Cybertruck Appearance @ Annual Shareholder Meeting in Texas

Alpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Keep in mind, it’s not just about informing customers here, Tesla’s competitors are paying attention to this call as well.

I would love an answer to that question… I’m just cynical.
You will get some sort of answer from how they react
Sponsored

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
You will get some sort of answer from how they react
Non-answers are like a Rorschach test. People see what they want or what they fear most.

Honestly think it’s weirder with Elon because a lot of people mis-understand him even when he is fairly direct.

For example: “We’re the only ones who can make an affordable electric truck” (A paraphrase of a recent conference call)

Half the audience reads that to mean they are doubling Cybertruck prices, the other half reads it to mean they are keeping them the same.

Alpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Non-answers are like a Rorschach test. People see what they want or what they fear most.

Honestly think it’s weirder with Elon because a lot of people mis-understand him even when he is fairly direct.

For example: “We’re the only ones who can make an affordable electric truck” (A paraphrase of a recent conference call)

Half the audience reads that to mean they are doubling Cybertruck prices, the other half reads it to mean they are keeping them the same.
If they don't answer with a flat no to a price hike, a price hike is still on the table.

tmeyer3

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Wrangler, Tractors
Occupation
Computer Scientist
Country flag
Agree, although he basically said just that in June. That was just a podcast however, but it sounds like... This is it.

If you mean "this is it" intro, not happening. Not there. November event, money on it. Let inflation start to chill, as he insinuated it is, and then they can more comfortably cast the pricing to us all. Or, say it didn't change and literally everyone is suddenly a huge Tezla fan.
Sadly, I doubt this is possible since the single motor version has reportedly been removed from the plan. Good thing I'm after the quad motor now 😃

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
Hopefully Sandy gets one nice an early, then we can all enjoy the experience.
I”m not sure how enjoyable it will be. Sandy is very thorough and critical. They say it’s best not to know how the sausage is made. If I was an owner of one of the early Model 3’s, I would not want to have seen Sandy’s tear down on it.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
See @ 7:40, that's the covered carrier that moves the truck(s) around. I'd be betting high odds the truck is on site for Wednesday!

Stay tuned for sightings for the meeting. I am sure there will be something within the next 24 hrs. Meeting is Wednesday FYI!

Screen Shot 2022-08-01 at 2.05.29 PM.jpg
I tried the lottery with the assumption that the CT will be there but I didn’t win :-(

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Been saying November since April ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

still sharing that it appears they’re rolling in the covered trucks. I’m sure he’s the CT will be there. How “available” it’ll be though….
I am certain it will be there and I just want to see ‘any’ version of the CT up close. But not this time.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
At least release a CT fridge magnet !

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Fair enough. Yet a lot of people were expecting more. I recall an overwhelming sense of disappointment after it.
And there always will be disappointment until we have CTs in our driveways, but @Crissa is right that we do get little snippets of information here and there - just not enough for our long wait.

flowerlandfilms

First Name
Eryk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yamaha SRV-250, Honda Odyssey RB1
Occupation
Film Maker
Country flag
Question: when we will be able to finalize incubator CT configuration?

On his latest podcast episode (Clear and Vivid) Alan Alda was talking about he he used to play an improv game in a hotel where Kennedy would do his press conferences, later the same night they would put on a show for the journalists where he would play the president answering their same questions, which probably influenced this bit.

And now back to your regularly scheduled discussion.
Sponsored