EVCanuck

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ЗАЗ-968, Canyonero
Country flag
Personally not a big fun of ATVs, mostly due to safety concerns. But interested what other people think.
Sponsored

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
Anyone think they might bundle it with CT at a lower price? Like "ATV $10,000 with purchase of CT, $12,500 after"?

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
It’s a cool looking toy, but I have run out of space and cannot really think of where or how I would use it except as a toy. I have a sad history of buying expensive things and using them a couple of times. The camper or rack I would use a lot.

WildhavenMI

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (reserved), 2021 Bolt EV, 2018 Model X
Occupation
Digital @ Aurora Solar
Country flag
Unless it goes from sporty to utility, no. I like side-by-sides/UTVs, but would totally rock an EV ATV if it was utility-minded. In fact, once DRR drops the price on the Safari 4x4 I was planning on one of those. $13k is just too expensive considering the Polaris Ranger EV is only $12k.

A utility ATV with racks and a tow ball/pin hitch combo would be perfect. Unfortunately every photo of the cyberquad makes it look like a fun machine and not a work machine.

WildhavenMI

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (reserved), 2021 Bolt EV, 2018 Model X
Occupation
Digital @ Aurora Solar
Country flag
fkn Daymak. Fun as hell, inexpensive, and horribly built with more QA issues than I've ever seen. Last fall I drove over to Windsor to test drive some of their stuff. The Boomerbeast cracks me up but it bogs down under weight.

Gord

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F250 SD
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Personally not a big fun of ATVs, mostly due to safety concerns. But interested what other people think.
I was pinned by one after it rolled over on me the other riders in the group uprighted it and we carried on; massive bruising I was very lucky

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
I'm leaning more towards a pair of electric bikes, either higher powered mountain bikes or electric trials bike. It depends upon what's available when I'm ready to jump in. These will mount in the bed of the Cybertruck. I envision a mounting system that allows the bed cover to be closed.

The safety issue of the electric ATV doesn't bother me at all - it's as safe as you make it while riding it, same as any car, motorcycle or bicycle. I don't like riding bicycles where there is other traffic because that adds elements of danger largely beyond my control but the Tesla ATV is not envisioned as a street-legal vehicle so I just don't see that as a problem. Even so, it's probably safer than a bicycle in traffic due to it's larger size and ability to match traffic speeds, even up hills.
Sponsored