Cyber Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne, Awaiting Cyberbeast
Country flag
Based on the wording I may be blacklisted. It’s unclear to me if that is for a new CT only or any Tesla.

IMG_5702.jpeg
Dang! Since you had multiple reservations, Tesla probably figured out you intended to flip all these VINs at some point, though you were testing waters with the first VIN. Thanks for warning us though. That was a good thing to do, unlike posting VIN literally everywhere! :LOL:

Now I'm curious to know how Tesla will handle other CT sales. Whatever they do, I'm sure they won't go after Kim Kardashian. :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
But to be clear this situation does not YET have anything to do with the resell clause, rather its Tesla just enacting its right to cancel further orders as it outlined it would in the pre-order conditions already.
That is the screwiest interpretation I've seen (saying this does not YET have anything to do with the no resale clause).

Of course it does. It has everything to do with the "no resale" clause. Publically offering your Cybertruck for sale demonstates a bad faith purchase. That is what triggered Tesla to cancel his additional Cybertruck reservations (thus it has EVERYTHING to do with the no resale clause).

cgladue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model S 75D, 2018 Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
A right to repair isn't a right for that shop to repair.

-Crissa
what i meant is you would have other options other then tesla in that case (in theory)

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
That is the screwiest interpretation I've seen (saying this does not YET have anything to do with the no resale clause).

Of course it does. It has everything to do with the "no resale" clause. Publically offering your Cybertruck for sale demonstates a bad faith purchase. That is what triggered Tesla to cancel his additional Cybertruck reservations (thus it has EVERYTHING to do with the no resale clause).
I can rephrase that for you to get the context:

They did not need the contract clause to cancel the CT reservations, because they had other conditions in the reservation that allowed them to do it., so they didn't need it.

That better?

mark555055c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck AWD FS, 2019 Silverado Trail Boss
Country flag
I really applaud Tesla for their efforts in this. People have been waiting 4 years for this vehicle, heck, some have died while waiting. If Tesla were to just let this stuff go, i could easily see 50% of the first 1-2 years of production being subject to flippers.

Last edited:

Outdoors

First Name
Outdoors
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S,3,Y,C
If Tesla were to just let this stuff go, i could easily see 50% of the first 1-2 years of production being subject to flippers.
I think the guy from show me your vin proved that. He said some of his best customers were Tesla owners flipping.

People can say whatever on free market BS. Enter into a contract with the intent to break is like getting married with figuring a way out as you go down the aisle.

The new one I read is. I drove it for a couple months. Just testing the waters. 🙄

Cybertruck Dude

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
OperatingEngineer
Country flag
So far they have cancelled my other reservations. No other word. Now we wait and see if they drop the hammer.
My last brand new truck I bought 1998. Saved four years for this cyber truck. I don’t think I’ll be selling it I’ll probably die with it!🤣😂

carsly

First Name
Vin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LR Defender, Tesla Model S
Country flag
Resale restrictions aren't new. There is the famous Ford GT case with John Cena, who probably could afford pretty decent lawyers, but if you pick up an in-demand Land Rover, Ferrari or other high-end vehicle many will have resale and/or export restrictions.

We picked up a Defender 130 First Edition in December 2022 and it had a one-year resale and export restriction. Didn't pay much attention to either since I wasn't looking to flip, just own and drive the vehicle. But I definitely did read them and understand them.

Heck, I took my 2010 BMW 3 series to the dealer last week for routine service (don't judge me) and the loaner vehicle agreement stated I couldn't leave the country. Not sure how I would have done that from central NJ for a few hour service for an oil change and brake fluid, but there you go.

The simple answer is don't execute contracts you have no intent to fulfill. However, if do you sign the contract then abide by the terms. If neither of those work for you I hope you're an awesome contract lawyer who has a lot of spare time because hiring an attorney to battle this out for you against Tesla will take years and likely tens of thousands of dollars at which point your Cybertruck is just another used truck and you're out legal fees and potentially court costs.

carsly

First Name
Vin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LR Defender, Tesla Model S
Country flag
PS I'd also think twice because these are connected vehicles. Break the contract and enter litigation and Tesla could deem it a risk to remotely manage your vehicle which could result in:
- no software updates, ever (might impact resale)
- no Supercharging access (might impact resale)
- no Premium connectivity (might impact resale)
- and sure as anything, no FSD Beta when that's available (might impact resale)
- no more Teslas for you, ever

So if you think they have no recourse once you're taken possession I think you'll find they have plenty of recourse options even if they don't find sale listings quickly enough to block the transactions. Your bigger issue might be if you've already sold the vehicle that the buyer sues you for material misrepresentation if you did not disclose the risks above to the buyer as part of the transaction. Then you're really SOL.

Makeodds101

First Name
Ro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fj Cruiser
Country flag
I definitely don’t want to give out any part of my VIN numbers when I get my CT now, just imagine if someone put your VIN up for sell just to troll you. You wouldn’t know until you got the Tesla email and who knows if they would believe you if you tried to talk your way out of it.

Kaz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q8
Country flag
I really applaud Tesla for their efforts in this. People have been waiting 4 years for this vehicle, heck, some have died while waiting. If Tesla were to just let this stuff go, i could easily see 50% of the first 1-2 years of production being subject to flippers.
The flip side to that is Tesla is doing the same thing hiding it under a FS! Early reservation holders are being skipped because somebody else is willing to pay $20,000 more to have it sooner….. hmmmm

CTInProcess

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
PS I'd also think twice because these are connected vehicles. Break the contract and enter litigation and Tesla could deem it a risk to remotely manage your vehicle which could result in:
- no software updates, ever (might impact resale)
- no Supercharging access (might impact resale)
- no Premium connectivity (might impact resale)
- and sure as anything, no FSD Beta when that's available (might impact resale)
- no more Teslas for you, ever

So if you think they have no recourse once you're taken possession I think you'll find they have plenty of recourse options even if they don't find sale listings quickly enough to block the transactions. Your bigger issue might be if you've already sold the vehicle that the buyer sues you for material misrepresentation if you did not disclose the risks above to the buyer as part of the transaction. Then you're really SOL.
Exactly this! You never truly own a Tesla.
Sponsored