Article: CyberTruck has a HUGE problem, needs a FULL REDESIGN...

Startreknerd

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Medical Clerk
Country flag
Cancellation rate will be far higher than 5%, that's just a given in a situation like this. I don't know what the Model 3 cancellation rate was, but I'm sure it was a lot more the 5%.
Then I'm definitely under 100k in line.
Sponsored

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
So why else would they tape the hoods. If you are mass producing a product in the early stages you take extra precautionary measures during shipping. I have personally had a family members hood fly up on the freeway because they were doing major engine work and forgot to latch it properly. Mistakes happen so they are taping the hoods. Its not complicated. For people that don't ever work on cars or haul much stuff it may be hard to comprehend how things could fly open or out of the vehicle.
respectfully, I don’t think the tape is a merely precautionary measure for an otherwise fully functioning unit

precautionary doesn’t make sense on it’s own, assuming these hoods ‘work’

also, they’re not merely taping the hoods down across the front

they’re also using tape to seal the gaps (front and tip) between the hood and the quarterpanels

seems there’s something going on with fitment and seals that is at play, aside and in addition to something going on with reliability of closures

AlDente

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, Model 3 (2), Model X
Country flag
Thanks be to God that I read this amazingly balanced, science based analysis of the CyberTruck before I purchased one. It's journalism at its finest with quotable statements like: "As Adrian Clarke—a professional car designer who now writes design critiques for the automobile publication The Autopian—told me back then: “The Cybertruck is a low polygon joke that only exists in the fever dreams of Tesla fans that stands high on the smell of Elon Musk’s flatulences.”

Really, what else needs to be said?
Sponsored