Brake Malfunction; hit light pole

Outdoors

First Name
Outdoors
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S,3,Y,C
Kyle šŸ˜©. Oh How I love Kyle. I have never driven the truck lovers praise him. Yee Lord Kyle speaks. What say yee Kyle out of spec?

Oh it feels this way. Oh. Yee of Cybertruck world. Your leather bound sole shale feel the same as mine.

What a bag of whatever. Top gear ya ain't.
Sponsored

Cyber1qhorsey

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FORD Expedition, Escape, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Oh, that blows. Sorry this happened to you.

Does anyone know what the process is to get Tesla involved? Gotta be valuable data there for them to analyze. Do the cars/trucks just flag that there's been a collision event and upload whatever they can? Almost sounds like the thing froze up for a few seconds.

(I'm new to Teslas and the ecosystem)
Tesla needs to total the car to inspect it. Demand a new one, or a refund! And go through a lawyer...

Scott Beall

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Grand Cherokee (dd), 1966 Mustang, 1967 Corv
Country flag
1. Sincerely happy that you're OK.

2. Condolences for your broken truck. That does suck.

3. From those of us who are waiting until Tesla has collected enough data to launch FSD on the Cybertruck, Thanks! Somebody had to get that particular dataset for us. Now the CT knows not to hit light posts. I'll buy you a virtual beer. šŸ»

The Tesla Guy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23MS Plaid, 23MY, LR,Order-FoundationCyberTruck DM
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Anyone have to do an emergency stop yet? Had to push the brakes fairly hard yesterday when a large object flew onto the highway causing traffic in front of me to suddenly stop and swerve. I had good follow distance at 70mph but did not have enough stopping power to avoid the car in slowing front of me that any of my previous cars wouldā€™ve easily avoided.

Luckily i was able to switch lanes before impact.

I will try to purposely make some hard stops later and see whats going on.

Synchronicity786

First Name
O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Bronco, Tesla Cybertruck
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
HOLD UP EVERYONE

I asked earlier, so did a couple other people. No response. Why did this guy drive into a light pole? What about the steering??? Why would he be driving into a light poleā€¦.. Idgaf about the brakes anymore. Why drive straight into a light pole? He couldā€™ve steered any other direction. And why isnā€™t everyone asking thisā€¦.

And heā€™s sore? Sore from what? Maybe this was supposed to be an Aprilā€™s fools day postā€¦

Last edited:

BuzzBasswood

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model X Plaid, 2020 Model Y Performance
Country flag
Looks like a beast mode launch gone wrong

DumpsterFire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Mouth Breather
Country flag
You tell us

IMG_1961.jpeg
No tire marks. The damage was on the drivers side while the pole ā€œdamageā€ would be on the passenger side. Etc, etc, etc.

A 6600 lbs truck would have fucked up that pole even just a bit.

Like I said before. Youā€™re full of shit.

Last edited:

Bothwalien

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3LR
Country flag
Kyle šŸ˜©. Oh How I love Kyle. I have never driven the truck lovers praise him. Yee Lord Kyle speaks. What say yee Kyle out of spec?

Oh it feels this way. Oh. Yee of Cybertruck world. Your leather bound sole shale feel the same as mine.

What a bag of whatever. Top gear ya ain't.
I didnā€™t mean to touch a nerve. Kyleā€™s driven his Cybertruck thousands of miles more than most of us, but he sure seems to (apparently) rub some people the wrong way šŸ¤£

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Well thereā€™s no stalk soā€¦no. I couldnā€™t find anything about emergency power off outside of the power cycle here in the ownerā€™s manual:

https://www.tesla.com/ownersmanual/cybertruck/en_us/GUID-87DD5C22-8D11-4E00-8A04-1D198116B859.html
Of course there is no stalk on the Cybertruck, but there has to be a way to shut the motors off, as in this case.

I found it, and it ā€˜isā€™ in the Cybertruck manual:

ā€œIf an alternative method is needed to bring the vehicle to a stop, press and hold the Park button on the touchscreen's drive mode strip to apply the brakes and remove drive torque while the button is held.ā€

Last edited:

Ward L

First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, FS CT AWD
Country flag
I have noticed the CT regen braking is different from my M3. When I had an 80% charge, going downhill, I have got the "Fine Print" on the screen saying regen braking is limited when it was about 55 Deg outside. Did I mention the "fine print" on the screen is ridiculous? I'm more likely to get into an accident trying to read the fine print doing a 2 second flash on the screen than the brakes failing.

I think the OP was trying to help other CT drivers to be careful with their new, bleeding edge computer on wheels vehicle. In a panic the rear wheel steering might throw you for a spin as well. Take it for what it is worth, driving a 7,000 # vehicle with new dynamics (lots of HP, steer-by-wire, huge tires) may not behave as you expect. MTC