g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
Have you seen some of the battery leaf blowers? Some of them don't push much more air.

-Crissa
I'm picturing some guy blowing his bed out with this bad boy..
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Body Prototype Casting spied uncovered!! 😲 1670718766160
Sponsored

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Nah. I’m not convinced. Thanks for trying though. (I think if it’s Giga Texas, this is battery area or first floor behind the wall in general entrance.)

I agreed, then I thought the perpetrator has gone to extra lengths to make it seem real. Or, It may be real after all :

Those trusses are (maybe) what we saw installed in the area between the Gigapress and Battery sections of the building. I believe that is the plastics area.

If sort of makes sense, because it is where we saw the wrapped CT's outside.

Perhaps they are preparing internal components, and the prototype which we see in the pic is exactly proportioned and manufactured by that mob we discussed previosly for the purpose of plastics fit out and tooling calibration.

There is a second one.

One is in this plastics area.

And the other probably in the 'structural' area.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Body Prototype Casting spied uncovered!! 😲 1670718805253

Raebrek

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Toyota Highlander, 2016 Subaru Outback
Country flag
Someone please tweet @elonmusk and ask. “Midgate?”
You’re killing me.

Sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Not a CYBRTRK :-(
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Body Prototype Casting spied uncovered!! 😲 6CA0645F-573B-4DED-A7F3-0AF812C8BC54

I’m not quite understanding the lack of understanding of perspective in this thread? :p

I’m no Michelangelo, but the positioning of the rear castings seem to line up perfectly with the rest of the frame. If anything, the most rearward vertical pieces are a couple of centimetres lower to allow spacing for the external bodywork.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
I've run the photo through some image sharpening software. It can introduce artifacts so be careful when disseminating it to identify it as modified.
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Body Prototype Casting spied uncovered!! 😲 1670712585483_s66qji_2_1

There are several areas that I think show that it is not a photo.
1. The arch in the frame forward of the passenger wheel well is not duplicated on the driver side. The box in that arch appears to have been smudged in.
2 . The wheel well on driver's side is not a wheel well. It has a plate at the bottom that makes it useless as a wheel well
3. This CT has a floor of grey fog in the cabin.
4. The first shop pillar on the right has an artifact interrupting it's line.
5. The sign that says powder coat is digital print. It is not native to the picture. This could be an artifact introduced by the software
6. The rear angle plates of both wheel wells are smudged at the margins. They appear to be added. They are not identical and strangely more detail is visible on the one that is on passenger side even though the driver's side is front and center.
7 the cast frames do not attache at the cab at the same height.
8 the scaffold is of center on the sled rails. The cross bar is floating above one rail
9. The sled rail on passenger side is obstructed by a plate of 1 inch steel
10. The body is off center on the scaffold.
11. The whole cast side frame is nonsense and makes very little sense. Such a large rail to transfer stress to a glass window frame. That large of a casting would not be necessary.

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
I've run the photo through some image sharpening software. It can introduce artifacts so be careful when disseminating it to identify it as modified.
1670712585483_s66qji_2_1.jpg

There are several areas that I think show that it is not a photo.
1. The arch in the frame forward of the passenger wheel well is not duplicated on the driver side. The box in that arch appears to have been smudged in.
2 . The wheel well on driver's side is not a wheel well. It has a plate at the bottom that makes it useless as a wheel well
3. This CT has a floor of grey fog in the cabin.
4. The first shop pillar on the right has an artifact interrupting it's line.
5. The sign that says powder coat is digital print. It is not native to the picture. This could be an artifact introduced by the software
6. The rear angle plates of both wheel wells are smudged at the margins. They appear to be added. They are not identical and strangely more detail is visible on the one that is on passenger side even though the driver's side is front and center.
7 the cast frames do not attache at the cab at the same height.
8 the scaffold is of center on the sled rails. The cross bar is floating above one rail
9. The sled rail on passenger side is obstructed by a plate of 1 inch steel
10. The body is off center on the scaffold.
11. The whole cast side frame is nonsense and makes very little sense. Such a large rail to transfer stress to a glass window frame. That large of a casting would not be necessary.
The beam on the left is also attracting tourists from Italy, and isn't lined up with the bolts.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
I'm not pretending I know, I am simply stating an opinion. The only one speaking in absolutes here is you. Unless you think that is all stainless steel (aluminum castings aside) it should be coated.
Stainless can be painted for various reasons. If the Cybertruck chassis in the photo is being used to validate a production line it could very well be painted white for visibility. If it's being used to measure deflection under load, it could very well be painted white for visibility. It's probably not painted to slow corrosion because they didn't paint the upper A&B pillars, or the frame of the roof.

This is strong evidence that this is a temporary tool and is not long in this world. It will be sent to metal recyclers when they are done with it. Depending upon the purpose of the structure, it may not even be made of the same kind of metal as the production version.

I have no idea what kind of metal Tesla has specified for the door jamb stampings but, if I had to guess, stainless steel would be the most likely. It could also be high-strength steel if they determined it needed more resilience for crash safety (in which case Tesla will paint it to prevent corrosion). Time will tell but we don't know now, and this photo does not add much (if anything) to that debate.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
I have not pretended to know the metal type of the inner structure. But a leap of faith is not necessary to see this isn't going to be made into a Cybertruck., it's just a design/production tool.

ricinro

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla MY, 2001 ford Sportrac
Occupation
mech design engineer-ret.
Country flag
The wheel well on this side makes no sense and is very different than the one on the other side.
Passenger side casting is way higher than driver's side casting.
Also if these are castings why is the casting machine arriving today.
These could only be production die castings if they were test castings from IDRA and they happened to have the tool (mold) which I doubt.

They could be surrogate sand or possibly investment castings for setting up the assembly line tooling.