JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Just thought of a new off-road adventure for CT: re-enacting the Huckleberry Finn story of floating down the Mississippi River. That could be fun actually. And one might be able to do it on a single charge. Most of the way would be using no propulsion. But you could drive up a riverbank each night to camp. Use power to cook dinner. Then drive back into the river the next day to keep going. If you hit a sandbar, just drive over it.

That could make for one very lazy summer trip.
You need river FSD and then can cruise all night long.
Sponsored

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
I would prefer his CT for dummies condensed version.
Lol ok. Point taken.

Condense, distill, shorten, concentrate, summarize, cut down, digest, encapsulate, abbreviate, boil down, in a nut shell, are all words that are not in my vocabulary. ;) 🤪

You should see how much stuff I write but delete so you never have to read it! lol :ROFLMAO:

I think my problem is that in my trying to convey an idea, I make sure to try to cover all the variables along the way to avoid the idea transfer from not working. Essentially, my error correction needs to be turned up and down depending on the recipient to get the point across.

I don't know if you have realized this yourself, and it might annoying after knowing it, but out of habit I make an effort of stating an important point at least twice, in different formulations. I've found that effective in reducing the misunderstandings inherent in single argument propositions.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Do not restrict yourself to the lowest common dumbnominator (Me lol), others here appreciate the detail I am sure of it.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Do not restrict yourself to the lowest common dumbnominator (Me lol), others here appreciate the detail I am sure of it.
lol. Thanks. 🤭

But your contributions are just as valid. :)

Now off to do some mowing!

MiguelAznar

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck 3-motor
Country flag
That means if you park the Cybertruck and leave for awhile or are in your house/apt and go to sleep, besides making sure you set the parking brake on the truck you better remember to have thrown out an anchor or if there is a flood your 30x cold rolled stainless steel with armor glass Cybertruck might be undamaged but it might also have floated to miles away.
Smart summons!

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
That means if you park the Cybertruck and leave for awhile or are in your house/apt and go to sleep, besides making sure you set the parking brake on the truck you better remember to have thrown out an anchor or if there is a flood your 30x cold rolled stainless steel with armor glass Cybertruck might be undamaged but it might also have floated to miles away.
Smart summons!
So imagine that you wake up and your CT has floated away. You smart summon it the next day but due to flood waters etc it cannot get to you. Then you get rescued from the flood and taken to a shelter. Meanwhile your CT still cannot get to you. After discovering that your house is a total loss, you end up moving to emergency shelter a few states away. And finally find a new house to live in.

So... Anyone see that old movie The Incredible Journey? What if your CT finally manages to get out of the flood waters and then remembers the summons and comes to find you?

For that matter, what if someday you go "missing". Can your CT be tasked to find you?

(Yes, I know that smart summon doesn't work like that. And your car is not "looking" for you over vast distances. And if you go missing, the authorities will start by locating your phone, not by asking your CT to find you. But hey... What if.)

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Smart summons!
There will be no one in the Cybertruck to man/woman the oars. For that you definitely need have installed an effective navigation & propulsion systems (prop or water jet), just spinning the wheels are not going to get it back to you.

Because the Cybertruck would be in a water environment, smart summon in FSD package will not work. You will need Tesla option package FSRP ( full self river/ocean pilot ) which will probably cost $20K :)

Last edited:

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Which is why I say its not temporary

It can either operate as a boat or not at all

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Which is why I say its not temporary

It can either operate as a boat or not at all

Yup

Temporary for types of boats can mean difference between boat that is in water for days or weeks/few months at a time vs types of boats that are in water for minimum 1 year to 4 years up to maximum 60+ years.

Maybe for the Cybertruck temporary might mean be in the water for up to 2-6 hours.

------------------

How long can you keep a boat in the water?
As stated above, as a general guideline, your boat should be stored in the water no longer than 30 days straight. That is if you haven't taken special precautions to protect your boat and prepare it for longer-term storage.
22 jul 2022
https://www.bestboatreport.com/how-...r/#how-long-can-you-leave-a-boat-in-the-water

------------------

https://pontoonopedia.com/how-long-can-boat-sit-in-salt-water/

How long can a boat sit in saltwater?
On average, you can leave a boat to sit in saltwater without moving for 7 days. However, this can differ depending on the type of boat, the design of the hull, the treatment (for example, bottom paint) and the saltwater conditions.

How long can a boat sit in freshwater vs. saltwater?
Compared with saltwater, freshwater is far less corrosive, and you can leave your boat sitting in a lake or river for a considerably longer time. Even so, the constant moisture can cause issues over time. A boat can only safely stay in saltwater for about one week, but in most cases, three to four weeks in freshwater will not cause damage.

