Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ram 1500 RT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The laptop bag is the frunks main purpose for me. During the summer it's the spot for the diaper bag, emergency clothes, and food I want to keep warm like takeout.

CT frunk might fit a stroller, that'd be nice so it doesn't slide too far in the bed.

Perfect world me would like to build a mobile desk station in the frunk. Complete with like a drop down monitor that mounts to the lid and a little pop out desk. Then I could live that digital nomad life to the fullest.

But people are still holding out hope for plugs in the front. Wouldn't be a hard add depending on where the inverter parts are.

It's going to be the perfect baby changing station too.

Idk what young ppl would use it for. A cooler?

Or really old people for that matter. Golf bags?
Uh, we really old people would prefer to sit inside, thank you!
Sponsored

JWass

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Yeah, Tesla definitely needs power outlets in the frunk. Where will I plug in my electric cooler?
I want to get back into RC cars and boats. To do that having a proper electrical outlet would be huge. Recharging batteries quickly is money.

wtibbit

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes sedan, Corvette coupe, Yukon XL
Occupation
Retired Engineering Program Director
Country flag
The entire plastic surface should work. Something like this, although there are options.

https://www.command.com/3M/en_US/p/d/cbgnarus2503/
The liner is easily removable, I'm pretty sure. If it is sturdy enough, I'll drill holes in it and use them to bolt hooks to the liner; the hooks could hold a removable net across the front of the frunk or provide for a hold down net.

SentinelOne

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
See Sig
Occupation
IT
Country flag
If the stock liner doesnt offer hooks and tie down points, I will most likely add a bunch A line of grocery bag hooks along the back will be helpful.
If the liner is strong enough was thinking about putting T Track - use the same hooks, etc as the bed - use for groceries to heavier items...

I'll be putting my "keep in truck" items in the under bed storage....use the frunk for "as needed" items like my dirt bike gear bag, groceries, laptop, etc

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
I wonder how weather and dust proof the rear underbed storage is.

Definitely the place to put recovery gear and car tools, and maybe a tent and sleeping bag etc. But the frunk is more useful and easier to get to for day to day items like groceries or baggage.

For me I'll try to keep the frunk as empty as possible to put clean gear in, with all the rest in the back trunk. If travelling or shopping (for me shopping is a 800mile round trip, so a bit of both...) the frunk will probably end up getting a custom fridge, maybe even a pullout kitchen setup.

The vault would also stay mainly clear, with only a set of maxtracks attached to the inside wall for when we go offroad.

I'm planning on running some bead lockers for offroad and as a spare wheel alternative as they can be used as runflats for short distances at low speeds. I'll use a rear spare carrier if I need a full size spare or two for overlanding.

I'm also thinking of installing some removable modular storage boxes under the rear flip up seats, and hopefully a drawer under the front seats. Hopefully the center console has some cooling, otherwise that will need either need to be converted to a fridge for drinks etc on the go or I get one that sits on the floor in front. Maybe that is a Tesla accessory?

The other thing I'd make up is some sort of overhead storage in the roof apex, where the CB/HAM radios and a mini pc/router can be housed and connected to the outside radio and Starlink antennas. Will become a driving hotspot/comms relay with UAV control room. Probably will mount a portable flip up monitor there as well, and some sort of seat back table arrangment in the rear for notebooks etc, all without cluttering up the interior design to much, and easily removable.

I also wonder if they put in a large glovebox at least, or other dashboard storage. I suppose this is one of the last mysteries we have yet to discover on the inside.

Variable556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Explorer, Escape
Country flag
I wonder how weather and dust proof the rear underbed storage is.

Definitely the place to put recovery gear and car tools, and maybe a tent and sleeping bag etc. But the frunk is more useful and easier to get to for day to day items like groceries or baggage.

For me I'll try to keep the frunk as empty as possible to put clean gear in, with all the rest in the back trunk. If travelling or shopping (for me shopping is a 800mile round trip, so a bit of both...) the frunk will probably end up getting a custom fridge, maybe even a pullout kitchen setup.

The vault would also stay mainly clear, with only a set of maxtracks attached to the inside wall for when we go offroad.

I'm planning on running some bead lockers for offroad and as a spare wheel alternative as they can be used as runflats for short distances at low speeds. I'll use a rear spare carrier if I need a full size spare or two for overlanding.

I'm also thinking of installing some removable modular storage boxes under the rear flip up seats, and hopefully a drawer under the front seats. Hopefully the center console has some cooling, otherwise that will need either need to be converted to a fridge for drinks etc on the go or I get one that sits on the floor in front. Maybe that is a Tesla accessory?

The other thing I'd make up is some sort of overhead storage in the roof apex, where the CB/HAM radios and a mini pc/router can be housed and connected to the outside radio and Starlink antennas. Will become a driving hotspot/comms relay with UAV control room. Probably will mount a portable flip up monitor there as well, and some sort of seat back table arrangment in the rear for notebooks etc, all without cluttering up the interior design to much, and easily removable.

I also wonder if they put in a large glovebox at least, or other dashboard storage. I suppose this is one of the last mysteries we have yet to discover on the inside.
Your newsletter: = SUBSCRIBE!

Variable556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Explorer, Escape
Country flag
What kind of dumb concerns are those? You are worried about the frunk lid rattling while driving? What do you take Tesla for, a bunch of clowns? Weird idea that there will be a problem with the frunk lid vibrating. This isn't Tesla's first rodeo.

And you are worried that the charge port is too far away from Superchargers and willl need an extension? What kind of hair-brained fear is that? Just unbelievable to hear anyone say that in a serious manner. These are basic design considerations that Tesla is well aware they must get right. I mean no car is perfect, but worrying about these things would be like worrying that the roof won't be waterproof, that water will leak into the cabin. Because Tesla forgot to check for waterproofness.

All I can think is that no one is this dumb, and you must be a web bot. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but you have provided not a shred of evidence that these are real concerns.
Sometimes, some of us identify as “Inebriated Americans”, and in that time frame we flat out regurgitate random concerns. They can be both well reasoned, and sometimes… odd. Either way, it can (more often than not— with introspection) lead to illuminating discussions/revelations….

(I hit the OP’s post in a productive frame, and was left to ponder. The ensuing thread became… productive.😆

Variable556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Explorer, Escape
Country flag
I’m still bemoaning the potential fate of the sail pillars, and I’m waiting to verify they’re truly gone.😔

If so- I’ll be rejuggling the entire potential loadout to see where everything logically lands. I’ll be following closely to see what other folks come up with!

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
I’m still bemoaning the potential fate of the sail pillars, and I’m waiting to verify they’re truly gone.😔

If so- I’ll be rejuggling the entire potential loadout to see where everything logically lands. I’ll be following closely to see what other folks come up with!
Frunkly speaking, the 'Sail Pillars' are 'Gone With The Wind'
All the other 'cubby holes' like in the floor of the vault should be fairly good options. The favourite so far is up in the nose!