wanders

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CRVEX-LAWD
Country flag
Yeah, thatā€™s a cool idea. VW has something like that for GPS directions, I think. It flashes blue from center to left or center to right when you need to turn.
Seems to be the next functional steps, especially with AI-driven hardware and Robotaxi around the corner. Could create a massive library of easily identifiable notification types based on coloring and motions of the ring of light that surrounds you. I'll be honest though, I didn't see this one coming.
Sponsored

Setok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Rover Defender
Country flag
Yeah, thatā€™s a cool idea. VW has something like that for GPS directions, I think. It flashes blue from center to left or center to right when you need to turn.
Yeah, the VW ID.Buzz at least had that (as an option anyway). But itā€™s not a LED strip glaring straight into your eyes all the time. Itā€™s tastefully done. Now would I pay extra for that option? Probably not.

By notifications I seriously hope you guys donā€™t mean social media notifications and the like. Thatā€™s the last thing Iā€™d want! But direction indications would be fine.

CYBRSMTH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fit
Country flag
Yeah, the VW ID.Buzz at least had that (as an option anyway). But itā€™s not a LED strip glaring straight into your eyes all the time. Itā€™s tastefully done. Now would I pay extra for that option? Probably not.

By notifications I seriously hope you guys donā€™t mean social media notifications and the like. Thatā€™s the last thing Iā€™d want! But direction indications would be fine.
Hell no (to social media notifications), just notifications on when to turn, blindspot, exceeding speed limit by X amount, accident ahead, etc. Useful driving stuff.

CYBRSMTH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fit
Country flag
Yeah, for years I have been concerned about that A-pillar blind spot....wish someone could reassure me it is no big deal...:unsure:
I think in Elonā€™s mind it isnā€™t a concern because of FSD, but yeah, itā€™s been a problem for decades. My 2009 Honda Fit has a raked windshield and the A pillar obstructs my view even with a sail window, which the CT also has.

CYBRSMTH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fit
Country flag
Thatā€™s true, but Iā€™d actually use it if it had a function and/or didnā€™t reflect onto the windshield. I think this is why most ambient lighting is under the dash. Lucky for us Tesla iterates almost constantly and listens to their customers (sometimes).

As for the functionality it could totally be added through a software update and Tesla is the absolute best at this. Just look at how they improved camera quality in HW3. Amazing!

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
It's not a big deal, because it's completely vertical and back close to the driver. Believe me or not, but the CT pillar design is fantastic for visibility.
youā€™re completely talking out of your arse

Youā€™ve never sat in the CT

And whatā€™s left, your mental map/extrapolations, are off

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag

But how do you really feel about this?

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag

I'm not, it's actually part of my professional field. But your cheeks are flapping in this post.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
I'm not, it's actually part of my professional field. But your cheeks are flapping in this post.
Your experience in your professional field appears appears to allow you, from the armchair, to override the experience of people who have sat in and driven the truck

thatā€™s a valuable skillset!

all car designs have compromises. The CT is no different. In fact, maybe moreso.

it doesnā€™t help the Cybertruck or Tesla to put your fingers in your ears and repeat ā€œitā€™s flawless, I guarantee itā€™s flawlessā€

except for maybe a certain subset of ā€œfansā€
Sponsored