firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
He covers most of the points I have mentioned better.
Bottom line I do not care if tool (Cybertruck) looks different, I care that it is better at its job at lower cost.

Ford F-150 Lightning
Lack of range
Dent-able & scratch-able painted aluminum body & aluminum bed
omission of a air compressor
Lack of leveling & adaptive air suspension
Less space of protected & lockable storage (Cybertruck has frunk, 6 person cabin, sail panels, vault).
Only 5.5 ft cargo bed.
Lower payload ( 2,000lbs with 230mi battery, 1,800 with 300mi battery).
Higher TCO & lower energy efficiency (because of brick wall type shape will use much more electricity per mile).
Higher price & get much less.

Tesla Cybertruck or Ford Lightning? The best contractor work pickup truck.
Jun 9, 2021
NJRE - contractor & long time owner of multiple Ford F series pickup trucks

Sponsored

Last edited:

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
I'm a field service engineer and I've been saying this since day 1.

Challeco

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23ModelY,71F250,14Fusion,66Galaxie
Occupation
Medical Technologist
Country flag
Well, that was enlightening. I've been complaining about not having an eight foot bed option since the reveal of the C.T. which was the singular reason I delayed reserving one. Yes, I know it was a stupid move and I will have to wait my turn for a full year or more. Despite not having the eight feet without dropping the tail gate on the C.T., it is still far more than a five foot six inch bed. 5 1/2' is just not enough and for ford to call it a full size bed is a lie. The person in the video did not mention vehicle weight. However, from my insignificant research the lightning is a heavier truck than my old 71 F250 but I think the C.T. is lighter than both.

Dirt Worker

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair Corsa, Mini Cooper, T880 Kenworth, CT
Occupation
Excavation Company
Country flag
It doesn't take a genius to figure out the CT is not just better than the other electrics, it's better than any other pickup as a work truck. The tow rating might not reach the top tier weight of the big three but enough to pull a small excavator and tools to and from a job for less than the average price of a 3/4 ton diesel.

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
This video is very factual in terms of known specs and obviously the CT comes out on top, but it's taking me back to an old complaint I heard ad nauseum back on reveal, "but you can't reach over the sides!"

As someone who works out of an f350 with side boxes that render it too tall to reach over, this literally does not matter.

I think once they're out and about, the CT is going to surprise people with its versatility.

OP
OP

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
This video is very factual in terms of known specs and obviously the CT comes out on top, but it's taking me back to an old complaint I heard ad nauseum back on reveal, "but you can't reach over the sides!"

As someone who works out of an f350 with side boxes that render it too tall to reach over, this literally does not matter.

I think once they're out and about, the CT is going to surprise people with its versatility.
Today's full-size trucks are all much taller than they were 30 years ago. Most people can not reach over sides of today's full-size trucks and pickup something on bed floor.

Because the Cybertruck has storage space in frunk & sail panels plus the Cybertruck can lower the entire bed (the entire truck) or tilt the bed tailgate end even lower, reach-ability of bed will be available to more people with standard Cybertruck than today's standard full-size ICE pickup trucks.

Last edited:

craigt

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla truck
Occupation
self employed
Country flag
He covers most of the points I have mentioned better.
Bottom line I do not care if tool (Cybertruck) looks different, I care that it is better at its job at lower cost.

Ford F-150 Lightning
Lack of range
Dent-able & scratch-able painted aluminum body & aluminum bed
omission of a air compressor
Lack of leveling & adaptive air suspension
Less space of protected & lockable storage (Cybertruck has frunk, 6 person cabin, sail panels, vault).
Only 5.5 ft cargo bed.
Lower payload ( 2,000lbs with 230mi battery, 1,800 with 300mi battery).
Higher TCO & lower energy efficiency (because of brick wall type shape will use much more electricity per mile).
Higher price & get much less.

Tesla Cybertruck or Ford Lightning? The best contractor work pickup truck.
Jun 9, 2021
NJRE - contractor & long time owner of multiple Ford F series pickup trucks

bottom line ... NEVER trust ford .... they screwed me around big time as well as others i know and refuse to acknowledge the issues as they would then need to recall a shit load of trucks ....

Mike Hickey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck 2 motor
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Today's full-size trucks are all much taller than they were 30 years ago. Most people can not reach over sides of today's full-size trucks and pickup something on bed floor.

Because the Cybertruck has storage space in frunk & sail panels plus the Cybertruck can lower the entire bed (the entire truck) or tilt the bed tailgate end even lower, reach-ability of bed will available to more people with standard Cybertruck than today's standard full-size ICE pickup trucks.
I.E., Haul mulch? Lower back to 4". Raise front to 20". An easy push to dump. (4"-20" when stationary, shown on recent parents).

OP
OP

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
the Cybertruck can lower the entire bed (the entire truck) or tilt the bed tailgate end even lower, reach-ability of bed will be available to more people with standard Cybertruck than today's standard full-size ICE pickup trucks.

I.E., Haul mulch? Lower back to 4". Raise front to 20". An easy push to dump. (4"-20" when stationary, shown on recent patents).
gravel, sand, soil

Agree. Even base model Cybertruck as a mini-dump truck.

Also all models of Cybertruck have a huge payload capacity of 3,500 lbs compared to F-150 Lightnings 1,800/2,000 lbs or even that of F-150 ICE means possibly many fewer trips needed with Cybertruck.

Last edited:

Challeco

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23ModelY,71F250,14Fusion,66Galaxie
Occupation
Medical Technologist
Country flag

Because the Cybertruck has storage space in frunk & sail panels plus the Cybertruck can lower the entire bed (the entire truck) or tilt the bed tailgate end even lower, reach-ability of bed will be available to more people with standard Cybertruck than today's standard full-size ICE pickup trucks.
Other than the ridiculous price tag the ride height of my 71 F250 is the reason I keep it running and usable.
Sponsored