Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
we are all excited....but every time they bring the truck around, its always either the first gen or something similar.....so, it does not excite me anymore......I just hate to hear all talk about new design and changes and then see the first truck over and over
Don’t hold your breath.

Seems unlikely we’ll see anything new at this point until we actually get the GP and the rest of the production line rolling out a few test trucks.

I think the GP is still in Europe so at least October at this point. More likely sometime next year before we see the first products and the final truck getting birthed from the mothership.
Sponsored

ED_SFO

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
Why is 'different' always mean 'more'?

That's not what those words mean.

-Crissa
If it was same pricing he wouldve said so...amazingly if he said oh it's less he would said so because it would make everyone happy and more buzz. Instead he said different...meaning it has to be more. If different is not less or the same there's is only one conclusion right? More!

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
we are all excited....but every time they bring the truck around, its always either the first gen or something similar.....so, it does not excite me anymore......I just hate to hear all talk about new design and changes and then see the first truck over and over
Are you saying there are still sightings of Cybertruck with door handles? I guess it would make sense they wouldn't destroy their development platform before production starts. I'm not sure what your complaint is. The fact is, the actual look of the truck has barely changed from the reveal three years ago.

No-mo-ice

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor
Occupation
Aerospace Engineering
Country flag
Been saying November since April ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

still sharing that it appears they’re rolling in the covered trucks. I’m sure he’s the CT will be there. How “available” it’ll be though….

It took 1 year and 45 days to complete the Empire State Building, and it was the first of its kind.

I would truly appreciate it if they would take the CT and show it towing, off roading, and other real world driving. Rivian did an exceptional job showing off its capabilities even before the rolled them out. It would be reassuring if Tesla would do the same thing with the CT. Right now, all I know of it’s capabilities is on paper or hearsay, and if they want to justify costing more, or delaying more, they should show us why, I think it’s fair.

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
Are you saying there are still sightings of Cybertruck with door handles? I guess it would make sense they wouldn't destroy their development platform before production starts. I'm not sure what your complaint is. The fact is, the actual look of the truck has barely changed from the reveal three years ago.
Dude, they literally only had the OG prototype at annual shareholders... And they had it at a show in June.

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
That doesn't help them when they're on the route between Austin and Fremont.

-Crissa
No. 1 freight route is LA to PHX actually. It's absolutely helpful and you assume they need more charging. I AGREE.. But, they could have some nutty battery on that prototype. Probably tow'd however.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
No. 1 freight route is LA to PHX actually. It's absolutely helpful and you assume they need more charging. I AGREE.. But, they could have some nutty battery on that prototype. Probably tow'd however.
Tesla doesn't have a facility in Phoenix. So why would the truck go there except to pass through?

It's getting to and from Austin and Reno somehow.

-Crissa

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Crissa has a very valid question. Tesla has a Semi that they have said they were going to produce for 5 years. They need to have some way to charge that product to customers or who would want to buy it? That painted semi has made 2 trips now between California and Austin Texas. I'm sure Crissa is not the only person interested in Tesla having infrustructure along that route, and others routes also.
I have heard rumors that Tesla set up some Semi truck supercharger for Frito Lay.

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
Tesla doesn't have a facility in Phoenix. So why would the truck go there except to pass through?

It's getting to and from Austin and Reno somehow.

-Crissa
It's not all about Tesla. But, they do in fact have facilities in PHX.

-Gregger.(just in case
I have heard rumors that Tesla set up some Semi truck supercharger for Frito Lay.
Frito TOO has a gigantic facility in PHX(3 of them, one HUGE one down in Casa Grande too), once again... strongest truck route in the world. I-10 between LA/ PHX. I wouldn't be surprised if there is not already a charger/ will be in the next few months.

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
Elon almost appears bothered by the question. Either the volume of questions(he just answered similarly 2 weeks ago on earnings) or it's that the update is coming soon as we all speculate / hope.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
It took 1 year and 45 days to complete the Empire State Building, and it was the first of its kind.

I would truly appreciate it if they would take the CT and show it towing, off roading, and other real world driving. Rivian did an exceptional job showing off its capabilities even before the rolled them out. It would be reassuring if Tesla would do the same thing with the CT. Right now, all I know of it’s capabilities is on paper or hearsay, and if they want to justify costing more, or delaying more, they should show us why, I think it’s fair.
Rivian did this 6 months prior to launch. We have a wait ahead before that (Most likely).

Rivian needed the media coverage to drive up numbers so they could have their big IPO. Tesla does not need media coverage or a big IPO launch.

Tesla will have plenty of early buyers more than willing to do a dog-and-pony show for them for free.

SparkChaser

First Name
Leigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck Ticket Holder, Ford Ranger, Mini Coup
Occupation
Airline Inspector
Country flag
Hopefully quickly approaching the 6 month to launch window 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🖖

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
Would be nice.
You think we’re gonna get an event? I believe you agree..

I hope we see something before Christmas as far as pricing as specs

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
You think we’re gonna get an event? I believe you agree..

I hope we see something before Christmas as far as pricing as specs
I think we’ll get an event.

I expect it’ll happen when they have a very good idea of when deliveries start. Perhaps 2-3 months before deliveries start. Before year end would be hugely bullish. I’m starting to get skeptical it will happen. Need to see that Gigapress doing it’s thing. They need to start talking about Austin 4680 on the earnings calls.
Sponsored