Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Nissan Frontier, 2013 Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Musician/Yogi
Country flag
is that a regular cooler or electric, I wonder
That's my thought too. We overland / camp a bunch and having an electric cooler in an electric truck makes total sense
Sponsored

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Well, there is no native plug in the CT frunk (except for the buried 48v wiring) so I'd lean toward it being a regular cooler. Meaning the 48v wiring is not DIY for many people. Perhaps it comes the $$$ price it comes with a service center install like the R.E./Range Extender :LOL:
You certainly do have a negative view of the Service Centers.
If it is powered, it would require the Service Center installation of a plug in the front, I'd expect a $100-200 charge for that.

But it probably won't be powered because cooling requires ventilation, something not really existing in the frunk, unless they replace the entire tub.

But coolers that big are often just party coolers with a lot of ice.

MeadowShade

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
Occupation
Business Owner / retired
Country flag
thst must be the $500 inflator kit

whos the first sheep thats gonna buy that and the $2,000 cooler?
I would be shocked if it is that cheap. $1,200 for a spare? $3,000 for a tent? $20,000 for $8,000 FSD and some chotskys ... oh wait ... I guess the wheel covers are $300 each ... but wait again, we don't get those until the future. Maybe some black baby moons would work!

cgladue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model S 75D, 2018 Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
I would be shocked if it is that cheap. $1,200 for a spare? $3,000 for a tent? $20,000 for $8,000 FSD and some chotskys ... oh wait ... I guess the wheel covers are $300 each ... but wait again, we don't get those until the future. Maybe some black baby moons would work!
well, at the time FSD was 12k, you would think FS would be 16k now but lolz

CyberJay

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD (two), Model Y
Occupation
Oncology Biotech Exec | GOD BLESS THE USA
Country flag
I will PPF the Sh*t out of that cooler 😂
GREAT Idea... I might wrap it in matching colors.

Ocean Blue Metallic satin wrap anyone?

gaswalla

First Name
Gas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S-P100D, X-P100D, 3, CT
Country flag
for 20k and FSD only worth 8k, stuff like this would take the sting out of buying FS

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I agree it looks cool, but I don't know if I would want one that big. I guess for parties it would be good, but for me for camping I'm not sure if it would be beneficial or not.
I would definitely want it that large but I would like to know if it will be powered, or if there will be a version that is powered, and how that power would be provided in the frunk. I think it is a nice idea.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
thst must be the $500 inflator kit

whos the first sheep thats gonna buy that and the $2,000 cooler?
The pump I have now is fine, but I wonder what the pump specs would be that would set it apart from super cheap counterparts.

Even the most expensive coolers are way less expensive than that. You are surely joking and should say so.

cardad

First Name
Kelvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, R1T, Bronco Raptor
Country flag
That's my thought too. We overland / camp a bunch and having an electric cooler in an electric truck makes total sense
When the question was asked I was so confused because I couldn’t even fathom having an “analog” cooler. The whole point of having an EV truck is to run your fridge 24/7 not carry around a bunch of melting ice.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
for 20k and FSD only worth 8k, stuff like this would take the sting out of buying FS
Yes, but I would get used to the sting if I were you, me, anyone. I do not even hear of people getting swag when they get their CTs and that is a lot less than a cooler.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
You certainly do have a negative view of the Service Centers.
If it is powered, it would require the Service Center installation of a plug in the front, I'd expect a $100-200 charge for that.

But it probably won't be powered because cooling requires ventilation, something not really existing in the frunk, unless they replace the entire tub.

But coolers that big are often just party coolers with a lot of ice.
Maybe a powered one for the lockable storage since there are definitely outlets back there.

I happen to agree with whoever posted saying that it really doesn't make sense for a BEV to have to use ice in a cooler...but I am not going to get my hopes up on that.

araxara

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT, Model X, Lucid Air (DE-R)
Country flag
I can’t tell the difference between this one and the original one. Can you?
Sorry, you're right. I somehow remembered that the protrusions were larger on the original ones, but looking at some old photos, they look the same.

cgladue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model S 75D, 2018 Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
The pump I have now is fine, but I wonder what the pump specs would be that would set it apart from super cheap counterparts.

Even the most expensive coolers are way less expensive than that. You are surely joking and should say so.
From ChatGPT:
As of my last update, there hasn't been any information about Tesla releasing a cooler styled after the Cybertruck. However, if we were to speculate based on Tesla's pricing strategy for its other products, we could make a rough estimate.

The Cybertruck-themed cooler would likely be positioned as a premium product, similar to the Cybertruck itself and other Tesla merchandise. Given that the Cybertruck tent costs $3000, we can expect the cooler to also be on the higher end of the price spectrum.

Considering that high-quality coolers can range from $200 to $1000 or more, and factoring in the novelty and branding associated with Tesla and the Cybertruck, it wouldn't be surprising if the Cybertruck cooler were priced somewhere in the range of $500 to $1500 or even more, depending on its features and materials. However, without specific information about the product, this remains purely speculative.
when the price is announced, I will ROFLMAO so hard if it's even close, and will expect an apology :p
Sponsored