Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
I never thought I was a cult member.

it is not like I would give them money for their proprietary products… ummm

Nor would I commit to an annual monetary contract… (data package)

I do not dress in their swag…. (Tesla broken window t-shirt, hoodie, hat)

I’m a cult member
WELCOME TO THE CULT.
Sponsored

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My prediction is that it will remain surprisingly close to the original $49k dual / $69k performance. (I am guessing more like $55 / $75).
hopefully.....but even with all the "extras" and cost cutting dimensions, I, I just don't see it happening.......still think it will be around the 90-100k level

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Somehow l don't believe you will be letdown......wait for $$$.....features..... performance......& so on.
This CT 'THING' will probably be a once in a lifetime BUY
[ unless you plan buying 2 or more ]
It’s becoming more and more clear every passing month that what Tesla plans on delivering is extremely close to what they announced on launch day (with some interesting improvements). Some of us are not surprised. Lots in the media will be confused.

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
Then you are going to be very unhappy when Tesla ramps Cybertruck to high volume by next year. People who think they will not ramp CT to high volumes are ignoring all the evidence in favor of their own world view that ignores reality.

I’ll be happy with it regardless. I still have a pair of True Religions. Certainly wouldn’t wear them of course but surely you get the point.
Fashionable for everyone to want one then fashionable for people to want anything but. Thats true with all hot commodities

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
you can thank people like @SolarWizard for that

those things are fleet darlings

it’s not that they’re hard to get, it’s that they’re hard to get in the retail side of Ford

I got the 1st retail lightning at my dealership. Before that, they had already delivered 30 fleet units.

And I got all mine when they were $47k with the options I selected. Still a good value but $47k is pretty incredible utility

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
It’s becoming more and more clear every passing month that what Tesla plans on delivering is extremely close to what they announced on launch day (with some interesting improvements). Some of us are not surprised. Lots in the media will be confused.
I'm confused...most days. Maybe I'm the media?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Ford and VW look like they are now making serious attempts.

Toyota & GM not so much.
Hate to clip your wings, but GM did manage to get to about 39K Bolts out the door, despite all their setbacks.

That's about as many Mach-Es got into customer hands in 2022.

-Crissa

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
Sigh...

The Tesla Cybertruck is likely to be a 'cult car' with limited volume says Morgan Stanley

Mar 09, 2023 07:45AM ET

By Michael Elkins
Morgan Stanley reiterated an Overweight rating and $220.00 price target on Tesla (NASDAQ:TSLA). After speaking with clients, analysts feel there may be some room to manage expectations about the significance of the Cybertruck.

There are some who believe that Tesla may sell many hundreds of thousands of Cybertrucks annually. However, analysts think it will more likely be an enthusiast/cult car with far more limited volume. Somewhere closer to 50k units/year.

“The Cybertruck is an important element of Tesla’s futurist brand image,” write analysts. “One of the most interesting features of the truck is the lack of a Tesla emblem anywhere on its exterior. The truck itself is emblematic of the company and the risks it is willing to take to push the envelope and reinvent so many aspects of what it means to be an auto manufacturer. We feel the Cybertruck carries more value in a cultural/zeitgeist sense than in a direct economic sense. At the same time, we encourage our readers to ask themselves: how many Cybertrucks can roll up to a parent-teacher conference or youth soccer match at the same time before losing some of that indescribable… something?”

In November of 2019, when Tesla first unveiled the Cybertruck, the company’s share price was around $22 with a market cap of just under $65 billion. At the time, Tesla was just beginning to post positive GAAP profit and was still ramping up its Shanghai plant.

“A lot has changed since Franz von Holzhausen threw a metal ball at the ‘Armor Glass’ window of the Cybertruck in November 2019,” write analysts. “The truck is real and we had a great time with it last week behind the Austin plant. But financially it may be more of a ‘side-show’ to the Tesla story today.”

Morgan Stanley still thinks the Cybertruck is an important product for Tesla in many ways. At the same time, they think investors can consider that Tesla’s mission, and the expectations embedded in its $650B market cap, has expanded exponentially since 2019.

investing-new.png
Biggest word-a-thon eating session coming up, mark my words. This comes from the mouth of someone who just isn't moved by the CT. The market will show, I believe, a "yuge" difference.