------------------
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck is waterproof enough to serve as a boat to cross rivers, lakes & calm seas -- confirms Musk 🚤 {filename}

Is it Okay for an Aluminum Boat to Stay in the Water Year-Around?
Posted on Published: June 6, 2022 - Last updated: June 13, 2022
https://boatbiscuit.com/is-it-okay-for-an-aluminum-boat-to-stay-in-the-water-year-around/

------------------

------------------

Last edited:

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
State of California - 24.010 Amphibious Vehicle/Vessel Dual Registration
Vehicle Industry Registration Procedures Manual
https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/handb.../amphibious-vehicle-vessel-dual-registration/

Chapter 24 Vessels

24.010 Amphibious Vehicle/Vessel Dual Registration (CVC §9872.5)

A vehicle/vessel combination that will be operated on or off highway and on the water must be registered for on-highway or off-highway vehicle use and registered as a vessel. DMV issues a vehicle certificate of title and registration card and a vessel certificate of number (vessel registration) for these. Two applications are required for original vehicle/vessel dual registration as follows.

Vehicle Application (process first)—The following must be submitted:
* The usual on or off-highway vehicle (OHV) registration documents (including a smog certification when appropriate).
* The fees due.
* Issue the appropriate license plates and stickers.

Vessel Application (process second)—The following must be submitted:
* A completed Application for Registration Number, Certificate of Ownership, and Certificate of Number for Undocumented Vessel (BOAT 101) form.
* The original vessel registration fee.

The procedures below must be followed:
* Record the vehicle license number in the upper-left corner of the vessel application face document.
* Issue the CF number and stickers.
* Give the applicant a BOAT 3 booklet and advise them that the CF number on the receipt and stickers must be affixed to the vessel as explained in the BOAT 3.
* For motorized vessels, issue one set of the Vessel Carbon Monoxide Warning Stickers and companion brochure. Advise the applicant to affix the stickers as explained in the BOAT 3.
* Record the CF number in the upper-left corner of the vehicle application face document.
* Advise the applicant that the vehicle/vessel combination will have two separate expiration dates.

-----------------------

Application for Registration Number, Certificate of Ownership, and Certificate of Number for Undocumented Vessel (BOAT 101) form
https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/file/application-for-vessel-certificate-of-number-boat-101-pdf/

-----------------------

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Maybe this time Elon took inspiration from real products instead of movie fantasy (James Bond)

WaterCar Amphibious Vehicles
2013 - 2020 Panther (Jeep style) & 2021 H1-Panther (HUMVEE)

--------------------------------------------

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck is waterproof enough to serve as a boat to cross rivers, lakes & calm seas -- confirms Musk 🚤 mzgz6c-b781249508z.120140115170000000g6r1i061i.1

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck is waterproof enough to serve as a boat to cross rivers, lakes & calm seas -- confirms Musk 🚤 mzgz6e-b781249508z.120140115170000000g6r1i0633.1

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck is waterproof enough to serve as a boat to cross rivers, lakes & calm seas -- confirms Musk 🚤 mzgzkk-watercar

On land or sea, WaterCar has speed on any surface
Ever since he posted a video online of the Panther driving on the freeway in Orange County, scaling sand dunes in Glamis and impressing scantily clad ladies at Lake Havasu.
About to take to market for $135,000 a piece
By Jordan England-Nelson | Orange County Register (California)
January 21, 2014
https://www.ocregister.com/2014/01/21/on-land-or-sea-watercar-has-speed-on-any-surface/

-----------

In 1999, WaterCar (headquarters in Fountain Valley, CA, USA) started as a personal challenge to build the world's fastest amphibious vehicle. Our early WaterCars were purpose-built vehicles, to be very fast on both land and water.

In 2013, the team realized the Panther achieved the quality, reliability, and maintainability that allowed them to offer the Panther for purchase. Each Panther is a custom vehicle built by an incredible team of professionals who take great pride in what they build and how it ultimately performs. Each one is unique. We encourage each buyer's active participation in the final appearance of their vehicle. The range of interior and exterior fabrics, colors, and graphics is unlimited. WaterCar's ultimate goal is to build a vehicle that is a source of enjoyment to you and an ongoing source of pride to us.

https://www.watercar.com/products

---------------

WATERCAR H1-PANTHER
https://www.h1panther.com/

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck is waterproof enough to serve as a boat to cross rivers, lakes & calm seas -- confirms Musk 🚤 Screenshot 2022-10-04 at 03-03-59 WaterCar

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck is waterproof enough to serve as a boat to cross rivers, lakes & calm seas -- confirms Musk 🚤 Screenshot 2022-10-04 at 03-06-30 WaterCar

WATERCAR LEGACY
Since 1999, WaterCar has designed and built more high-speed amphibious vehicles than anyone in the world.

H1-PANTHER THE MOST VERSATILE VEHICLE EVER
Based on the legendary Humvee, the H1-Panther is the most versatile vehicle ever imagined. This is WaterCar’s fifth, and most advanced amphibious model to date. Built to withstand the most brutal conditions, from the roughest terrain to the most challenging water conditions.

The H1-Panther pushes the boundaries of what’s possible. It is a true Amphibious all-terrain utility vehicle that can achieve highway speeds and cruise at thirty-five knots on the water.

Why base vehicle on the HUMVEE?
The HMMWV (Humvee) is the ideal base platform. With over 30 years of proven history of surviving the most demanding conditions, the HMMWV is capable of fording deep water and navigating the roughest terrain.

--------------------------------------------

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck is waterproof enough to serve as a boat to cross rivers, lakes & calm seas -- confirms Musk 🚤 Screenshot 2022-10-04 at 03-03-59 WaterCar

Last edited: