Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
That really seems like overkill that would have trouble hitting any of the small retail drones.

-Crissa
I have tons of questions…
What happens if it’s pointed at a manned aircraft?
What’s its range?
Does it just scramble the signal from the remote? If my drone loses the signal from the remote it comes back to where it took off. (Remember this when taking off from a moving pontoon boat!). It has a compass and sensors beyond GPS that should get it to at least close to where it took off from if it also scrambles the GPS signal.
Sponsored

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
In this case, I think Cybertruck body means the hub caps.
OF COURSE IT'S THE ENTIRE BODY!!!
But for real, at this point it could be the door frame (which is much thinner than 3mm), the door panels, body panels, WTFrunk, the bed, tailgate...a lot of stuff needs fabricatin'. I think we're going to need a couple of 9T's, maybe four or five 8T's. Giddy up!
Most of what you mentioned will be stamped. Only the front and rear castings will use the gigapresses. There are probably many parts that are cast that will use smaller die casting machines. The exoskeleton will not be cast or stamped.

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
I have tons of questions…
What happens if it’s pointed at a manned aircraft?
What’s its range?
Does it just scramble the signal from the remote? If my drone loses the signal from the remote it comes back to where it took off. (Remember this when taking off from a moving pontoon boat!). It has a compass and sensors beyond GPS that should get it to at least close to where it took off from if it also scrambles the GPS signal.
It probably makes AC instruments register an error. I'm guessing here, but whoever uses it probably contacts ATC who will instruct everyone in whatever quadrant direction he fires it to maintain heading altitude and speed unless you're on final, until the drone hits the ground. Can't be any worse than a cruise missile test corridor when they tell everyone to get ready and get out of the corridor, and stop what you're doing (helicopters). A few minutes later you see a cruise missile squirt through. Then they play music again and everyone goes back to dancing.

The drone jammer sends the drone into emergency land mode. It immediately goes straight to the ground it also swamps every band so the drone has no idea its location or compass heading. I'm guessing that it lands because it's like turning off the lights and spinning a person around. Is it better to sit down, or run in the direction you think the door is?

I have no idea what the range is, but I bet it's a long ways and covers a sizable swath of sky.

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with any organizations that have anything to do with this jammer and I have no specific knowledge of this device. I am only pulling from my own common knowledge experience with drones and aviation.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Good commercial drones have inertial guidance so they don't falter when losing radio connection. There's multiple layers.

But they only showed it being aimed at a static drone, and only one kind of drone, despite the fact that drones can have multiple control signals and channels. And some are harder to jam - or leave more of a signal - than others.

And devices designed to jam electronics aren't legal except for the military.

-Crissa

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
I don't expect any :) or (y) for this video. I had no idea these presses were such a fire hazard.

After seeing that video, All those black high pressure hydraulic hoses seen on the 9000T? They have to go!
Aircraft grade woven wire steel Aeroquip or greater hoses are a small price to insure against whole building going up.
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Press (9000 Ton IDRA Giga Press) being assembled! [Confirmed by Elon Musk] 🍿 1DA8F16D-1769-469A-9F61-D42450574F12

Consider. IDRA 9000T casting machines share in-common the whole GigaFactory!

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag