Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
neither, really

wouldn’t say MDR was lying, he just has to stretch real hard to make his “stories” seem substantive

as for the speakers, I’ve thought they were obviously there, at least in that schematic.

but that schematic also is overlaying the old style CT prototype (notice door handles, fat fender flares, etc.) - so I don’t take the schematic to be necessarily indicative of anything certain about the release version

on that little, MDR declares “CT will have 8” woofers!”

right in line with his “big” breaking news that - brace yourself- a company selling a truck will have people who think about truck accessories to sell
I wouldn't not have believed him to begin. with, but finding that he glued his big reveal onto an old comment from Elon and making them seem like they were part of the same timeline seems more than "stretching" reality to me. It seems like subversion/lying.

I am not concerned with whether the CT will have 2 subwoofers. I have absolute faith in Tesla's audio designs. If they decide that they want or need subwoofers, of any number, then I am fine with it.
Sponsored

Old Pro

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I own a 2006 Toyota Tacoma and 2018 Tesla Model 3,
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I can hear my wife blasting her music in her 2018 M3 with Premium Sound even before she turns into the driveway!

Old Pro

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I own a 2006 Toyota Tacoma and 2018 Tesla Model 3,
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ok, He is funny!

Tell him that we are all going to put a playing card in the spoke of the wheels, too.
You must be as old as I am....

SuperManStan

First Name
Stanley
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Kaboom-supplies.com
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Miner/longhole driller
Country flag
It isn't clear anywhere in the referenced tweets that there are two subwoofers. He was quoting a tweet from Elon dated December 2022. I don't have a strong technical background in the area but given the nature of bass frequencies and the sonic range that sub-woofers play in why would there be a need to have 2 woofers - I've never seen a vehicle with a high-end sound system have more than 1. Additionally, unlike mid-speakers and tweeters, the sub doesn't necessarily have to point directly at the listeners to be effective.
It’s all about the amount of air movement with a sub woofer system, the larger the venue/space the more air you have to move, my current SUV has a 12” sub, in my opinion, not enough to get a really good punch out of the system. Anxious to hear what the system sounds like.

Beef Train

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram
Occupation
Home builder/solar installer
Country flag
The nature of sub-woofers is they are additive because they are wired in phase with one another. So, Tesla could use one bigger sub-woofer or two smaller ones to achieve the same thing. Or, they could have cheaped out and used one smaller one, but the Cybertruck cabin is actually too big for one 8" sub to provide the desired punch. It's just the way Tesla rolls, they are not out to pick your wallet by making you upgrade to a $5,000 "technology package" just to get the sound the truck should come with to begin with, they include premium sound for everyone.

Plus, with two subs instead of one, Tesla can buy in higher volumes.
Ahh, a volume discount. I see what you did there.

TexasRaider

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck + MS
Occupation
Civil
Country flag
Elon tweeted or said in an interview a very long time ago that it would have dual subs. So this is more confirmation that it hasn't changed.
And you expect people not to post on here about that? Haha
I’m sure someone will create a post about the tweeters when a new photo comes out. Haha

OP
OP

ituner-HF

First Name
Andrei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S, X and 3, Waiting for Cybertruck
Country flag
It’s all about the amount of air movement with a sub woofer system, the larger the venue/space the more air you have to move, my current SUV has a 12” sub, in my opinion, not enough to get a really good punch out of the system. Anxious to hear what the system sounds like.
Yes., a 12" speaker has slightly more area than two 8" speakers but the clarity and DSP on two smaller speakers surpass the advantages of a signle 12". Think road noise cancellation. (road noise frequency is ~200HZ)

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Reading this has made be hungry for a 12" Italian B.M.T sub

TexasRaider

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck + MS
Occupation
Civil
Country flag
Any particular reason why we think it’s 8” and not 10”? (All the inch jokes aside. Ha)

rudedawg78

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired USAF, Emergency Manager
Country flag
Any particular reason why we think it’s 8” and not 10”? (All the inch jokes aside. Ha)
Well... the all-knowing oracle name MDR said so...duh! ;)

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Well... the all-knowing oracle name MDR said so...duh! ;)
I think there’s just an assumption that Tesla tends to abhor duplicating parts they have to source/make - so are likely to be using the same guts found in their existing vehicles, which are 8”?

seems a pretty reasonable assumption
Sponsored