Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Not thrilled with the carpeted floorboards.
Ooooohhhhhhh... Can I get replacement carpet in pink ultra shag? Add that to the fluffy dash and my 3 year old might just move out of the house into the truck.
Sponsored

BigAl

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I spy with my little eye... Is that passenger Lumbar support I see????

kbolt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Hoping they put some functionality to the massive dash (eg storage) vs. big slab of unusable space....same with front doors and frunk - aka I know Tesla likes simple, but do some basics for more usability, even if a bit more cost/complexity - not much but some. Even my model 3 has storage / cup holder(ish) in the doors and a glove box, but the frunk is just a plastic hole - expect a bit more in the CT, but we'll see !
It looks like there is some kind of panel covering the place in the door where you put water

OP
OP
futureproof

futureproof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I'm loving the greehouse roof and how the yoke steering looks.

(Though with all that glass I wonder how loud it will be inside during a heavy rain?)

Not loving the front middle seat that dumps your drinks on the people in the back when you raise it... An engineering fail imho.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
I'd like the seats to be on rails and easily removable. The front middle seat to slide under and stow in the dash and create a walkthrough to the back, and the front two seats to rotate around for using the cabin as a living/work area in camp mode. Then a reclining and completely flat foldable rear bench seat that you can use as a bed. Along with under seat storage in the rear and pullout drawers under the front two seats. Sleeping on rear seat means you can use the seat heater efficiently warmth without the noise of the heat pump running. Having the ability to at least partially slide the front seats under the dash would make for a decent sized bedroom, without using the bed at all. Hanging points for internal hammock which can be used to store soft things/bedding in the rear.

The dash should have built in pull out, swivel and removable table, large glovebox and a top loading cool/heatbox. Cooled/heated cup holders. Along with a full windscreen HUD and IR thermal and vision augmentation, and eye tracking. Chromatic glass windows as sunshade and for privacy in camp mode. Reading/map lights, RGB ambient lighting strips that are bright enough for cabin lighting. Hook for hanging bananas to feed the crazy monkeys who think we need more kit than that. 🤭

kbolt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
It looks like there is some kind of panel covering the place in the door where you put water
You can see on the driver's side something hanging out of it.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
If the dash is crammed with electrics etc.. it would leave more space for the frunk.

Alternatively, sacrifice some frunk space, and in addition to a glove box, have the passenger side of the dash lift off like a lid with a heap of dash storage.

Macgyverfever

First Name
Regular Don-Won
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP BLUE/WHITE, M3RWD GRAY/BLACK
Occupation
Multifaceted IT Professional
Country flag

FarAway

First Name
I.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pontiac Torrent, TVR, F-250 Super Duty
Country flag
That sunroof is huge. Lots of solar heat in the cockpit beating down on the "follicly" challenged, also not good for interiors and electronics.

I hope that can be closed off.

Last edited:

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
Full sized front middle seat is just a strange decision.

It's cool in a sense, but also not. Takes up so much space and turns what would 99% of the time be an arm rest into a seat that isn't useable when no one is sitting in it. On top of that, it blocks vision for the driver (I know you freaks don't care about actually using your physical eyes and head movements instead of depending upon technology so this is a moot point for the minority of you). Plus it has got to take up way more space when folding down or trying to move it out of the way when making room for non seat related things.

I like it, but hate it because it just cements the designers making decisions based on the CT as a passenger vehicle, not a work truck.

Thankfully, it's such a minor issue that I can live with it and not really care about it enough to be annoyed!

Btw, can't tell for sure but it looks like there is no glove box! Where the hell are we going to stuff receipts, random papers and registration and insurance cards! You gonna have to say "officer excuse me, I need to get out and open my frunk to get my registration and insurance". That will be awkward and heighten the tension at a normal traffic stop! ;)

Last edited:

fhteagle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Volt, CT Res x2
Country flag
who is a fan of this dash?
It's minimalist, but not necessarily utilitarian. Straight surfaces, easy to measure angles mean easy to design, 3dprint, hand construct, and/or install 3rd party made mods. I think we'll see a lot of aftermarket and DIY customization of this dash if it ends up going to production. Extra storage trays and organizers, heads up display projectors, phone mounts, extending work tables, you name it all should be really easy to make and mount to the big flat dash.

fhteagle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Volt, CT Res x2
Country flag
It's really no more of a waste of space than the gigantic center consoles being installed in today's full sized trucks. If they made it modular / removable then it's the best of both worlds of course.

I can think of a lot of arguments in favor of the front middle seat. A few of those reasons aren't quite "family friendly" like this forum probably is trying to be.

But in work truck guise, rolling with a crew of three and the back seats removed for more storage of gear instead makes a ton of sense.

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
I am curious: who is a fan of this dash?

1676377387732.png
Saying I'm a fan would be an understatement, well the marble like version. So tired of dashboards all looking like the same old tripe, unfortunately it won't look that way as we've seen the Alpha prototype with the usual dull take on dashboard design.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck interior video cybertruck-3

I like it, but hate it because it just cements the designers making decisions based on the CT as a passenger vehicle, not a work truck.
Work trucks historically have had bench seats. I also don't see how it would block vision for the driver, it's either folded or you have a person in the seat in which case you'd have a person in the middle seat of the back bench blocking the view regardless.

However one could offer a cube shaped console that takes the place of the center seat for those that want it as an option instead of the center seat.

Btw, can't tell for sure but it looks like there is no glove box! Where the hell are we going to stuff receipts, random papers and registration and insurance cards! You gonna have to say "officer excuse me, I need to get out and open my frunk to get my registration and insurance". That will be awkward and heighten the tension at a normal traffic stop!
It's just the early prototype ... it would obviously have a glovebox, actually you could probably fit two given the lack of a console that extends to the dash.

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag

It's cool in a sense, but also not. Takes up so much space and turns what would 99% of the time be an arm rest into a seat that isn't useable when no one is sitting in it. On top of that, it blocks vision for the driver (I know you freaks don't care about actually using your physical eyes and head movements instead of depending upon technology so this is a moot point for the minority of you). Plus it has got to take up way more space when folding down or trying to move it out of the way when making room for non seat related things.
...it folds down into an armrest no bigger than the static console in a F150?

-Crissa
Sponsored