MonkeyDeLuffy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maverick
Occupation
Math In-and-Out
Country flag
I don't think MKBHD is sitting in a brand-new CT when taking that shot. Still, no update regarding a larger battery pack is planned for CT at this point, coming from my limited connection with Tesla. 300 miles for 6000 lbs CT is not that bad compared to 4680 MY with higher efficiency(125% of CT) and a smaller battery pack(50% of CT).
Sponsored

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
Many are assuming release candidates have largest battery packs, but why? For most testing (except range) a largest pack isn't needed at all. Some assume that MKBHD would only be given a 'Beast Mode' Cybertruck to test, but that's speculation too. We still don't know what battery packs or range options will be offered until tomorrow.

The most useful information I got out of this thread is how the battery percentage display bars work.

However, I hope what's shown in this Cybertruck display is the lower end of maybe two or three range options. This one that MKBHD showed us would be about 295 miles at 100%. I'm hoping that's a shorter range option.

We'll know soon enough.

- ÆCIII
Good point.

The release version of Cybertruck will be widely test-driven and reviewed by the automotive press. A heavier battery would significantly make the driving impressions worse. Better to come out with an exceptionally well driving truck at first, and later release the heavier variant, after people have already decided how it handles and drives off-road. The lighter the better, actually.

As much as I want the most range offered, I also don't want it to drive like a tank on my off-road excursions. A typical day driving off-road I only drive about 150 miles or less, and most of it is at low speeds, so 300 miles gives me plenty of reserve.

Mrp911

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Model 3 AWD LR 109,000 miles and I have 89.7% left.
I think this is pretty good overall.

newwave1331

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered: Cybertruck Tri FSD x 3
Country flag
thanks, here’s that dual motor showroom truck dash:

44362B46-3C7C-412B-89A4-C3E9DD10A157.jpeg

Here’s the OP vehicle dash - which is in suede/alcantara

2A2032B3-FC72-4779-B9EA-E8EE9243CE34.jpeg

OP unit is a tri-motor
So is this a production tri or a 700 series beta?

Tesla Cybertruck 265 mi range at 90% shown in demo Cybertruck driven by Marques Brownlee MKBHD Screenshot 2023-11-10 004400

This shows the alcantara interior and stitch.

Tesla Cybertruck 265 mi range at 90% shown in demo Cybertruck driven by Marques Brownlee MKBHD IMG_4996
Tesla Cybertruck 265 mi range at 90% shown in demo Cybertruck driven by Marques Brownlee MKBHD IMG_4997

I wonder why the bars are green in one and grey in the other.
Maybe from charging.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
So is this a production tri or a 700 series beta?

Screenshot 2023-11-10 004400.png

This shows the alcantara interior and stitch.

IMG_4996.jpeg
IMG_4997.jpeg

I wonder why the bars are green in one and grey in the other.
Maybe from charging.
the Franz Petersen unit is an early beta

no real informative info to it

separately, since this photo is from Austin during pre event media visits, strong assumption they’re not putting people in betas

(then allowing them to “leak” the range - zero chance they both accidentally enabled range display and accidentally included it in the photo framing … or that he’s violating the media embargo a day early before getting to attend the event tomorrow)

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
I don't think they can force white interior onto ppl, should be an option. People with kids would not chose white I'm thinking. White does look nice for press vehicles though.
I know everyone has the right to use their truck however they want but I just can’t understand a white interior on a truck. I am filthy when I am doing physical labor and I use my truck like the tool it is and I get in it and go. Henry’s roofing tar and white don’t go well together. Actually I would prefer darker gray because black shows all the dirt.

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
Like a gift for having to wait so long. Or because battery tech got better?

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
Keep in mind MKBHD is one of the most established YouTubers in his genre. This isn't a "whoops", and he's not biting the hand that feeds him here by showing it. Its' a tease of some kind that Tesla is OK with, despite having an absolute lockdown on range info until tomorrow's event. We'll know why soon enough...

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
In a way this is good news, because a 300-mile Dual-Motor is just about exactly what Tesla announced in 2019. It tells 'me' that there is still hope for a 500-mile Tri-Motor down the road. If the range on the dual was 350-400 then that would be a strong argument that Tesla would only have a single battery pack.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
In a way this is good news, because a 300-mile Dual-Motor is just about exactly what Tesla announced in 2019. It tells 'me' that there is still hope for a 500-mile Tri-Motor down the road. If the range on the dual was 350-400 then that would be a strong argument that Tesla would only have a single battery pack.
photo is of a 'prerformance'/cyberbeast, so it does incidentally (to its speed) have 3 motors

but i think you're suggesting instead the possibility of "down the road" meaning some day the have something like the 2019-described "Tri Motor" long range, heavy duty, variant.

whether and how Musk tomorrow explains any of this (e.g., Nov 30's "performance" model vs the 2019 "Tri Motor" model) will be one thing I'm most interested to hear
Sponsored