no? I don't see how it can be lack of power. I would really like to hear some credible analysis.

Wraven

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I haven't heard anything about design differences other than the motors. What else has anyone seen?

At 600hp the performance specs of the two motors on the AWD would seem to be more than adequate to push it at least over 120mph. As I understand it, the front Beast motor is the same as the rear AWD, no? I don't see how it can be lack of power. I would really like to hear some credible analysis.
I’m not a credible source by any means (only an engineer that designed or reverse engineered it is really) but I am repeating several of the interviews that Sandy had with the engineers and the insight in differences they talked about. With engineering it’s always about the details in which even those interviews are a little light.

Wraven

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

one other fleeting thought 💭 a truck with 20 inch rims and 35 inch tires and a gear ratio that is (guessing) most likely different than a sedan or suv could also be a contributing factor.

wonder if the gear ratio is different between the models?

another thought - mechanical locked in the rear motor vs torque vectoring in the tri-motor rear end might also be another key 🔑 difference.

CyberJet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag

I have been very interested to learn more about Cybertruck motors but there is not that much information about them. There is a leak about new model 3 performance having a motor labeled 4D2 motor, and it says Model S is labeled as 5D2 motor in the same article with the model 3 performance motor link on the internet. Do you know if the Cybertruck uses the 4D2 motor, 5D2 motor, on another motor? I'm not really a big expert on motors but I love learning about the Cybertruck motors.
Sponsored