Bought TSLA stock today

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
I don’t understand the folks who insist they aren’t going to sell, are still only buying, but claim they want the stock price to rise. If you really want to keep buying in the future you want the price to stay low. I’m the poorest rich guy in the neighborhood because every time I find a spare couple of hundred dollars in my bank account I can’t help but buy more shares. I only have a few months before retirement so I want the stock price to stay down until, at least, July. I don’t plan on needing to sell any soon after that, but I won’t care if the stock takes off after 2Q earnings report. I’ll have no dry powder after that. 🤞👍
Buy when it goes down as it will and hold when the masses are jumping in because it is the new narrative. I understand your sentiment but I think current momentum has to happen and is still a huge value. Wealth will be created IMO at these prices. The price is low. The PE is ridiculous and is based on an automotive PE and not what we all know Tesla truly is.

Tesla is an automotive company that that has an unsurmountable lead in the the biggest disruption in locomotion since the horse and buggy transition to the automobile. It is an energy company in the beginning stages of it S curve. It is an AI company. It is a software company. It will one day rule the roads and change the mindset of Americans on whether they need to own a car because the Robotaxi makes greater economical sense. Oh, yeah an insurance company also and there's that Optimus thing.

If Tesla is going to be the most valuable company in the future the stock has to go up. 180 is a steal. 300 is robbery and someday you will smile when you realize you brought TSLA at 1000 a share. Elon has said he sees a path to this and therefore TSLA will need to have at least a 3 trillion dollar market cap. What does that mean the stock? Does the cap 6x?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
I already know that feeling. Did it mostly for its meme value. 😬😆
5A798C9A-90F5-4027-A733-4349DE3BF9D5_1_201_a.jpeg
That was pre split so 356 now. That will age well.

I buy regularly and cost average.

I also made a purchase when price came off all-time highs.

Value
$15,999.99

Date
Jan 3, 2022
Share price
$1,152.42
Quantity
Security

I lost this one but I believe in the fundamentals and I am a long term investor so it is all good. My average share price is just under 200 at this time, so it all works out.

Last edited:

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
It's hard to fathom that a company could reach a 5 trillion market cap within say the next 7 years.

This would seem to be as improbable as when Apple hit 1 Trillion. In world when only 10 years earlier, Exxon was worth 300 Billion and Microsoft 250 billion.

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
So happy I trusted fundamentals over FUD. 100%+ growth on my December TSLA investment. After investor day and many catalyst to unfold in 2023 I believe we will see all time highs by year end.

mhaze

First Name
mhike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 3; Smartcar; F150 Raptor; Avalanche 2500 4x4
Country flag
I'm officially invested in a couple of hundred shares.
Holding till Nov 2049 when I will start my mandatory withdrawals.
The only thing that would change my mind would be if SpaceX goes public. If that happens, I will swap 100% of the portfolio into SpaceX.
Why? Just HODL the shares and then sell them to buy the tix to Mars.

OP
OP
SpaceYooper

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
Why? Just HODL the shares and then sell them to buy the tix to Mars.
I'm not going to Mars. But as a lifelong space professional, about the only thing I obsess over more then the CT, is spaceX. IT IS AWESOME. So I'd buy it if it was made public.

mhaze

First Name
mhike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well then, you know the past conceptual designs of big-diameter rockets and understand what the 33-engine test means regarding actual objectives in space.

In unraveling that simple statement, there are a thousand vital investment opportunities.

I strongly suspect that Elon had found severe flaws in the business concept of a public company achieving the objectives he wanted and thus chose another model. For you, that might mean that the success of SpaceX would not exist or would trend toward mediocracy if they were publicly traded and listed such that we could buy and own shares.

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Well then, you know the past conceptual designs of big-diameter rockets and understand what the 33-engine test means regarding actual objectives in space.

In unraveling that simple statement, there are a thousand vital investment opportunities.

I strongly suspect that Elon had found severe flaws in the business concept of a public company achieving the objectives he wanted and thus chose another model. For you, that might mean that the success of SpaceX would not exist or would trend toward mediocracy if they were publicly traded and listed such that we could buy and own shares.
SpaceX predates Tesla and Musk has made it clear he’d prefer to not expose it to public markets.

I also find it unlikely Musk will take The Boring Company public. Too much drama.

OP
OP
SpaceYooper

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I don't disagree that spaceX will ever be made public. I take an interest in other things space related, but not to the point that I'd want to invest in them.

I don't generally invest in wall street. I just had this $ sitting in another fund that I hadn't contributed to in over a decade so I moved it into something that interested me.

I'll most likely have my TSLA stock until I'm legally forced to do something with it. It is not part of my retirement plan nor CT purchase plan.

mhaze

First Name
mhike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
SpaceX predates Tesla and Musk has made it clear he’d prefer to not expose it to public markets.

I also find it unlikely Musk will take The Boring Company public. Too much drama.
Agree completely. I also know that silly government "environmental review" that's holding up the BFR launch (Big ******* Rocket) license and launch is the last lame attempt to stall us breaking out of this little planet here.

They'll have spacecraft landing on the moon routinely while NASA's still trying to get one more launch done. At least in large part, that's due to private vs public ownership. Public ownership invites actual enemies to buy in - that means not just foreign but also domestic competitors.

OP
OP
SpaceYooper

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Can't wait.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Holy Fook.

Starship launch yesterday was crazy and that was just trying out the rockets with 1/4 the liftoff juice!

I forgot to mention in the previous post. I do think there is a strong possibility SpaceX IPOs the Starlink service to raise funds and give employees a liquid equity for compensation. But it’ll only come once Starlink finances stabilize.

mhaze

First Name
mhike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Holy Fook.

Starship launch yesterday was crazy and that was just trying out the rockets with 1/4 the liftoff juice!

I forgot to mention in the previous post. I do think there is a strong possibility SpaceX IPOs the Starlink service to raise funds and give employees a liquid equity for compensation. But it’ll only come once Starlink finances stabilize.
Simple question. If Starlink was IPO'd and then a public company, could it divert resources to help the Ukraine?

Nope.

mhaze

First Name
mhike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It's hard to fathom that a company could reach a 5 trillion market cap within say the next 7 years.

This would seem to be as improbable as when Apple hit 1 Trillion. In world when only 10 years earlier, Exxon was worth 300 Billion and Microsoft 250 billion.
But this is 5 trillion of the Small Dollars. They look like dollar bills but fit nicely in small matchbox. Just take a look at some of them.
Sponsored