Wraven

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Foundations CyberBeast, M3P, MYP
Country flag
Class 4 hail resistant glass (70mph hail) is tougher than *most* asphalt shingled roofs. The same protection is an upgrade in the kind of material for asphalt shingles. Its no surprise the glass handled the situation the way it did.

On another note: I'm confused on the outcome/objective that these criminals had? Was it just to take some contents of the interior of the Cybertruck? Did they think they could actually steal the whole truck? The motivation behind this action is not clear to me.
Sponsored

agordon117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck foundation awd
Country flag
On another note: I'm confused on the outcome/objective that these criminals had? Was it just to take some contents of the interior of the Cybertruck? Did they think they could actually steal the whole truck? The motivation behind this action is not clear to me.
This happens in san francisco constantly. they usually don't attempt to steal the vehicle, they just go around breaking windows and stealing whatever is inside of the vehicle. Not that car theft doesn't also happen, but it's just lowlifes who are apparently not qualified for a job flipping burgers, trying to steal whatever they can since they get away with it.

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Class 4 hail resistant glass (70mph hail) is tougher than *most* asphalt shingled roofs. The same protection is an upgrade in the kind of material for asphalt shingles. Its no surprise the glass handled the situation the way it did.

Where is that specification referenced (link to page)?

Is it a Cybertruck specification?

Cybertruck26

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y LR
Occupation
Engineer, Space nerd
Country flag
@Administrator this isn't the first time your censorship has been used on this forum .. Not sure if it's warranted,.
I mean, I understand "no politics" but, it wasn't even POLITICS, it was the thesis of the thread...which was crime. Nobody was saying vote for this or vote for that, we were just saying how shitty the crime is. If you're gonna censor THAT, I have lost hope. It's like watching true crime docs on YouTube and every word is censored.

We know why you created the rule, at least be consistent when enforcing it. I'll do you one better, tell me out of all our posts you deleted where we were AT ALL political.

TownBiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD
Country flag
So was there anything stealable in plain view?

jaredhobbs

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD Foundation Series
Country flag
We used to live in the Bay Area. A few years ago, we were parked on the street in SF during a movie. When we came out, someone had smashed one of the windows of our vehicle. Worst part is, they didn't steal anything! There was an iPad and a couple iPod touches in the glove box as well as a backpack in plain view. Seems like they just broke the window for fun!

Cybertruck26

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y LR
Occupation
Engineer, Space nerd
Country flag
We used to live in the Bay Area. A few years ago, we were parked on the street in SF during a movie. When we came out, someone had smashed one of the windows of our vehicle. Worst part is, they didn't steal anything! There was an iPad and a couple iPod touches in the glove box as well as a backpack in plain view. Seems like they just broke the window for fun!
Yeah, bored pos's with too much freedom... I am so sorry that happened to you. HOPEFULLY, you never ever have to worry about it again.

Cybertruck26

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y LR
Occupation
Engineer, Space nerd
Country flag
BTW, Congrats for getting out of here!

Cybertruck2024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning and Model 3
Country flag
Yeah, bored pos's with too much freedom... I am so sorry that happened to you. HOPEFULLY, you never ever have to worry about it again.
My friend just had his Hyundai stolen, it was declared a total loss. Per the cops, most of these hoodlums go for a joyride until the vehicle is broken, then they jump into another one and do it again.

They will also cruise in the stolen vehicle, while smashing windows and stealing from other cars. This way when the plate is reported, it is just some poor SOB who had his car stolen 10 minutes before, they don't catch the actual criminals.

cgladue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model S 75D, 2018 Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
just a reminder that you are not allowed to talk about political topics be careful you may get banned from this thread.