Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Yeah, 150,000. Oh, but they already have those reservations. I bet if you already have a cybertruck reservation AND put in a F150 reservation today, the cybertruck would be first to be fulfilled.
Given the million plus backlog, the only way I see this happening is if Tesla can scale up over 400k Cybertrucks a year.

I suspect one way or the other Ford is going to be producing 60k–100k per year within 3 years and Tesla will be producing around 250k+ trucks within 2 years. Tesla should be cranking a lot more trucks, but they have the much bigger backlog. They might be able to produce 500k trucks a year, but that would be pretty huge.

I do think the Cybertruck line will eventually be capable of those kind of numbers, but getting there within 2 years would be pretty aggressive (And it might be split between Cybertruck and some other product at that point).
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
At some point after Tesla starts production the number of new orders will stabilize and they can determine long term production goals. If they ramp up to half a million a year and demand drops to 100k/ year after they work through the backlog they will have a lot of idle capacity.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Well, they'll always have a market for the batteries. So the excess production can just be repurposed.

By owning the battery production they guarantee their ultimate sales.

-Crissa
Indeed, any capacity not used by vehicles can be used for stationary applications.

Though it seems like 100% of 4680 cells are going to be booked for years out. Model Y, Cybertruck, Semi, Roadster, then once they have enough capacity to produce those models, they will almost certainly convert their existing vehicles to use 4680s as well.

egandalf

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
As a reservation holder in the 124k range, I fully support any reservation holders in the 1-123k range declining delivery because of this.

You should be furious! Grrr! I'm furious on your behalf!

*whistle*

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
As a reservation holder in the 124k range, I fully support any reservation holders in the 1-123k range declining delivery because of this.

You should be furious! Grrr! I'm furious on your behalf!

*whistle*
You should consider declining too. ?

Efreniere

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y
Occupation
Physicist/Engineer/Entrepreneur
Country flag
This sucks. Wonder how many people will jump to F 150 Lightning due to the wait. I'm sure several.
I'm eyeing the Jeep Wrangler BEV which is supposedly coming. Before getting my Model 3 I was a die-hard Jeep nut. If it's available before the CT I may jump to that.

richardlpaul

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Elon says Cybertruck and Semi will be in production end of 2022 and volume production in 2023
While I’m disappointed, I’ll be patient. I would like my CT by late 2023 or mid 2024. But I’m high on the list. Crossing my fingers that they REALLY ramp up production fast!

CEB12

First Name
Clyde
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 Thunderbird, 2006 F250 King Ranch 2011 Fusion
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I just don't know how long a man of 80 years can wait. Think I am gonna have to go ICE until my CT comes. I hope all of these extensions bring forth an even better CT at the same price. Patients I have hope I have life to go with it.

rjtumble

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Avalanche, Subaru Forrester, Ford Focus, 1932 Deuce Coupe
Occupation
Computer Support
Country flag
Elon says Cybertruck and Semi will be in production end of 2022 and volume production in 2023
On the plus side, I should have my cybertruck account fully funded by then. Until then, it's making pretty good interest.

YeahYeahYeah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tundra(sold),02 Subaru Outback,1967 Fastback
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
No worries, I'm selling my 2017 Toyota Tundra Crewmax to get my money out of it, then going with a 2002 Subaru Outback for $4k. It's going to be a sweet upgrade when the Cybertruck hits. I hope to know someone with a F150 Lightning, so I can challenge him to the bulletproof to a 9mm test 3 rds into his door, vs 3 rds into my Cybertrk door then laugh at the 3 holes in his door and drive off Ahahahaha o_O:ROFLMAO:???
Sponsored