Cybertruck OG Alpha 3D Scan! See The Cybertruck In AR In Your Driveway!

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
Guys,

I hit the Petersen today, so so cool and grateful to have some time with the OG.

while I was there I used my Polycam App and scanned the whole truck so we can all measure the truck and see in AR anytime!

This link will get you to the app download and also straight to my scan!

check it out!

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck OG Alpha 3D Scan! See The Cybertruck In AR In Your Driveway! 1680500008004

-Greggertruck
Sponsored

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
@ninja6r did I meet you? I met a father and son from Spokane and swear he’d said his name was ninja******* on here. Couldn’t hear him/ you perfectly.

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Awesome, but doesn't the Peterson museum still have the earlier αlpha version of the prototype? I really would like the have a 3D model of the newer ßeta prototype ☺.

Seriously though, it's pretty cool - but looks like it's just returned from a Mad Max road trip!

- ÆCIII

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
Awesome, but doesn't the Peterson museum still have the earlier αlpha version of the prototype? I really would like the have a 3D model of the newer ßeta prototype ☺.

Seriously though, it's pretty cool - but looks like it's just returned from a Mad Max road trip!

- ÆCIII
They’re coming asap! I will redo this as soon as I can on a release one, with better clarity.

I know everyone wants the og. But this is a cool way to see real world size anywhere. Does AR with your phone So you can generate the size anywhere to play with it.

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
Can't say I'm convinced by the accuracy of these scanning apps, please tell me you also whipped out the measuring tape :LOL:

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck OG Alpha 3D Scan! See The Cybertruck In AR In Your Driveway! 1a

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck OG Alpha 3D Scan! See The Cybertruck In AR In Your Driveway! 1b

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck OG Alpha 3D Scan! See The Cybertruck In AR In Your Driveway! 1c

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Guys,

I hit the Petersen today, so so cool and grateful to have some time with the OG.

while I was there I used my Polycam App and scanned the whole truck so we can all measure the truck and see in AR anytime!

This link will get you to the app download and also straight to my scan!

check it out!

1680500008004.jpeg

-Greggertruck
All I need is a about a hundred or more photos from different heights and angles and I can make a orthomosiac from it to measure from. So if anyone goes past again...just sayin.

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
All I need is a about a hundred or more photos from different heights and angles and I can make a orthomosiac from it to measure from. So if anyone goes past again...just sayin.
That app does that but I got disturbed by:

1. Being in trouble with museum staff for touching the truck
2. Talking about the Cybertruck with others like I’m the guy in the Toyota ads.

I think I sold 2. Elon would be so proud. All me. I did it. /s (shut up and focus greggertruck….)

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
That app does that but I got disturbed by:

1. Being in trouble with museum staff for touching the truck
2. Talking about the Cybertruck with others like I’m the guy in the Toyota ads.

I think I sold 2. Elon would be so proud. All me. I did it. /s (shut up and focus greggertruck….)
Well that looks more like a melted chocolate bar. Anyways. 😉

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
Well that looks more like a melted chocolate bar. Anyways. 😉
It’s a different mode on the app ya goon lol

check out the app. It’s actually really sick! I did this in Adan mode instead of picture mode and hugely regret it

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
It’s a different mode on the app ya goon lol

check out the app. It’s actually really sick! I did this in Adan mode instead of picture mode and hugely regret it
Does the app show something different than the model on the link you shared? If so how do I load it into the app instead?

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
Does the app show something different than the model on the link you shared? If so how do I load it into the app instead?
No, that link is my capture/ scan in LiDAR. It does a video overlay, but yea. It’s just for fun. If you tap AR you can see the render in correct size anywhere through your camera. Try it in your driveway, your garage etc

Here is what the AR mode does. You can play with it and move it around to place it where you desire, but... ya

Kinda neat ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

When you open the link, assuming you have the app downloaded... open the scan and tap "AR" and it'll open your camera. Pinch the Cybertruck to scale to 100% and enjoy.

Last edited:

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
No, that link is my capture/ scan in LiDAR. It does a video overlay, but yea. It’s just for fun. If you tap AR you can see the render in correct size anywhere through your camera. Try it in your driveway, your garage etc
There has been a AR CT app for a while that does the same thing. Inspired my to build the "Cybershed" the solar powered workshop/garage I built for parking the CTs in. 😊

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
There has been a AR CT app for a while that does the same thing. Inspired my to build the "Cybershed" the solar powered workshop/garage I built for parking the CTs in. 😊
That however is built off published dimensions, has no shine and just looks boring (I didn't set out to make the lowest quality trash scan, just happened haha)