Julien

First Name
Julien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Palisade, Honda Accord, Reserved Dual Motor Cybertruck
Country flag
Does anybody have any info on the CT's ride heights? I know that it can go up to 16 inches but I would like to know how low it can go because it can fit in my garage easily as long as it can go down to about 75 inches or less.
Sponsored

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
My notes:
  • 231.7" L x 82" W x 75" H x 149.9" WB
  • Approach: 35°, Breakover: 24.1°, Departure: 28°
  • Ground Clearance: 16" (at full suspension)
I have seen 8" claimed for the change from lowest to highest, with average being in the middle.
If 75" height is with the suspension in the middle, I would guess that you could drop it down to 71" at the bottom. In an extreme case I think you could get another inch or two if you let out some air in the tires (since it has onboard air to re-inflate).

And do not forget, it is only the peak that is that tall, so most of the truck is under that... not that it makes it easier to get through a garage door...

FullyGrounded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
blah
Country flag
Don't forget, you can air-down too... giving another 3-4" of clearance. Or should I say, you can program the CT to air-down for you as you approach your garage; then air-up as you leave. peace

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
My notes:
  • 231.7" L x 82" W x 75" H x 149.9" WB
  • Approach: 35°, Breakover: 24.1°, Departure: 28°
  • Ground Clearance: 16" (at full suspension)
I have seen 8" claimed for the change from lowest to highest, with average being in the middle.
If 75" height is with the suspension in the middle, I would guess that you could drop it down to 71" at the bottom. In an extreme case I think you could get another inch or two if you let out some air in the tires (since it has onboard air to re-inflate).

And do not forget, it is only the peak that is that tall, so most of the truck is under that... not that it makes it easier to get through a garage door...
Elon has said that the minimum height is 75”, and the minimum clearance is 8”. To me that means with maximum clearance of 16” the height will be 83”.

CyberDingo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck dual engine
Occupation
Farmer
Country flag
Crissa..
I went back to the shopping Mall
, where the Tesla charges are in the underground car park. They have been changed in the last week from Imperial measurements to metric.
One is 1.900 m, and the other is 2.000 m.
I will certianly be watching for the finalized heights for my CTd.

CyberDingo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck dual engine
Occupation
Farmer
Country flag
I figure I will charge from a 240AC wall socket (std in Oz, prob. have to get the circuit up graded from 10A. I do have two (2) phases coming into my property.). But would be good to be able to leave it charging while I shop.

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
I figure I will charge from a 240AC wall socket (std in Oz, prob. have to get the circuit up graded from 10A. I do have two (2) phases coming into my property.). But would be good to be able to leave it charging while I shop.
I gather that Tesla chargers will take whatever they get, so you could try using what you have, and upgrade only you decide the extra cost is worth it to get the faster charging.

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
Does anybody have any info on the CT's ride heights? I know that it can go up to 16 inches but I would like to know how low it can go because it can fit in my garage easily as long as it can go down to about 75 inches or less.
Unless your driveway is perfectly level, you might be able to drive a Cybertruck that is taller than your garage opening in/out without a problem. If your driveway slopes away slightly from a level garage (and most do so rain water can't run under the garage door) then the rear wheels will be downhill when the apex of the roofline passes under your garage door opening.

Alternatively, you might be able to frame in a slightly higher garage door.

CyberDingo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck dual engine
Occupation
Farmer
Country flag
Yep, good thought...BUT at the underground entrance it is a concave "V" under the over-head barrier! Must have been designed by and engineer!!:)

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
In most jurisdictions building-code specifications include garage-entrance clearance. I doubt any mass-market vehicle would be offered that did not respect these standards.

CyberDingo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck dual engine
Occupation
Farmer
Country flag
Well our crap government doesn't like EV's. The Federal government tax them as luxury cars and some of the states are going to bring in a tax for having an EV.
They don't seem to understand the benefits to the country, health, safety, environment and not having to import fossil fuel. I'm sure you guess I didn't vote for them!:(
Sponsored