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Hate to clip your wings, but GM did manage to get to about 39K Bolts out the door, despite all their setbacks.
Even before the pandemic, battery fires and chip shortage - 2017-2019
2nd year & 3rd were lower than 1st year production.

Bolt production had a negative sloping ramp!!!

-----------------------------------------

Chevrolet Bolt
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Bolt

Chevrolet Bolt / Opel Ampera-e sales numbers[117][118]
Calendar yearUSCanadaSouth KoreaBrazilMexicoEurope
201723,876 [Note 1]2,1225700101,918
2022 [Note 2]38,1206,372696

That's about as many Mach-Es got into customer hands in 2022.
Chevrolet Bolt was in it 6th year of production while Ford Mach-E was only in 2nd year.

2023 U.S.
39K Chevrolet Bolt ( 6th year of production)
39K Ford Mach-E ( 2th year of production)
252K Tesla Model Y ( 3th year of production)

More examples of GM slow EV production

GM’s EV Push Stalls Amid Slow Rollouts for GMC Hummer, Cadillac Lyriq
By Mike Colias Updated March 8, 2023
https://www.wsj.com/articles/gms-ev...llouts-for-gmc-hummer-cadillac-lyriq-8c0103bd

More than 15 months after GM began building the electric GMC Hummer pickup truck, the company has been making roughly 12 a day, a figure far below initial targets for this point in the rollout, people familiar with the matter said. The Hummer has a wait list of more than 80,000 people (25 year backlog at 12 per day rate).

GM’s other high-profile new EV, the Cadillac Lyriq SUV, which it started selling almost a year ago, is also experiencing an unusually slow ramp-up. Through February, GM had sold roughly 1,000 Lyriqs since it began building them in March 2022.

GM aims to produce 36,000 Lyriqs in the U.S. this year (2023), 9% lower than its original target

Why Your Cadillac Lyriq Is Taking So Long To Arrive
by Jonathan Lopez — Jan 17, 2023
https://gmauthority.com/blog/2023/01/why-your-cadillac-lyriq-is-taking-so-long-to-arrive/

GM celebrated the start of production for all-electric 2023 Cadillac Lyriq luxury crossover last March (March 2022), but since then, just 122 units were delivered for the entire 2022 calendar year.

However, there’s another factor to consider here as well, namely – the slow rollout is actually intentional. As GM Authority has covered previously, the Cadillac Lyriq has faced a few teething issues, with GM releasing a fix for the Lyriq’s vehicle software management update earlier this year, a fix for a cracking liftgate panel in October, and a recall for display screen issues last September.

After a Botched EV Push, General Motors Is in Deep Trouble
Many people have expressed their interest in buying an electric vehicle from GM. The Hummer EV has 80,000 reservations, and the Cadillac Lyriq adds 200,000 others.
2023Mar10
By: Cristian Agatie
https://www.autoevolution.com/news/...general-motors-is-in-deep-trouble-211660.html

Last edited:

CostcoSamples

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Odyssey
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Its probably just projection... This guy is probably in some kind of cult himself but in denial.

foxmaster7!

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
FSD is always optional, if you can live with the FOMO.

If you ordered FSD with your reservation, then it locked the price ($7k on launch day). Today it costs $15k.

Regardless, Tesla now has a FSD monthly plan, so you can rent it.
Thank you and that is very helpful! Really appreciate the explanation!

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Even before the pandemic, battery fires and chip shortage - 2017-2019
2nd year & 3rd were lower than 1st year production.

Bolt production had a negative sloping ramp!!!

Chevrolet Bolt
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Bolt

Chevrolet Bolt / Opel Ampera-e sales numbers[117][118]
Calendar yearUSCanadaSouth KoreaBrazilMexicoEurope
201723,876 [Note 1]2,1225700101,918
2022 [Note 2]38,1206,372696

Chevrolet Bolt was in it 6th year of production while Ford Mach-E was only in 2nd year.

