Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Performance, Model X P100D
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
A Cyber SUV would be crazy awesome. I am only getting a truck because it's the only way to get a Cyber*. If they have a Cyber SUV I'd be all over that like flies on sh!t.

I'm sure it would canabilze some Y and X sales, but isn't that the wrong approach to think about this? If you can make a better vehicle cheaper, you should, yes? Otherwise someone else will. You could argue that the 3 and the Y cannibalized some S and X sales but they weren't wrong to build them. Not quite the same, but ultimately the point stands.

Also, it could be positioned like a Defender or other similar vehicles. It's the offroading, rugged lifestyle vehicle that also happens to carry the output of a family who doesn't believe in rubber hats. Some potential Y buyers will opt for it, but many won't because they want a more typical vehicle.

Anyway, I've hoped for years that the Cyber SUV would eventually replace my Cybertruck.
Sponsored

Last edited:

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
I don't see the point, CT is already both truck and SUV. It seats six and has a ton of enclosed cargo room.

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I don't see the point, CT is already both truck and SUV. It seats six and has a ton of enclosed cargo room.
Don’t worry, in 5 years when CAFE regulations are no longer relevant the whole SUV category will cease to exist. Vans and trucks will be the only vehicles we see.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Vans and tandem 2 seater tadpole trikes... ;)
Sponsored