$100K Delivery Expectations- Am I being too Picky?

gbox

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyberbeast, Model Y
Country flag
I understand this frustration as I had it for a few seconds on pickup as it is the most expensive car I have ever owned, however talking to the very friendly staff and understanding they laid off thousands of employees including delivery centers staff and had all these piled up deliveries from the recall so I have empathy if they can’t wash off a little dirt and they didn’t make any excuses, if I saw something they quickly cleaned it and took photos so I had a better pickup and so it sucks they didn’t even try for you. I picked up mine and it had minor dirt but I wouldn’t reject a pickup because of that. I know people that buy Ferraris that would never let the dealers clean the car, they just don’t do a good job of cleaning, so no one is perfect out there. It’s best to focus on the pickup checklist from teslabros. https://107.22.25.52/ultimate-tesla-cybertruck-delivery-day-checklist/. Tesla will make it right if something is not right on pickup, they give that window of 7 days and 100 miles to find any issue and report and they make a decent effort to fix those quickly, while I don’t love finding a problem, I’d rather deal with that then get a non Tesla car. Rejecting a cybertruck is not the same as rejecting another massed produced car or other models, your going to wait a long time so it’s not worth cancelling in my opinion.

Harley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 Highlander, 10 GL450, 03 Vette, 69 Mustang
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Took a close look at a CT that was staged for delivery early this week in Lynnwood WA. I was stunned at the lack of effort that went into cleaning it. Water spots everywhere, streaks where it was quickly wiped down, tonneau and wheel wells really dirty. It was clearly a spray-and-wipe job.

On the contrary, a friend took delivery of his CT yesterday from the same SC and was happy with how it looked.

These trucks are coming off the transporter filthy, almost like they’d been off-roading, so there’s a lot of cleaning to do. However… The first CT I saw was a display unit in February at the SC in Glendale AZ. Outside some fingerprints on the door edges, it was pristine. If that’s the measuring stick Tesla is putting on display to promote this product, that’s what I would expect for my $100,000-plus.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
Nope, I asked.
If you asked them to wash it so you could accept delivery of a clean truck in the next day or two, and they refused, that would be grounds to fire the Delivery Manager. On a previous post you mentioned that last Friday you unexpectedly found your VIN sitting with a bunch of other recently arrived Cybertrucks as you were wandering around looking at the new arrivals out back. You asked when you could accept delivery but they didn't have an answer for you yet.

How is it that you got it already by Tuesday?

Pstryker

First Name
Pstryker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, Ram 1500
Occupation
Video Production
Country flag
Slightly disappointing, but honestly, the fact that you picked it up Tuesday after this recall means they probably rushed to get it to you, and I wish they would do that for me. Would you rather have it now and dirty or in a week and clean? I would choose now.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Picked up my CT at Colorado Springs Tesla. It was filthy, they wouldn’t do a thing

about it. Said they spend 2 hours on detailing.
I would take delivery if the only issue is the car not being washed, and then make a lot of noise about the service center or showroom. But if they spend 2 hours detailing how was it still dirty? I must be missing something. I go to the car wash and 5 minutes later my car looks great.

Kengineer

First Name
Kiwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Foundation cybertruck
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Yup me too!! Mine was also was dirty. Took delivery on 4/24 in Nashville. I still have my check but told the staff I was disappointed. I remember how great 2018 May experience of getting a clean beautiful silver metallic waiting for me with my name on it inside the showroom. This time, cybertruck was dirty, outside in the parking lot, with here it is, almost thought about not taking it.

eindra

First Name
Emil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I had a similar experience. We picked up our vehicle in Austin on Thursday, April 24th. It was extremely dirty. The advisor informed me that it had been detailed, and also explained that this was a common issue with stainless steel.

Eventually, he gave up and bring the truck back.
Unfortunately, the detailing team had already left.

I ended up cleaning it with barkeeper and windex for 3 hours.

michaelahess

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MY LR
Country flag
Pleasant Grove Ut delivery this past Saturday, dirty... gunk stuck in places... a little scratch on the base of the passenger seat...but all panels and interior bits were perfect, so I just went along with it.

84Apollo3

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
This is ridiculous and very disappointing. Somehow my delivery is almost 2 weeks after it arrived at the delivery center. If it looks like this when I pick it up I will not be happy.

RonM

First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 CrewCab, future Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
OK... Who did you PISS o_O OFF to be treated :unsure: this way? Damn, in 1971 I bought a new Ford Pinto for $1919 that was delivered wayyyyyy cleaner than that. (Had to get rid of my70 GTO, too many tickets, but that's another story)

OP
OP

DECO

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck on order, shopping
Occupation
Software Test Engineer
Country flag
Slightly disappointing, but honestly, the fact that you picked it up Tuesday after this recall means they probably rushed to get it to you, and I wish they would do that for me. Would you rather have it now and dirty or in a week and clean? I would choose now.
OK... Who did you PISS o_O OFF to be treated :unsure: this way? Damn, in 1971 I bought a new Ford Pinto for $1919 that was delivered wayyyyyy cleaner than that. (Had to get rid of my70 GTO, too many tickets, but that's another story)
Funny, the first thing we did when we came in the door was give the staff a box of cookies

OP
OP

DECO

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck on order, shopping
Occupation
Software Test Engineer
Country flag
If you asked them to wash it so you could accept delivery of a clean truck in the next day or two, and they refused, that would be grounds to fire the Delivery Manager. On a previous post you mentioned that last Friday you unexpectedly found your VIN sitting with a bunch of other recently arrived Cybertrucks as you were wandering around looking at the new arrivals out back. You asked when you could accept delivery but they didn't have an answer for you yet.

How is it that you got it already by Tuesday?
I got a text message over the weekend to schedule a delivery date and time, I actually got it that Monday.
Sponsored