2023 U.S.
39K Chevrolet Bolt ( 6th year of production)
39K Ford Mach-E ( 2th year of production)
252K Tesla Model Y ( 3th year of production)

More examples of GM slow EV production

GM’s EV Push Stalls Amid Slow Rollouts for GMC Hummer, Cadillac Lyriq
By Mike Colias Updated March 8, 2023
https://www.wsj.com/articles/gms-ev...llouts-for-gmc-hummer-cadillac-lyriq-8c0103bd

More than 15 months after GM began building the electric GMC Hummer pickup truck, the company has been making roughly 12 a day, a figure far below initial targets for this point in the rollout, people familiar with the matter said. The Hummer has a wait list of more than 80,000 people (25 year backlog at 12 per day rate).

GM’s other high-profile new EV, the Cadillac Lyriq SUV, which it started selling almost a year ago, is also experiencing an unusually slow ramp-up. Through February, GM had sold roughly 1,000 Lyriqs since it began building them in March 2022.

GM aims to produce 36,000 Lyriqs in the U.S. this year (2023), 9% lower than its original target

Why Your Cadillac Lyriq Is Taking So Long To Arrive
by Jonathan Lopez — Jan 17, 2023
https://gmauthority.com/blog/2023/01/why-your-cadillac-lyriq-is-taking-so-long-to-arrive/

GM celebrated the start of production for all-electric 2023 Cadillac Lyriq luxury crossover last March (March 2022), but since then, just 122 units were delivered for the entire 2022 calendar year.

However, there’s another factor to consider here as well, namely – the slow rollout is actually intentional. As GM Authority has covered previously, the Cadillac Lyriq has faced a few teething issues, with GM releasing a fix for the Lyriq’s vehicle software management update earlier this year, a fix for a cracking liftgate panel in October, and a recall for display screen issues last September.

After a Botched EV Push, General Motors Is in Deep Trouble
Many people have expressed their interest in buying an electric vehicle from GM. The Hummer EV has 80,000 reservations, and the Cadillac Lyriq adds 200,000 others.
2023Mar10
By: Cristian Agatie
https://www.autoevolution.com/news/...general-motors-is-in-deep-trouble-211660.html

Seems that you proved my point. Thank you.

-Crissa

Rockvillerich

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, tri-motor, and dual motor.
Occupation
Machine fabrication
Country flag
I do not consider myself an Elon groupie as I think that he says way too many stupid things in public, does stupid things like buying Twitter, I do not like his politics, and I do not like how he plays favorites. But I do love his vision for sustainability and I love Tesla vehicles.

I do wear Tesla swag
I do have a monetary contract (both insurance and data plan)

I definitely consider myself a Cybertruck fanboy, but it is because I love the truck design's focus on function over form (not to mention I love the technology in it). And it hits my funtional requirements: 3 mm stainless skin, 500+ mile range.

I think that most wall street analysts have the brain power of a 2x4.
I hate rust, love the function over form factor, do have a Tesla hat that I stopped wearing when Elon's politics became public, own shares in TSLA, and really look forward to the day when I can drive one of these fan-boy cult vehicles.

cyberda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD Cyber (Ordered)
Country flag
Sigh...

The Tesla Cybertruck is likely to be a 'cult car' with limited volume says Morgan Stanley

Mar 09, 2023 07:45AM ET

By Michael Elkins
Morgan Stanley reiterated an Overweight rating and $220.00 price target on Tesla (NASDAQ:TSLA). After speaking with clients, analysts feel there may be some room to manage expectations about the significance of the Cybertruck.
investing-new.png
We have zero actual production units rolling. Whether Tesla can actually ramp up production has yet to be proven... the fit/finish has not been seen. We do not have final pricing/options packages.
There is no real world testing of said production model as to its reliability.

So, right now its just speculation on will happen over the next year, other than we see Tesla is moving forward with the model.

Cybertruck could be a crazy hit or a complete piece of hot garbage. Time will prove it out.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
We have zero actual production units rolling. Whether Tesla can actually ramp up production has yet to be proven.
This is nonsense.

Nobody says this about the Silverado or any of GMs vehicles in spite of the fact that GM has had massive problems scaling things up.

Tesla is a manufacturer with a proven track record. It will ramp up. Quit buying into this made-up narrative that Tesla is weirdly less capable/ less proven than their peers. It’s 15 years, they have easily the best track record of delivering and ramping up EVs.

Your whole post is just a giant pile of paranoia.
Sponsored