Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Baptism by fire?
Elon would agree I think ?

I think the Cybertrucks design is a direct result of frustrations of the Model 3 launch.
No doubt. Also I see production at Giga Austin(or Texas) going somewhat smoother ;)
Sponsored

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
I'm eyeing the Jeep Wrangler BEV which is supposedly coming. Before getting my Model 3 I was a die-hard Jeep nut. If it's available before the CT I may jump to that.
the jeep BEV has been coming for years. I had a lifted 4 door Wrangler and really enjoyed it - but the CT is my next ride.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
I rode in a Ford Lightning last week at a Ford Ride event. Lower performance? The acceleration was crazy fast. You do not need to go faster than 4 seconds 0-60 in a full size pickup. Combing over the Lightnings they had there for us to check out Ford they did a nice job designing that truck. Great frunk, tons of electric outlets, a really nice, usable truck bed. They will sell everyone they make...especially to buyers that want a full sized pickup that looks like a "normal" pickup.
lower performance as in lesser software, no charging infrastructure, Yes it has inferior specs too. but hey if you want that traditional brick look, do what floats your boat.

Hunter71294

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500
Occupation
Construction Equipment Rental
Country flag
I'm not surprised, but I was hoping it would come sooner. Hopefully full on production will happen quickly. I can't wait to have a truck that can go 0-60 in 3 secs, tow 14k, and drive itself. Those are insane stats and I doubt anyone else will be competitive for a few years at the least.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
Rivians, Rivians, hmm … nope no Rivians, Bezos wants his vans first. How’s that again? Lucid, nope no Lucids, I heard Mrs Rawlinson called him inside when the street lights came on. ? Face it, we’re all in this together.
I can tell you.. Lucid is coming. Hard and fast. The showroom and service center build out timelines are extremely aggressive.

Not saying they will out do Tesla by any means, but its exciting.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I can tell you.. Lucid is coming. Hard and fast. The showroom and service center build out timelines are extremely aggressive.

Not saying they will out do Tesla by any means, but its exciting.
Lucid and Rivian both have to figure out volume production. They both have to secure large quantities of batteries. They both have to figure out profiting on cars under $80k…

Going from a couple dozen cars built to tens of thousands is a huge effort.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
Lucid and Rivian both have to figure out volume production. They both have to secure large quantities of batteries. They both have to figure out profiting on cars under $80k…

Going from a couple dozen cars built to tens of thousands is a huge effort.
Lucid seems to have pretty achievable goals as far as production. Rivian is interesting in that, as mentioned above, they are already producing vehicles for Amazon.

I really want both of these companies to succeed. OEMs clearly need to be more shaken than Just having Tesla on the map.... when are NIO and Xpeng arriving? haha.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Then if you register an account with Tesla, you should be able to get it linked. See my other post above for instructions.

-Crissa

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Crissa. Tesla needs to pay you for all the customer service you’ve been providing for them.
That's how Tesla gets its customers to do some of the evangelizing ^-^

Besides, the best word of mouth is the mouth that's right there.

-Crissa
Sponsored