Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired USAF, Emergency Manager
Country flag
Nobody asked because Musk has made it exceedingly clear they won’t share this.

His comments about volume of Cybertruck production were informative though.
BREAKING: I know what the cost is going to be!!!!

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck content & summary from Cyber Roundup 2023 (+ Annual Shareholder Meeting Live Stream) 🍿 350.JPG

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
They said Optimus can learn by watching humans. It must have learned how to walk by watching a baby walking with a loaded diaper.
That's the eventual idea. Right now they're using motion capture rigs so it can understand the motions.

It doesn't repeat the motions wrote, but has to figure its own way to balance and grasp.

-Crissa

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
That's the eventual idea. Right now they're using motion capture rigs so it can understand the motions.

It doesn't repeat the motions wrote, but has to figure its own way to balance and grasp.

-Crissa
It is kinda amazing. It is however still limited by mechanics of it's physical design (A three legged robot, could learn to do some things better) so even though it may put some of programmers out of business by watching us, it still has to work with humans to evolve (for now). Once AI start doing it's physical design and production, we are out of business for good.

I want to see what happens after two of them watch tango.

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
I see that a lot of car makers come out with this Ford Rapter version of their vehicle and thats what you see then you get to the lot and its the F150 sitting there. Which makes sense. you get people all excited about this gnarly awesome vehicle, but really the majority of people don't need that and don't want to pay for that so they settle for the simplified version. I hope the CT is something like that up front. If we get a quad motor plaid out of the gate thats $100k, I think its going to piss a bunch of people off. Sure there are the Tesla fan boy bloggers that somehow can afford a $100k vehicle without a real job and the 50,000 of them will snatch one up for $100k and not actually ever open the truck bed. With how long Elon has made the world wait, and if their mission statement of accelerating the world toward sustainable energy is true, there really needs to be a CT in reach of the middle class. $60-$70k max after the tax credit.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
One thing is for sure. He definitely didn’t make it sound affordable anymore.
Everyone will be speculating on revised MSRP’s and trim levels for the next 5-months until the Cybertruck delivery event takes place.

It’s going to be one very exciting day! Roughly another 150 days of waiting. Sigh.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Have you always been bad at math or are you just a perpetual pessimist?
people reasonably think it will be end of September before delivery event.

sept 30 is 132 days from today

or ~90% of 150, which seems fair to call “roughly” 150, especially since nobody knows if it will be days or weeks before or after September 30

which raises the question: have you always been bad at generous interpretation of others, or are you just a perpetual jerk?

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
If we get a quad motor plaid out of the gate thats $100k, I think its going to piss a bunch of people off.
I think it's pretty clear Tesla will not price any versions of the Cybertruck as high as $100,000. I'm not sure who keeps this nightmare, fear-monger tactic alive.

With how long Elon has made the world wait, and if their mission statement of accelerating the world toward sustainable energy is true, there really needs to be a CT in reach of the middle class. $60-$70k max after the tax credit.
You still have doubts about Tesla's mission statement, even after they have dragged the entire industry kicking and screaming into electrification with large battery plants under construction across the USA.? No other company has done more to initiate this change.

Elon made the world wait for the Cybertuck due to unprecedented supply chain disruption and lack of batteries that basically would have caused an earlier release of the Cybertruck to slow down the mission by reducing sales of Models Y and 3.
Sponsored