Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Glad I purchased a Model Y for my wife back 2021. We have learned much about the ins & outs of living with an EV especially a Tesla. 31 thousand miles in less than two years has proven I was correct going with Telsa over other bands!
Now I'm ready for my Cybertruck.
Glad we bought one in early 2021 for… so many reasons.
Sponsored

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
The suspension of Cybertruck orders outside N.A. continent, signals imminent production Gen1 Cybertruck. It has to goto production.

GigaAustin streamlines assembly, production efficiency and Cybertruck infrastructure J.I.T. for “Wolverine” International release near end of the decade? Similar to M3 teaching MY new tricks of the trade. Law of diminishing returns? Wolverine is fresh, bigger potential and more scalable to other Giga plants.

Cybertruck could transition to GigaNevada where Semi is in production too. That would open-up GigaAustin to undertake more model(s) quicker and sooner. Tesla plants could start firing on all Giga cylinders financially shooting for marketshare.
Have you looked at the video of giga Austin or watch Elon wearing CT shirts and hats all the time? They are 200% into producing the CT in Austin. Personally I would rate the chances of the CT being produced anywhere but Austin in the low single digits. Just an opinion.

OP
OP
Crissa

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Have you looked at the video of giga Austin or watch Elon wearing CT shirts and hats all the time? They are 200% into producing the CT in Austin. Personally I would rate the chances of the CT being produced anywhere but Austin in the low single digits. Just an opinion.
They would need to prove equal demand and then build another large structure - which they have room for at Shanghai or Grunhilde. But they need to prove it in the US first.

-Crissa

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Cybertruck sized trucks are common in the USA, Canada, and Australia. In Europe, smaller vehicles and trucks are far more common.

I think it’s more likely any other Cyber-style vehicles built overseas will be smaller.

OP
OP
Crissa

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Cybertruck sized trucks are common in the USA, Canada, and Australia. In Europe, smaller vehicles and trucks are far more common.

I think it’s more likely any other Cyber-style vehicles built overseas will be smaller.
Yeah. And by then they could field the import market. They do that from Fremont for the S/X.

But not until they fill the North American market.

-Crissa

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
And whatever the EU car model is... like some sort of small two or four seater, maybe?

-Crissa
If they do begin exporting from Europe at all. My above post was a bit tongue in cheek.

I kind of suspect they won’t ever import into the US and will instead manufacture any vehicles in the US they plan to sell here. A Wolverine truck might bump into issues with the Chicken Tax.

RMK!

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Model 3 SR, CT on order
Country flag
I'm curious why Tesla ever took orders outside North America. Early on he stated it was going to be purpose built as a US market truck per size and other regulations. Popular social media posts admit concerns about legality of CT in home country, so overseas "buyers beware" was a common sentiment.
Market research ...

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
To avoid all of the headaches and frustrations existing Cybertruck reservation holders are dealing with over potentially a 5+ year period.

Musk said it’s 3+ years to deliver their current backlog.
So why didn't they stop taking all reservations?

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
GigaNevada could build into a legit GigaTruck plant. BUT for the lack of labor and supply chain in Nevada, I see your point that Austin is too efficient to not produce all Cybertrucks.

kbolt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The suspension of Cybertruck orders outside N.A. continent, signals imminent production Gen1 Cybertruck. It has to goto production.

GigaAustin streamlines assembly, production efficiency and Cybertruck infrastructure J.I.T. for “Wolverine” International release near end of the decade? Similar to M3 teaching MY new tricks of the trade. Law of diminishing returns? Wolverine is fresh, bigger potential and more scalable to other Giga plants.

Cybertruck could transition to GigaNevada where Semi is in production too. That would open-up GigaAustin to undertake more model(s) quicker and sooner. Tesla plants could start firing on all Giga cylinders financially shooting for marketshare.
Where did this concept of "Wolverine" come from? Elon said potentially a smaller version, but wolverine is a fan term, right? It's not a term anyone at Tesla has ever used?

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Where did this concept of "Wolverine" come from? Elon said potentially a smaller version, but wolverine is a fan term, right? It's not a term anyone at Tesla has ever used?
Musk I believe used it first.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/tesla-tight-wolverine-cybertruck-pickup-ev-info-details/

“I think we’ll probably make an international version of Cybertruck that’ll be kind of smaller, kind of like a tight Wolverine package,” - Elon Musk @ Battery Day 2020
Sponsored