Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
I would read into that.... There is a reason we haven't been able to see the frunk. There will be something excellent that kicks Ford's ass. The more I think of it the frillegate / frailgate is an exciting idea that would make an excellent workbench. Or cook surface. Plus if it breaks it can be called a failgate.
Calling it 'FRUNKGATING'.
Might be a 'THING' :)

scoobysteve0

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 GTI
Occupation
Customer Success
Country flag
Does anyone know if the rear quarter panels are going to open (wing / sail) still or has that been killed?

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Does anyone know if the rear quarter panels are going to open (wing) still or has that been killed?
Still unknown.

The feature is still listed on the site, but neither the sail pillar storage, the frunk, nor the under-vault storage have been seem open. I would be quite disappointed to lose my tool/ strap storage if it does.

FrunkyTrucky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X P100D
Country flag
Are you suggesting most of these will be sold in California?

California has a much lower truck/ resident ratio than much of the country.
Yes, while the ratio is lower than much of the county California still has the most trucks in the nation with Texas second. From a 2019 article:
"According to Flex Fleet, there are about half a million more trucks in California than there are in Texas. While this may come as a surprise, if you think about it, it makes sense. There are more residents in California than any other state in the US. When you look at the numbers, there are about 40 million people in California as opposed to only 29 million in Texas."

scoobysteve0

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 GTI
Occupation
Customer Success
Country flag
Still unknown.

The feature is still listed on the site, but neither the sail pillar storage, the frunk, nor the under-vault storage have been seem open. I would be quite disappointed to lose my tool/ strap storage if it does.
That's exactly what I was thinking. It doesn't look like they will be opening (in the back), but my first thought in 2019 was, "darn, that's a great spot for quick-use storage."

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Tri-motor (will do quad)
Country flag
Do you think the frunk will open like an F-150 lightning or just the top portion?

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
Do you think the frunk will open like an F-150 lightning or just the top portion?
I was certain it would only open like most car hoods but now that there is a noticeable gap between the front quarter panel and front of the CT, I'm thinking the whole hood will open. I mean, for all we know, it's a drawer that pulls out.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Yes, while the ratio is lower than much of the county California still has the most trucks in the nation with Texas second. From a 2019 article:
"According to Flex Fleet, there are about half a million more trucks in California than there are in Texas. While this may come as a surprise, if you think about it, it makes sense. There are more residents in California than any other state in the US. When you look at the numbers, there are about 40 million people in California as opposed to only 29 million in Texas."
I hate to split hairs here, but this isn’t what we were talking about.

In order for “most” trucks to be sold in California, that means more need to be sold there than all other states combined. That is the point I questioned. Not whether California sold more than any given state.

If he’s said California will sell more trucks than any other state I wouldn’t have commented.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck FULL FRONT VIEW! (2/9/23) 1676063326434