israndy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3, 2012 Mitsubishi I-Miev, 2x 2007 Vectrix VX-1, 2000 Honda Insight, 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired from IT
Country flag
I don't know what the vault cover is made of but I cannot believe that the rubber switch cover is gonna last as long as the stainless exterior otherwise will. Perhaps someone will sell a switch cover to protect it from the weather.
Sponsored

BigAl

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Snow is relatively easy of course. Ice less so… Frequently you have to literally hammer it and the buttons look concaved so will be a magnet for ice.

If ice gets between the gaps on the vault cover that could prevent it from working at all, and be very tricky to clear out.
So how is this any different from existing electric truck bed covers? Seems to me people have found a way to make it work before, what’s stopping them from figuring it out now?

hridge2020

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
Aircraft Fixed/Rotary - Rocket/Missile/Spacecraft/Air Defense Scientist
Country flag
Where's the bounce mode button??

-To help get out of sandy/muddy predicament -

Last edited:

Albern

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevrolet Volt, 202X Cybertruck Plaid+ (x2)
Country flag
The icon for the tailgate is concerning because it reads that you can only push the button to deploy the gate, but cannot retract it (similar to Rivian). Hope it is for both open, close, and is motorized.

Deleted member 12457

I'm still asking for someone to pry(?) open the anchor covers so we can see (and design) what kind of attachment points are available. @Old Spice(?) was close enough to also measure the distances between the anchor points, front-to-back, side-to-side, especially after removing the anchor covers. There are plenty of businesses waiting for the exact dimensions as well as potential customers.

swengl

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model Y
Country flag
If they do a good job in providing the functions within the mobile app, it will be a nice alternative for when the weather isn't conducive to using the buttons. I also wonder how well the material will hold up in the weather: mine will definitely be outside 100% of the time.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
I don't know what the vault cover is made of but I cannot believe that the rubber switch cover is gonna last as long as the stainless exterior otherwise will. Perhaps someone will sell a switch cover to protect it from the weather.
And then if they made the buttons out of S.S. people would be complaining about their burn fingertips on hot sunny days. :cool:
Sponsored