Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Just for completeness:

If we go 12% more to 28Ah cells and 296Wh/kg we get a 138kWh with around 390mile range from the same pack @ the same 333Wh/mi the current DM has for 340miles. That would be exactly what I would want for my DM! :)
Sponsored

GhostAndSkater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Just for completeness:

If we go 12% more to 28Ah cells and 296Wh/kg we get a 138kWh with around 390mile range from the same pack @ the same 333Wh/mi the current DM has for 340miles. That would be exactly what I would want for my DM! :)
Thanks for confirming my hypothesis

Also, tires, lot's of people aren't talking about them, on Rivian there is a ~15% range increase from A/T to H/T, ok that they are a bit smaller

We might see 390 miles with more range oriented tires, and from your better cells, likely gen 3 4680s, 440 miles

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Also, tires, lot's of people aren't talking about them, on Rivian there is a ~15% range increase from A/T to H/T, ok that they are a bit smaller

We might see 390 miles with more range oriented tires, and from your better cells, likely gen 3 4680s, 440 miles
you’re, I think, incorrectly assuming that the Ct range data is on the Goodyears?

near zero chance those range numbers aren’t instead on the street-oriented Pirellis, not to mention the lighter base wheels

and yes, just like with Rivian, choosing the Goodyears/premium wheels over the Pirellis/base wheels could have up to a ~30% range hit at sustained 75mph driving

That’s almost a 30 percent improvement over a previous truck wearing all-terrain tires.​

The 15% you cite is at EPA conditions, which averages 43mph

the CT tires have an H weight rating and a 130mph speed rating, but at 35” size.

Pirelli (and Goodyear) custom/produced these tires, in part because neither manufacturer built such a tire prior to the CyberTruck.

the Pirelli’s are the ELECT series, specifically made for increasing range on electric vehicles.

Which is all to say, people have talked about tires quite a lot, and aren’t necessarily overlooking it - but instead feel it’s clear the range figures are already on street-oriented tires, and ones that won’t be easily upgraded to be more range-friendly anytime soon (eg absent improvements in tire tech).

And, people assuming these range figures already factor in the Goodyear tires and premium wheels are likely in for some disappointment.

I was hoping to see Tesla brake-out the range effects of the tire/wheel selections, and maybe they will at configuration.

but until then, the fact that Tesla hasn’t broken these out already to flash around, leaves me confident they’re showing only the optimum case scenario
Sponsored