Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
I am content to wait like Alfred E. Newman and let the dust settle, let everyone else knock off the rough edges that will happen invertible as is with all new toys. #483,388 in line.:whistle: (and have it paid for on delivery the old fashioned way I suppose)
I'm right there with you. No interest in speeding up the wait list.. That's why i didn't preorder on day one immediately despite instantly knowing i needed the cyber truck like nothing else!

I waited till this week to preorder specifically because i do not want to upgrade my Ridgeline for at least 3 years from now, ideally when it hits 300k miles. Then I'll be content i got my money's worth from the Ridgeline over it's life. My expected delivery date based on the spreadsheet is Sept 23, 2024 and i hope it doesn't come much before that if any earlier. This gives me plenty of time to save up at least half the cost if not more.

I plan on driving this one into the 300k mileage range as well. Not a fan of the common car ownership style of considering them old and replaceable after 120k miles. Treat your vehicles right with attention and maintenance and they will last seriously long times.

It should be even easier to rack up that amount of mileage on these vehicles as long as their batteries last as long as they say they do. Much less moving parts to maintain or go wrong.

jhogan2424

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Moped
Well, after getting frustrated and mouthing off that I couldn’t wait on the CT and planned to buy an F250 this month, I scouted out the Ford dealerships in my area this week searching for a deal. That didn’t last long. There seems to be no such thing as a deal anymore. There really isn’t even any inventory around here to speak of. A few bottom line XL trucks with no options and then a few top tier Platinum duallys priced at 6 figures. I quickly realized that the value of the CT is going to be extremely tough to beat or even match. I did go ahead and reserve a Ford Lightning to give myself one more option but hopefully I can keep cool and continue to wait for my number in line for a CT.

Blue flash

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Builder
Country flag
Hi guys
I am in uk where do we stand when roll out of cybertruck starts,
i am 270,000 in-line will I see my truck in the new year over here .

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Hi guys
Nobody knows. If they suggest they know, they are full of BS.

Right now we don't know:

* When the CT will actually start production. End of Year 2021 is still a big maybe.
* How quickly CT production will scale.
* If/ when Tesla is launching the CT in the UK
* How many preorders are from the UK
* How many of those will cancel because of UK specific hoops they need to go through.

If forced to make a guess I would say late 2023 - mid 2024... but it's pure speculation.

madquadbiker

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Navara NP300, Honda e, Honda TRX700XX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hi guys
Maybe we can all get together to drown our sorrows if the U.K. is excluded, the good new is we will have ÂŁ100 each to put behind the bar.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Maybe we can all get together to drown our sorrows if the U.K. is excluded, the good new is we will have ÂŁ100 each to put behind the bar.
I'm rooting for you guys.

Though if I'm honest, I'd rather they just made an EU friendly Cybertruck then made some of those here.

Ideally, you get the big one as an option and we both get the small one as an option.

Jamessmooth007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I registered April 2020. 428,xxx in line by the estimator. I guessed that because of the need to buy land, clear it, construct a factory from scratch - during a pandemic - and get all the equipment and a trained factory crew that Tesla would not even start building the CT until approximately September 2023. I see what Tesla has already done and amazed at the speed and progress they have accomplished. Then I read all these begging and pleas, rants, threats of buying the competition and I just shrug my shoulders and think, “I’m getting mine WAY before I ever imagined I would.”

First world problems.
Agreed. The more people that drop out the better. If the reservation tracker is to be believed, I'm within the first 3,000. I'm hoping next summer I'll have it, ESPECIALLY if the new rumor is to be believed that Tesla is beginning CT production before Model Y in Texas. We may see this think on city streets sooner than we think.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
Agreed. The more people that drop out the better. If the reservation tracker is to be believed, I'm within the first 3,000. I'm hoping next summer I'll have it, ESPECIALLY if the new rumor is to be believed that Tesla is beginning CT production before Model Y in Texas. We may see this think on city streets sooner than we think.
I only need 700,000 to drop out. Positive sentiments don’t help people. Downer gloomy comments only please.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
If you are with the first 3,000 and in the US, then it doesn't matter how many people drop out unless you are looking for the single or dual motor version. If there are only 3,000 on the road by next summer I will be quite perturbed.

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
May i make a suggestion to the excel tracker?

Add a column for actual receipt of vehicle date, and allow people to update their reservation when they receive their order. This way, when they actually start delivering, the expected delivery date for higher reservations can be adjusted based on real deliveries of previous reservation numbers.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
May i make a suggestion to the excel tracker?

Add a column for actual receipt of vehicle date, and allow people to update their reservation when they receive their order. This way, when they actually start delivering, the expected delivery date for higher reservations can be adjusted based on real deliveries of previous reservation numbers.
Trust me, everyone will know when I receive delivery

Jamessmooth007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
If you are with the first 3,000 and in the US, then it doesn't matter how many people drop out unless you are looking for the single or dual motor version. If there are only 3,000 on the road by next summer I will be quite perturbed.
It's a dual motor. the Tri I ordered is within the first 12k. Hoping they'll give me the option to upgrade my dual to Tri.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
We are all salivating for our trucks at this point. November will be 2-years since Elon debuted the controversial Cybertruck and the production version has yet to be revealed. It's still too early to guess on when CT production will start since Giga TX is still under construction. We should be seeing a lot of CT updates in the next 6-9 months as SOP gets closer.
Sponsored