Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
If they don't answer with a flat no to a price hike, a price hike is still on the table.
It clearly states in all of their purchase agreements that prices can change. You do not need for them to say nothing to know that. The question has ‘never’ been whether they can but, rather, whether they ‘will’.
Sponsored

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag

WA-CyberDriver

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck - Dual Motor
Country flag
Agree, although he basically said just that in June. That was just a podcast however, but it sounds like... This is it.

If you mean "this is it" intro, not happening. Not there. November event, money on it. Let inflation start to chill, as he insinuated it is, and then they can more comfortably cast the pricing to us all. Or, say it didn't change and literally everyone is suddenly a huge Tezla fan.
"Saying" it is different than "showing" it... which is why just a "sighting" of the same vehicles we've already seen wouldn't be very exciting.

You may be quite right about November. That feels like a good time-frame.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Big problem with November is it doesn’t fit into Musk/ Tesla’s current launch narrative of middle of next year.

A “Launch Party!” Six+ months in advance doesn’t make a ton of sense.

I don’t think we’ll see this until production is very close. Likely after we see some units that were produced on the new line. That means 4680 production and gigapress stamping out front and rear ends.

If that happens in November it would suggest they will beat their latest “Mid Year” date for production start. Possible, but less likely every day.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Big problem with November is it doesn’t fit into Musk/ Tesla’s current launch narrative of middle of next year.

A “Launch Party!” Six+ months in advance doesn’t make a ton of sense.

I don’t think we’ll see this until production is very close. Likely after we see some units that were produced on the new line. That means 4680 production and gigapress stamping out front and rear ends.

If that happens in November it would suggest they will beat their latest “Mid Year” date for production start. Possible, but less likely every day.
They did have the finished Model S Plaid show up at some race courses before the launch event, as they opened the configurator. Not any touchy-touchy, but they did do photo ops. Leno got access the month before launch before, as an example.

Six months is probably pushing it.

-Crissa

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
I’ve considered that, and I believe it’s to get people prepared and also secure their reservations. I know we allllll believe they aren’t hurting at all, and I agree - but I’ll never stop considering tomorrow as a business owner myself.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I’ve considered that, and I believe it’s to get people prepared and also secure their reservations. I know we allllll believe they aren’t hurting at all, and I agree - but I’ll never stop considering tomorrow as a business owner myself.
I can see this also.

The big thing in my eyes is I don’t see Tesla making any moves at this point until they have things locked down in terms of production start, pricing, features, everything. Not necessarily complete and tested, but the big pieces like the GP and 4680 production will likely be in place and the line at least sketched out.

If they unveil, then another delay happens, it’s a huge mess.

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
I'm not expecting anything tomorrow regarding the CT news.
I'm just glad NFL preseason kicks off tomorrow; college football starts in about 3 weeks, fantasy football draft is in 25 days, NFL regular season starts ~5 weeks, and most importantly to keep my mind off the CT, hunting season starts in 30 days here for me. Then baseball playoffs, the holidays, my active duty retirement, figuring out how to make a living post AD retirement, and ski season... I'll stay occupied until the Superbowl. But damn if we don't have some solid CT ground to stand on by Feb I'll be disappointed.

ED_SFO

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
I think main piece of the puzzle is when the giga press is delivered then installed. If idra keeps the press another 2 months to show off then ships it by end of the year... hopefully installed by Feb 2023...we will see CT test bodies by end of Q1 thru end of Q2. Hopefully! Don't think it's possible to be any sooner than this.

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
My buddy joked again, no Cybertruck buzz on site. He said "this isn't a petting zoo event".

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
Sorry if it is my problem.
But if it is yours than sorry again
There's gotta be some kind of language barrier here..

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
And answer is an answer to me though dude. I’m sure it’ll be danced around but if we get anything at all I’ll be happy

“we will touch base on the cybertruck in __month__” would be enough for me. And that’s what I’m guessing they’ll do.
A month of Elon time could be forever our time :-(

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
My buddy joked again, no Cybertruck buzz on site. He said "this isn't a petting zoo event".
Ah but it is. At Cyber Rodro they even had a petting zoo. Who would do that?
Sponsored