Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I just hope they make the newer ones a touch wider than existing ones. Right now several I go to are a bit on the narrow side even for my Model Y. They will be very tight for the Cybertruck.
Sponsored

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
I believe the ones in Baker are pull-through
Well, sort of. The EA chargers are indeed easy pull through with a trailer. The Superchargers have face to face parking spaces, so you can fit a small trailer same as you can do in a normal parking lot. I have a 20' overall trailer and it fits (just barely) into two parking spaces in a shopping center. Problem is, you can only really do this near the ends because of turning radius. So from what I've seen of Baker, it could work with a short trailer if the end spots are open. I have not seen ANY specific planning for trailers.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I have not seen ANY specific planning for trailers.
The two pull in SC location near me have one space which backwards on the end which I've seen used for a Model X with a trailer. It is in a tricky place to get a long trailer in and out of. Once you charge, you have to back out of the stall and navigate through a parking lot.

Seems to me if you are looking at 20+ foot trailers it's going to be a challenge in a lot of existing stations.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
The two pull in SC location near me have one space which backwards on the end which I've seen used for a Model X with a trailer. It is in a tricky place to get a long trailer in and out of. Once you charge, you have to back out of the stall and navigate through a parking lot.

Seems to me if you are looking at 20+ foot trailers it's going to be a challenge in a lot of existing stations.
I mean at Baker. I've seen other SCs that may or may not have a trailer in mind.

20' is a rather small travel trailer. A "normal" or average TT is about 24-28 overall. The living space is typically 3-5' less than the overall. So mine is a "17 foot" trailer. Glancing around at trailers I believe the solid middle ground is 23-25 living plus a few feet of tongue length. Also the CT is a solid foot+ longer than my current truck.

Bottom line, even with my "small" trailer this is going to be a small challenge. But as I've said before, dropping a trailer is trivial.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
20' is a rather small travel trailer. A "normal" or average TT is about 24-28 overall.
The guy I saw was pulling a 12 foot U Haul trailer.

The 20' trailer would be "Challenging", a 28 foot trailer somewhere between Epic and Impossible. If that parking lot is busy you are just out of luck unless you have god-lick trailer skills.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
That is a car-size trailer. As we move to a more capable truck, we should expect larger trailers. A 14k capacity means that a 30' boat or a 35' travel trailer are reasonable. If this truck is going to go into "real truck" territory, then that's what's to be expected.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
That is a car-size trailer. As we move to a more capable truck, we should expect larger trailers. A 14k capacity means that a 30' boat or a 35' travel trailer are reasonable. If this truck is going to go into "real truck" territory, then that's what's to be expected.
There are more Cybertrucks on pre-order than there are Teslas on the road today. The number of Teslas on the road is likely to triple between now and when the Cybertruck is launched.

We need more charging stations. Just all around. At least twice as many as current.

Some percentage of those will hopefully be more Cybertruck friendly. They don't necessarily need every charging station to be trailer friendly, but they do need enough stalls along any given route to make them viable.

On top of that, we need Tesla's routing software to be able to route people to trailer friendly Superchargers.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
A half dozen Teslas at charger with one free space in the middle. Location does not have pull through,

Just T-block all the cars, use an extension and tell the drives, it will just take a minute.

CT trumps all the other models thus you are entitled. Just maybe not in the gun toting states.
Sponsored