MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
What vehicle ever has a convenient way to hook up a winch. It’s always an aftermarket thing.
Not only do several vehicles come with winches standard, every single truck sold in the US can either fit one behind the bumper or a change to an integrated aftermarket bumper is possible. An aftermarket bumper that sticks the winch out far enough to clear the front fascia is going to decimate the approach angle and possibly be visible to the driver at all times.

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
Interesting photo. One thing that looks very clear to me is the cut lines on the side of the front. Looks like they adapted the F150's style frunk, and the front of the vehicle will open with the hood. that's a very good thing, the Ford approach is the best by far.
Joe posted his thoughts of the front dropping down like a 'FFFFrunkgate'.
I proposed the 'Lightbar' was integrated into the 'Lid'.
So an electric opening top, and a manually operated wide (read heavy) 'gate'.
Gonna be interesting in any case__good stuff.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
I’m starting to worry they won’t have the wiper solved in time for production.

I get no one wants to wait another five years for them to figure out the laser beams idea. But that thing is ugly yes.

My question: has anyone done a schematic to see how much coverage one wiper has on the windscreen? If this wiper leaves the passenger with half a view in the rain, that kind of annoyance would kill a normal car’s sales.
lasers will never work anywhere that gets precipitation

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
Not only do several vehicles come with winches standard, every single truck sold in the US can either fit one behind the bumper or a change to an integrated aftermarket bumper is possible. An aftermarket bumper that sticks the winch out far enough to clear the front fascia is going to decimate the approach angle and possibly be visible to the driver at all times.
Behind the bumper is not convenient. Having to add an adapter is not convenient.

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
1676079585682.png

I bet there will be at least 8" between the aluminum casting and the main long blue seem there. thats enough to put basic roadside emergency stuff, tie downs, small tool cases.
Also, Custom Made Lunch Boxes and a First Aid Kit :) ( People might faint at the sight of CYBRTRK )

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
Yeah, but WHICH "light bar"? There are at least 3 light bars - rear tailgate, front of the hood and top of the windshield. AFAIK the only ones were (sorta maybe?) sure of are the one on the tailgate (recently confirmed by EM) and the one in front of the hood. The W/S bar is still unknown and not definitively confirmed. EM has been mostly vague when he responds.

Oh, and waterproof sail storage please! Perfect place for my deer rifles! :)
I stand corrected

Haopec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX P100d, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
1676079585682.png

I bet there will be at least 8" between the aluminum casting and the main long blue seem there. thats enough to put basic roadside emergency stuff, tie downs, small tool cases.
I want to see that so.. so bad, but the wheel well looks pretty defined, and we know the trim sticks out a bit for the wheel well.
Also, we have seen zero evidence of a hinge, seam, or cut line for the sail pillar storage thus far. Heck, even the bed storage has been visible ( seam) on multiple beta CT's.

I was imagining a solid bar frame from the top a frame to the back leaving a decent void for storage..

I'm not mad, just disappointed.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Yeah, but WHICH "light bar"? There are at least 3 light bars - rear tailgate, front of the hood and top of the windshield. AFAIK the only ones were (sorta maybe?) sure of are the one on the tailgate (recently confirmed by EM) and the one in front of the hood. The W/S bar is still unknown and not definitively confirmed. EM has been mostly vague when he responds.

Oh, and waterproof sail storage please! Perfect place for my deer rifles! :)
If it goes to production, also interior light bars. 🎅

MAJMurphy

First Name
MAJM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 motor
Country flag
Doesn’t it look like the wiper will do a horrible job at cleaning the passenger’s view? And thus, also the driver’s view to the right? For example when a huge truck throws slush on the windshield in winter.

Huntsman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Heavy Equipment Ops
Country flag
Are they DRLs though, because the orange side marker lights are also lit which wouldn’t normally be lit when DRLs are on. Parking lights were turned on perhaps, that’d turn on the side marker lights too. The whole light thing is still weird.
Ditto weird. I think the wrap around light at the frunk lip has been replaced by the rectangle light in the grill IMO - looks Rivinistic :( I will miss the off road light in the windshield but respect its removal - probably for a good reason. I’m not impressed with this final look. I am hopeful it is functional and not dressed up for a show.

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
Behind the bumper is not convenient. Having to add an adapter is not convenient.
It adds ~ 20-30 minutes to the time to install the winch itself on average. That is very convenient. What do I know only 90 trucks in my fleet with winches on the front

ecotrials

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Sierra, electric trials bike
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
CT Beta Front arrows.jpeg

Here are my thoughts on what others haven't commented on yet.

Blue = Air intake for battery cooling. All Teslas have one. Every image of the CT starting back to the reveal night has had this.

Yellow = Help me out here peoples, does it appear like the light is illuminating from the inside of the CT and making its way out? Next to the DTR Lights on top of the black bumper looks to be light leaking out from the overhang above. Or could the top yellow arrow be a ray of sunlight that is making it through the tree leaves and landing on the CT?

Red = Lots of fingerprints on the edge of the Frunk? Does that suggest it opens like a traditional hood?
Red = reflection of the tree in front of the truck.
Paul

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
Behind the bumper is fine. Why care where the spool and motor is? You care where the hook and line is.

-Crissa
Maybe the front motor doubles as the winch motor. Just a simple clutch mech, right? :devilish:
Sponsored