Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda CRV Ninja
Occupation
Structure Engineer Boeing
Country flag
I would think a re design would happen as production issues occurred. Like chip shortage and changing hardware software to match supply.
Now
The skate board BEV might be a better way to go for super low cost 3 Y S X and CT. Tesla total mind set change to a more manageable producible BEV
LFP
I would also hope Tesla will not get stuck on that round can 4680 and go with again a more structural blade.
Well
I guess we have to hold our breath and see what Tesla China comes out with to battle BYDs low cost BEV.
Sponsored

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I'd sure love to see that.

Dug out my shareholder/ voting details so I could catch the call live.

That said, Musk moves events to locations convenient to him. I could see him moving it to Austin just so he didn't have to fly somewhere to attend it.
And the thing is that I am perfectly OK with EM doing that. As big as his vision and plans are he is most likely not going to run out of things to do before he dies. So every second not spent on task or distracting him from task is a little less we get to enjoy in life. EM is not the second coming. But sometimes it sure seems like he might be. The miracles this boy is pulling off are quite a sight to see.

drscot

Banned
Banned
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
I have three questions.

1. When will the final iteration of the CyberTruck be revealed?

2. Which month, in 2022, will the first CyberTruck roll off the assembly line?

3. How many Cybertrucks will be produced, per year, when the factory is fully operational?

Bonnie
#1. The final iteration of the Cybertruck will be revealed exactly "in a month or so" per Elon Musk himself. You can take that to the bank or put it in your pipe and smoke it, whichever you prefer.

#2. The exact date that CT001 will roll off the production line is 31 December, 2022. However, if you want the accelerated model, you can opt for the earliest delivery date which will be 1 October 2022. Those models will be PUSHED off the production line.
#3. The number of Cybertrucks produced on an annual basis will be close to eleventy-seven per month, however, Elon reserves the right to maintain the production at below total capacity to reduce wear and tear on the equipment, not knowing for sure which parts were actually imported from Chyna.
Well there you have it! All the answers to all the burning questions everybody wanted to know! And if you want to verify any of them, simply ask Mr. Musk himself. I'm sure he will be more than happy to address each and every one of you individually via Twitter; after all, where do you think I got the answers?

drscot

Banned
Banned
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag

RMK!

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Model 3 SR, CT on order
Country flag
We've all asked those questions, but I would wait even three or four years before thinking about any alternatives. Don't think it would take even a fraction that long, but 'just sayin'.

Not a pure Tesla fan either, but I do know what Tesla's are made of from the standpoint of innovation and latitude inherent without the constraints or tentacles reaching in from external overhead and organizations. Tesla can bring the consumer substantively more car, and still retain more margins after being able to expend even more in R&D too - all because of their focus on what's actually needed to bring us cars, and to sustain their mission.

It's possible that their stronger focus on innovation and R&D (because they have the resources from not being so entangles with traditional overhead) could be a possible reason for iterative postponements or delays in a newer reveal.

If you've ever got into developing software you'll have realized the effect of iterative and recursive injection of newer ideas, because every time you test the UI or functionality another idea light comes on in your head - which could've only been realized at that functional or UI test iteration. So you end up redoing the program code a lot, but it gets so much better. Of course you have to draw the line and say what the current 'version' is going to be or have - but often you've already got ideas for the next version because of realizations developing the current version. I think this possibly could be happening with final designs of the Cybertruck too, as I think there are so many unthought of possibilities with such a vehicle. I think Tesla inherently has more freedom and focus to innovate, because of their focus on vertical integration and also because their business model gives them more resources for R&D. Although, I could be wrong about all this and the reveal date might just be related to other factors. But if these indeed are factors in CT development, by the time it reaches us I think it will be more awesome than any of us could've thought.

I also think there are strategic, economical, (and unfortunately now too) political factors, that Tesla would consider for the next reveal date - regardless of when an actual redesigned CT prototype is internally ready. But if too much time goes by more design change ideas start rising up - so look out. I bet design cutoff points are a source of a few discussions (and also headaches) inside Tesla.
Very well thought out post but from a clarity standpoint your reference to "they have the resources from not being so entangles with traditional overhead" could be more plainly stated as no sales and marketing departments with their bloated budgets. That saves Tesla billions of dollars compared to other automotive manufacturers. It is the true heart of Tesla genius to intentionally and selectively not do what everyone else is doing.

drscot

Banned
Banned
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
Thank goodness. I think I am 300,041
Check again. You may have missed a comma or a decimal point in there, along with a zero or two. Somebody has to be the last guy in line, you could be the lucky guy! Wouldn't it be funny if the last guy in line gets the first delivery because of his proximity? Now that would be poetic justice!

drscot

Banned
Banned
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
The adaptors work find. It’s the US/ German made chargers that suck balls and breakdown a ton.
Sponsored