Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
What if the solar only generates 5 miles per day but due to their weight, you lose 5 miles per day in range? They would be a benefit when long-term parking like at an airport but daily, you'd lose range. That is IF you lose 5 miles per day in range due to their weight which we have no idea how much range we'll lose when hauling the extra weight. It won't be zero but it probably won't be very high either.
Weight would affect range. So per mile loss might be a thing, not “Per Day”

And we have a good idea what solar panels weigh. They will not cause a significant amount of range. They pepper them all over the Aptera for example.

The real question is how much they add to the cost of the truck. For me they would be worth a fair chunk of change, but for others would never pay themselves off.
Sponsored

Technolust

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Network Engineer
Country flag
Est Position: 1,401,181
Est Position for Trim: 378,319
Est Delivery Date: 5/7/2025

If this Position and Delivery Date is true I'll have already paid for the CT before I even get to drive it! Good news is, I might just be able to get the dividends to pay for the CT so it won't be a liability.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I finally put in my order April 1st. Kindof as a reminder of how much of a fool I am for waiting this long. 😅
Not to worry, it will be 2025 when we get one. So we can save money now...
Seems like average wait time is going to end up between 3.5 - 4.5 years regardless of when you ordered it. A few folks will get lucky and end up waiting *only* 3 years. A few unlucky souls who ordered early in 2020 will probably end up waiting 5 years. Maybe by 2026 you’ll be able to get one with only a 2 year wait. :ROFLMAO:

Musk is giving an interview right now and said this:

So Tesla might stop taking Cybertruck preorders.

Technolust

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Network Engineer
Country flag
Seems like average wait time is going to end up between 3.5 - 4.5 years regardless of when you ordered it. A few folks will get lucky and end up waiting *only* 3 years. A few unlucky souls who ordered early in 2020 will probably end up waiting 5 years. Maybe by 2026 you’ll be able to get one with only a 2 year wait. :ROFLMAO:

Musk is giving an interview right now and said this:

So Tesla might stop taking Cybertruck preorders.
Glad we all got our pre-orders in now! I'm sure not everyone who has pre-ordered will actually buy one.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Glad we all got our pre-orders in now! I'm sure not everyone who has pre-ordered will actually buy one.
I suspect it largely depends on how close the final truck is to what was unveiled at launch.

Musk seems pretty close the Cybertruck is going to be way ahead of the competition.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
In case you didn't see the other post of mine, Electrified reported today that overseas reservations for the CT were being cancelled and refunded by Tesla.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
wow......guess thats why there's been no response from Tesla or talk about the CT 8 Ton giga press:(

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
??

Did I miss something?
IDK......I was being funny....the other posts were talking about cancelling CT international orders...I was thinking US orders would be next.......considering no giga press, kinda makes sense....maybe they will be cancelling the whole thing for CT and just making plans to move the Model 3 here and keep the Model S in Fremont....kind of down-sizing Fremont....JMHO

BAG

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck preorder
Occupation
Engineering manager
Country flag
So I placed my order on May18. My order number is 117194622. I did the math and got 4,450,522. Maybe 10 years?

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Co
So I placed my order on May18. My order number is 117194622. I did the math and got 4,450,522. Maybe 10 years?
If the data is steady:

you have order # 1,780,209

I placed my first order on the 15th july 2020.. I am 980,000

So 800,000 odd orders in the last 2 years.

Or, 400,000 new order's avg per year.

I find it interesting that Musk said we have more than 3 years worth of orders.

By production estimates I read here,,, he should have said more than 6 years.

Could production be higher than expected ?

Could we
Sponsored