CyberTruck rear view mirror

Nidavellir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pre-Order CyberTruck
Country flag
This looks like something that could be useful for the CyberTruck. It can get the mirror view off of the center screen and onto a traditional mirror location. Especially if it can connect to the existing cameras.

Tesla Cybertruck CyberTruck rear view mirror IMG_4843
Sponsored

Regenshire

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 RWD LR, Model Y Perf, CyberTruck AWD Order
Occupation
IT
Country flag
A product like this I believe needs to use a separate camera. I am not sure if they have anything out there that can tap into the Tesla ecosystem or not and use the existing cameras.

Here is a video of someone installing a similar product on a Model 3. Looks pretty nice.

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
There are some much better looking ones out there. But I don't see being able to get into existing feed.

You'd have to add another cam lol. Which honestly isn't a terrible idea

TECH49

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MSP, MYP, C8, Ram 1500
Country flag
It's honestly kind of silly that this doesn't come standard on a vehicle with so much tech.
Agreed. I have a C8 and absolutely love the digital mirror since visibility with it not turned on isn't terrific. It's nice you get a choice.

Tiberius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Chief cook and bottlewasher
Country flag
more buttons on the mirror than there are in the whole car :ROFLMAO:

Celiboy

First Name
Marcel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3, 2022 Model Y, 2024 AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
Family Nurse Practitioner, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Country flag
If rear camera can be stationary displayed on an area of the console screen would we need this?
I agree. After 5 years of Tesla ownership I’m so used to looking at the screen that when I’m in my Tundra, I catch myself glancing at that area out of habit. The rear view feed being on the screen for those already used to looking there for info and control is not an issue.

Eddyrelik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, CT
Country flag
I feel like the rear view camera being on the screen will be distracting. The normal rear view mirror is something you don’t look up often and so it doesn’t distract you until you need it. On the screen you look all the time, so seeing a camera and moving objects while trying to navigate the screen Inworry will be distracting/almost stressful.

but like every other Tesla change, see once we have it and really know. If it is as I fear, I would definitely get a rear view mirror aftermarket added if someone figures that out

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
There is a video rearview, but on the main screen. It works pretty damn well, shifts cameras when blinkers go on, etc.

meanwhile, interestingly, it looks like it’s *this* rearview mirror that is removable easily - while the side mirrors, if removable at all, less so

rizvend

First Name
CyBrNrD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybrtrk, aptera reserved
Occupation
Nurse Informaticist
Country flag
I feel like the rear view camera being on the screen will be distracting. The normal rear view mirror is something you don’t look up often and so it doesn’t distract you until you need it. On the screen you look all the time, so seeing a camera and moving objects while trying to navigate the screen Inworry will be distracting/almost stressful.

but like every other Tesla change, see once we have it and really know. If it is as I fear, I would definitely get a rear view mirror aftermarket added if someone figures that out
Think about it. When you walk, do you have a rearview mirror to guide you all the time?
Sponsored