Marcia Litsinger

First Name
Marcia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, Kia Nero hybrid, Cadillac Escalade.
Occupation
farmer
Country flag
I think i"m 152k.
Then I saw somewhere 137482. How can we possibly figure out when?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I think i"m 152k.
Then I saw somewhere 137482. How can we possibly figure out when?
You can manually add to the reservation spreadsheet, but there's no real way to estimate launch date or ramp at this point. It's all guesses.

-Crissa

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Tesla Model X90
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Well, I waited 2 1/2 years to get my 2016 MX 90D. Im now 3 years on the list for the Cybertruck (my Reservation # 112747834) and I honestly think Im still more than a year out. :confused: Im hanging in there and still very excited waiting for my delivery!

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Well, I waited 2 1/2 years to get my 2016 MX 90D. Im now 3 years on the list for the Cybertruck (my Reservation # 112747834) and I honestly think Im still more than a year out. :confused: Im hanging in there and still very excited waiting for my delivery!
In the coming years long wait times may be the norm.

Once the greater majority realizes ICE days are numbered, they will just hold onto their car and wait for their EV.

There will be a window of time where there will be hardly any new ICE purchases but not enough EV's. This window will stretch out wait times.

I think new ICE will die in a fiery spiral, closely followed by the cheaper end used ICE market.

The 2 remaining segments will be EV, and the forever shrinking higher end used ICE models

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck reservation order number -- how to tell your place in line 1667097966718

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
In the coming years long wait times may be the norm.

Once the greater majority realizes ICE days are numbered, they will just hold onto their car and wait for their EV.

There will be a window of time where there will be hardly any new ICE purchases but not enough EV's. This window will stretch out wait times.

I think new ICE will die in a fiery spiral, closely followed by the cheaper end used ICE market.

The 2 remaining segments will be EV, and the forever shrinking higher end used ICE models

1667097966718.png
You forgot to include the chart. Which I think is the hero of this conversation Viecha had. Basically it’s suggesting people Will slowly just lose all interest in non-EVs and even though EV sales won’t fill the gap fully, people will just wait until they can upgrade before buying.

This is pretty much worse case for legacy auto. Their revenue collapses and they will be crushed by massive debt.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck reservation order number -- how to tell your place in line 1667104579017

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
...and even though EV sales won’t fill the gap fully, people will just wait until they can upgrade before buying.

This is pretty much worse case for legacy auto. Their revenue collapses and they will be crushed by massive debt.

1667104579017.png
Pretty sure a bunch of us are just that. I'm not going to buy another ICE car. We bought a new Ducati three years ago... on discount with 0% interest and now that spouse has seen the maintenance bills, she wants an Energica.

-Crissa

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Many billions will be wiped out in the next 5 years. It’s goin got be a rough time.

Not just GM and Ford. Dealerships. Auto parts companies that make ORM parts. Down the road, auto shops and muffler shops. Brake shops.

Going to be a ton of churn over the next 15-20 years.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I actually hadn't looked closely at that chart. Certainly, the fiery end is there.

Excuses will no longer work from 2024.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
The chart understates apparent demand which is natural+pent up. Death Valley looks like the Grand Canyon considering the price of gasoline.
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck reservation order number -- how to tell your place in line DCB7B406-2EA6-450A-8735-DFA299E64B3C

GM was reported to be financially constrained by cash on-hand by 2025, FORD by 2026 and those are just two of the USA Big Three. There be a kill floor at bottom of the Valley.

BEV GAME is emerging:
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck reservation order number -- how to tell your place in line EC443E2F-9102-48E3-84D7-59B916DD1166

Basically, *All* OEM’s on the LEFTside are at risk of not making it past the yellow bars. The overshoot dropoff in demand from pent up results in flat period which kills the weak.

On the RIGHTside, the OEM’s are locked into their category. The fails will come from categorical failure.

Struggles will be OEM’s LEFT moving to one of the categories on the RIGHT. The RIGHT struggle to move out of their category.

OEM’s LEFT moving up category haven’t TIME or burnrate to outrun Yellow bars as apparent demand flattens.

OEM’s RIGHT goal is to build cash on-hand to bridge over flat apparent demand overshoot to reach the “good times”.

A genius invents a whole new category- can stake first mover advantage either side.

AkaCarioca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y (Nov 22nd 2023), CT (Waiting)
Occupation
Salesforce Advisor Evangelist
Country flag
Pretty sure a bunch of us are just that. I'm not going to buy another ICE car. We bought a new Ducati three years ago... on discount with 0% interest and now that spouse has seen the maintenance bills, she wants an Energica.

-Crissa
Which Ducati?
I have a 2012 Diavel Carbon Red and have no plans to ever sell it.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The chart understates apparent demand which is natural+pent up. Death Valley looks like the Grand Canyon considering the price of gasoline.
DCB7B406-2EA6-450A-8735-DFA299E64B3C.jpeg

GM was reported to be financially constrained by cash on-hand by 2025, FORD by 2026 and those are just two of the USA Big Three. There be a kill floor at bottom of the Valley.

BEV GAME is emerging:
EC443E2F-9102-48E3-84D7-59B916DD1166.jpeg

Basically, *All* OEM’s on the LEFTside are at risk of not making it past the yellow bars. The overshoot dropoff in demand from pent up results in flat period which kills the weak.

On the RIGHTside, the OEM’s are locked into their category. The fails will come from categorical failure.

Struggles will be OEM’s LEFT moving to one of the categories on the RIGHT. The RIGHT struggle to move out of their category.

OEM’s LEFT moving up category haven’t TIME or burnrate to outrun Yellow bars as apparent demand flattens.

OEM’s RIGHT goal is to build cash on-hand to bridge over flat apparent demand overshoot to reach the “good times”.

A genius invents a whole new category- can stake first mover advantage either side.
The chart is more about illustrating an idea, not so much about the exact numbers.

How many people just keep their old cars for 2-3 more years until anEV that meets their needs is available?

AkaCarioca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y (Nov 22nd 2023), CT (Waiting)
Occupation
Salesforce Advisor Evangelist
Country flag
The chart is more about illustrating an idea, not so much about the exact numbers.

How many people just keep their old cars for 2-3 more years until anEV that meets their needs is available?
I have a 2017 FPace diesel that gives me average 35 miles per gallon. Just turned 60K miles and I am keeping until it dies or I get the Cybertruck. I work from home, so no rush.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
I am keeping until it dies
@flowerlandfilms could make the movie based on that narrative arc alone! I restored my last vehicle to perfection only to find that the world doesn’t work as imagined. COVID, retirement abroad and a little border skirmish with a nuclear power really upped the ante for longterm holdouts. Life changes – not in predictable ways.

FPace is a damn nice vehicle from a legendary stable of classics. It would make a great character with the right owner cast. But as importation of older trucks became problematic, overseas shipping skyrocketed and this being its second year in storage – the old Tahoe is not going to follow.

As a grocery getter, trailer tow or Sunday drive the ICE longterm holds are a privilege to own, use and enjoy. As long as you can afford them, not just cost but considerations are mounting against the ownership scheme that’s been erected since ever. The last car you own may not be until the day you die!
Sponsored