Mythrainder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Compliance
Country flag
1. The sterio/sound system must be top notch on all versions, BT, DAC, out ports, input, big amps and great speakers.

2. The insulation should be better then an F150.

3. All the doors should be guaranteed against rattle and hum.

4. What say you?
Sponsored

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
1. The sterio/sound system must be top notch on all versions, BT, DAC, out ports, input, big amps and great speakers.

2. The insulation should be better then an F150.

3. All the doors should be guaranteed against rattle and hum.

4. What say you?
Totally agree.

I also would add attention body panel alignment accuracy. With the CT design, sharp convergence points like the front corners of the fenders/hood/fascia, and also the rear upper corners of the tailgate/bed will tend to show any misalignment very easily. Alignment of door pillar hinges as well as door latch catch bars, will also be critical because in the CT design, door alignment also factors into clean appearance and refined body lines. The prototype has a few minor flaws in this area if one looks closely enough, but for a prototype the overall workmanship looks potentially promising. I sometimes wonder if a small chamfer (like ½") at the four sharp corners of convergence might be helpful in hiding or assisting the appearance of panel alignment variances.

But, back to your point, the sound system should be a no brainer since they already have done well in the Model 3 and others. Sound deadening and insulation, and absolutely tight build with no rattles or buzzing is a must, especially since other than tire noise, there will be no other inherent engine or other noises to keep one from immediately noticing any rattles.

kraal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5
Country flag
I have never entered or even tested a Tesla car, but I have my pre-reservation for a CT.
And I lie to have a good HIFI sound, not necessarily boomy sound.
So, what brand is behind Tesla audio equipment?
They need to control the final price of the CT, so will Tesla cut the quality of the audio equipment?
I´m not expecting Burmester, Mcintosh, B&W or Focal, but what it will be?

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
I have never entered or even tested a Tesla car, but I have my pre-reservation for a CT.
And I lie to have a good HIFI sound, not necessarily boomy sound.
So, what brand is behind Tesla audio equipment?
They need to control the final price of the CT, so will Tesla cut the quality of the audio equipment?
I´m not expecting Burmester, Mcintosh, B&W or Focal, but what it will be?
It's not the brand that makes a car audio system sound good, it's how it's engineered to work with the interior space - speaker placement, etc.

Tesla knows it doesn't make sense to try to save a few bucks on the audio system like most other manufacturers do, because they know most buyers appreciate good sound. You can bet it will sound good. You can also bet people will complain and try to make it better. In the end it's a truck and it will never sound better than a sedan which has very forgiving shapes for audio quality. Our two Model 3's sound better than our previous car, a Volvo S80 with the premium sound system designed and tuned for the S80 cabin by some fancy audio engineer. It really did have a nice presence but our Model 3's with the factory sound beats it.

That said, people on forums who identify as audiophiles will always think every OEM system is crap. Most of them want more bass than I like because I like balanced sound with a natural spectrum while some people inexplicably want it to sound like a dance studio or nightclub! I like a sound system that can be turned up well above any road noise and still not have audible distortion. I think the Cybertruck will probably have that and the frequency response will probably be tuned to work well with the cabin environment (although it might be tricky to prevent reflections from the back of the cab from interfering with a natural presence).

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The stereo in my Tesla is easily the best sound system I’ve had. Granted… I don’t spend a ton on audio upgrades, but I had pretty decent audio in my Mini and in my Jetta and the Model Y blows them both away.

kraal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5
Country flag
It's not the brand that makes a car audio system sound good, it's how it's engineered to work with the interior space - speaker placement, etc.

Tesla knows it doesn't make sense to try to save a few bucks on the audio system like most other manufacturers do, because they know most buyers appreciate good sound. You can bet it will sound good. You can also bet people will complain and try to make it better. In the end it's a truck and it will never sound better than a sedan which has very forgiving shapes for audio quality. Our two Model 3's sound better than our previous car, a Volvo S80 with the premium sound system designed and tuned for the S80 cabin by some fancy audio engineer. It really did have a nice presence but our Model 3's with the factory sound beats it.

That said, people on forums who identify as audiophiles will always think every OEM system is crap. Most of them want more bass than I like because I like balanced sound with a natural spectrum while some people inexplicably want it to sound like a dance studio or nightclub! I like a sound system that can be turned up well above any road noise and still not have audible distortion. I think the Cybertruck will probably have that and the frequency response will probably be tuned to work well with the cabin environment (although it might be tricky to prevent reflections from the back of the cab from interfering with a natural presence).
I agree that we all like the music/sound in a different way.
And I like it balanced and natural as you said. What I don´t like is a sound that as soon you go above 30 or 40% it starts to distort and the amp clipping.
It doesn't need to be a high-end system to have a good sound and some OEM are really balanced.
But what manufacturer is behind Tesla audio, in general?

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
I agree that we all like the music/sound in a different way.
And I like it balanced and natural as you said. What I don´t like is a sound that as soon you go above 30 or 40% it starts to distort and the amp clipping.
It doesn't need to be a high-end system to have a good sound and some OEM are really balanced.
But what manufacturer is behind Tesla audio, in general?
Tesla buys components based on specifications, they don't make you pay for whoever wants to be paid to have their name on it. Check out this article:

Tesla reviewer reveals a secret of the Model 3's stellar sound system (teslarati.com)

JJ_Tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just Purchased: 2021 F150 Hybrid Platinum
Country flag
Don't forget about the pedestrian warning sounds. Ideally, you would have various options when driving slow and backing up.

My F150 sounds like an airplane when moving forward and there are a lot of complaints on the ford forum. I would love to be able to change it to sound like Kitt from Night Rider :)

Zinc

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Gladiator, Tesla Cybertruck order 1 year.
Country flag
I actually joined today to find out what system the CT comes with if anyone knew yet. I just spent a couple weeks upgrading my mid grade Gladiator system and what a pita. Was hoping Tesla had great systems out of the gate. It seemed so in the series Handmaides Tale in one of the final scenes.

Klaxon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT
Country flag
The power of amps on ICE cars is limited by voltage of battery 12-14V. The best class D amps can get under 20 W from it.
I hope, the CT may have some highet voltage for its audio.

kraal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5
Country flag
The power of amps on ICE cars is limited by voltage of battery 12-14V. The best class D amps can get under 20 W from it.
I hope, the CT may have some highet voltage for its audio.
!?
Could you please explain or post a source that explains this limitation?

Klaxon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT
Country flag
!?
Could you please explain or post a source that explains this limitation?
To avoid very long explanations that is not easy to understand without knowledge in electrical field I give you a definition from Google search:
"The peak power of an amplifier is determined by the voltage rails and the maximum amount of current its electronic components can handle for an instant without damage."
The battery voltage is a factor that defines the voltage rails.
If the voltage is low the current to the speakers is low too.

kraal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5
Country flag
To avoid very long explanations that is not easy to understand without knowledge in electrical field I give you a difinition from Google search:
"The peak power of an amplifier is determined by the voltage rails and the maximum amount of current its electronic components can handle for an instant without damage."
The battery voltage is a factor that defines the voltage rails.
If the voltage is low the current to the speakers is low too.
Ok, good!!! Really?!!
So, just to keep things simple, P=VI. Your search is correct but limited. The Power directly depends on the Voltage and Current.
An audio amp is a current source, so the limitation is the current that you can get from your battery/alternator/capacitor. Also the amount of copper/silver/gold/alu (cross section/size) you have in your circuits.
Sponsored