Eryk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yamaha SRV-250, Honda Odyssey RB1
Occupation
Film Maker
Country flag
Don't smoke, don't drink, not even coffee, but I do like the smell of a good coffee.
I loathe coffee, but I have a circadian rhythm disorder so it's an essential medication sometimes. But on the plus side I don't care about the quality because it all tastes like sewage to me.
Sponsored

flowerlandfilms

First Name
Eryk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yamaha SRV-250, Honda Odyssey RB1
Occupation
Film Maker
Country flag
3M command strip hooks come in some pretty robust sizes. I've had one on a wall in my house hat for eight years has faithfully supported my heavy armored motorcycle jacket.
I love those things.
They are my default for everything i need to attach to a vertical surface.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
I loathe coffee, but I have a circadian rhythm disorder so it's an essential medication sometimes. But on the plus side I don't care about the quality because it all tastes like sewage to me.
Yeah I can't really say I have the same problem, even though I am a night owl, I also only typically get 6 hours of sleep.

But if I'm struggling in the morning I take a quick shower, and that gets my circulation going. Not a cold one though, I still hate those.:eek:

But I have tried various times to drink coffee, and it just ends up with a dry heave if I do, even if I drink some by mistake. It's weird. I can still remember the first time my older brother made me a Ice-coffee when I was a kid, after which I was crook for a day or two. Maybe that triggered some self preservation thing, or I'm actually allergic. I drink teas by the gallon though...

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
I wonder how weather and dust proof the rear underbed storage is.

Definitely the place to put recovery gear and car tools, and maybe a tent and sleeping bag etc. But the frunk is more useful and easier to get to for day to day items like groceries or baggage.

For me I'll try to keep the frunk as empty as possible to put clean gear in, with all the rest in the back trunk. If travelling or shopping (for me shopping is a 800mile round trip, so a bit of both...) the frunk will probably end up getting a custom fridge, maybe even a pullout kitchen setup.

The vault would also stay mainly clear, with only a set of maxtracks attached to the inside wall for when we go offroad.

I'm planning on running some bead lockers for offroad and as a spare wheel alternative as they can be used as runflats for short distances at low speeds. I'll use a rear spare carrier if I need a full size spare or two for overlanding.

I'm also thinking of installing some removable modular storage boxes under the rear flip up seats, and hopefully a drawer under the front seats. Hopefully the center console has some cooling, otherwise that will need either need to be converted to a fridge for drinks etc on the go or I get one that sits on the floor in front. Maybe that is a Tesla accessory?

The other thing I'd make up is some sort of overhead storage in the roof apex, where the CB/HAM radios and a mini pc/router can be housed and connected to the outside radio and Starlink antennas. Will become a driving hotspot/comms relay with UAV control room. Probably will mount a portable flip up monitor there as well, and some sort of seat back table arrangment in the rear for notebooks etc, all without cluttering up the interior design to much, and easily removable.

I also wonder if they put in a large glovebox at least, or other dashboard storage. I suppose this is one of the last mysteries we have yet to discover on the inside.
You need to forward this to the Tesla CT accessory development team.

Variable556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Explorer, Escape
Country flag
Frunkly speaking, the 'Sail Pillars' are 'Gone With The Wind'
All the other 'cubby holes' like in the floor of the vault should be fairly good options. The favourite so far is up in the nose!
The sail pillars were screaming “Out of view carbine storage”. I know I could keep some in the frunk, but I’ll probably be dropping groceries there.

Unless I’m in uniform or a marked unit, some folks probably get the vapors when you pop open a hatch with long guns mounted in it.lol

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
You need to forward this to the Tesla CT accessory development team.
Do you mean JBees Cybertruck accessory team? :p ;)

I have a whole folder of ideas and designs.... 😁

SlegMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus
Occupation
Physical therapy
Country flag
The sail pillars were screaming “Out of view carbine storage”. I know I could keep some in the frunk, but I’ll probably be dropping groceries there.

Unless I’m in uniform or a marked unit, some folks probably get the vapors when you pop open a hatch with long guns mounted in it.lol
I want to mount under the hood, would be a statement with auto open, but liked the sail pillar idea more.

Bill837

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Z4, 2015 Cherokee Trailhawk, 2008 R1200RT
Occupation
Aviation Weapons/Systems
Country flag

Why not a mount attached to the underside of the frunk lid? Seems those reinforcement channels would be a great place to weld a few anchor nuts that would allow you to screw any variety of overhead mount systems to them. Depending on free real estate, might not be too visible, but of course, more hidden means more time to access. Bending and reaching up in would cost time, while a lower, but more visible spot would be a simple straight arm reach.

Tiberius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Chief cook and bottlewasher
Country flag
So far I’ve seen two CTs at superchargers, neither of them had any issues with charging. The amount of slack of the supercharger cable was just like all the other Teslas in other stalls. Probably keep a 14-50 extension in the sub trunk under the bed and keep the frunk for groceries.

dsieberkrob

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'02 Avalanche, '15 F150 eco, '22 Maverick Hybrid
Occupation
Computer Consultant
Country flag
I’m still bemoaning the potential fate of the sail pillars, and I’m waiting to verify they’re truly gone.😔

If so- I’ll be rejuggling the entire potential loadout to see where everything logically lands. I’ll be following closely to see what other folks come up with!

Agreed, I have an '02 Avalanche with 250k miles, that I bought new. I have always loved the lockable fender boxes for tools, jumper cables, recovery ropes, tarps, gloves, etc.

I have thought that sail storage access from inside the bed would be nice as well.

And of course, I love my mid-gate... nothing like hauling 4x8 drywall or plywood fully enclosed, when it's raining or snowing out. And carrying 16' fence boards, since it is a 10' surface with the tailgate down, and tie hooks in all 4 corners of the bed.

Variable556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Explorer, Escape
Country flag
Why not a mount attached to the underside of the frunk lid? Seems those reinforcement channels would be a great place to weld a few anchor nuts that would allow you to screw any variety of overhead mount systems to them. Depending on free real estate, might not be too visible, but of course, more hidden means more time to access. Bending and reaching up in would cost time, while a lower, but more visible spot would be a simple straight arm reach.
That might end up being a workable option.

I’m just salty over losing the sail pillars because they were ideally located in my opinion. Step out, grab carbine from light cover (vehicle body and/or door). Whereas frunk makes you go around to the nose of the vehicle.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
I’m just salty over losing the sail pillars because they were ideally located in my opinion.

Step out, grab carbine from light cover (vehicle body and/or door). Whereas frunk makes you go around to the nose of the vehicle.
Wow, I hope you are not thinking about acting up like so many misguided self-proclaimed "warriors".

Balthezor

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover, 2020 Model Y
Country flag
Popeyes fried chicken. That's where I put it now when I drive the Y.

Variable556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Explorer, Escape
Country flag
Wow, I hope you are not thinking about acting up like so many misguided self-proclaimed "warriors".
Fed LE. I get paid to be prepared for others that act up. That includes maintaining my issued equipment, plus authorized additional equipment. Large outfit without personal take-homes.

When called in I show up with “what I brought”.lol

That having been said— I’m highly pro-2A and have absolutely zero issue with others pursuit of their rights.

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
I’ll either sleep in there, or use it to store bodies. Perfect size for either.
When I read a story about escalating violence in the Little People community, I know who my #1 suspect will be…
Sponsored