Cybertruck spots/corrosion

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
“OK, twist around the common meaning of words to try to say the Cybertruck will rust.

I will say it again, the panels on the Cybertruck will never rust in normal useage! Never”

NEVER SAY NEVER…..😎😊😂

https://www.researchgate.net/public...hZCIsInByZXZpb3VzUGFnZSI6InB1YmxpY2F0aW9uIn19
You are propogating a false narrative. We already have confirmation from one of the lead engineers on the Cybertruck that Cybertruck uses an alloy that has a higher corroision reseistance rating than 316 marine grade stainless. And the study you cite had to go to the conditions found in the South China Sea.

I'll say it again, in normal road use, the panels on the Cybertruck will NEVER rust!
Sponsored

LDRHAWKE

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ, GTS1000,FJR1300, Aprillia Scarabeo,
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
You are propogating a false narrative. We already have confirmation from one of the lead engineers on the Cybertruck that Cybertruck uses an alloy that has a higher corroision reseistance rating than 316 marine grade stainless. And the study you cite had to go to the conditions found in the South China Sea.

I'll say it again, in normal road use, the panels on the Cybertruck will NEVER rust!

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I don't think the stainless should dull much, the protective layer resulting from time passivation is not dull, it is basically clear.
Well the panels of the Cybertruck that have had exposure to the weather will definitely brighten with a polishing.

But if we are to believe the Cybertruck detractors, it's a good thing the metal requires polishing to remain bright. Remember, the Cybertruck is irresponsibly bright in the sun, it will blind other drivers and cause accidents left and right. :ROFLMAO:

My plan along has been to have a very easy, low care schedule, that encourages a nice patina to establish itself, so it looks timeless. If it ever gets "too timeless" looking for my likes, it's easy enough to start over with a simple surface polishing.

Outdoors

First Name
Outdoors
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S,3,Y,C
I finally decided. Au natural. I like wondering around camp that way. Why not the truck.

One might think in time Tesla or outside shops can bring in back to life so to speak from a decade long patina. My Airstream dealer makes a business of it. Why not someone else on the Cybertruck?

LDRHAWKE

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ, GTS1000,FJR1300, Aprillia Scarabeo,
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Well the panels of the Cybertruck that have had exposure to the weather will definitely brighten with a polishing.

But if we are to believe the Cybertruck detractors, it's a good thing the metal requires polishing to remain bright. Remember, the Cybertruck is irresponsibly bright in the sun, it will blind other drivers and cause accidents left and right. :ROFLMAO:

My plan along has been to have a very easy, low care schedule, that encourages a nice patina to establish itself, so it looks timeless. If it ever gets "too timeless" looking for my likes, it's easy enough to start over with a simple surface polishing.
just don’t visit you in-laws in Lomita so often and I am sure you will be OK.😂

SanJoseNinjya

First Name
mikio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Country flag
the lead engineers on the Cybertruck that Cybertruck uses an alloy that has a higher corroision reseistance rating than 316 marine grade stainless.
the lead engineer said it's ok to throw steel ball to windows 4 years ago at the event, and miserably failed. I trust some, but not all want they say

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

swinefeaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Awd
Country flag
Hey guys just got my truck! Which barkeeper's friend should I get? There are several on Amazon... Powder or liquid?

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
Hey guys just got my truck! Which barkeeper's friend should I get? There are several on Amazon... Powder or liquid?
The powder is kind of a nightmare to work with, it either is to thin and runny or a powdery mess that blows all over the black trim, go with the liquid 100%

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Getting a dull finish over time, developing a patina, is not rust! Unless if you want to redefine the common meaning of the word "rust". And it can be brought back to like new condition easier than getting it re-wrapped.
Yeah, the dullness is the thickness of the nickel bonding on the outer layer, mixing with the chromium to resist weather.

And to fix it? You passivate it... With something as simple as a lightly acidic soft scrub, and it doesn't even have to be a toxic or inedible one.

thanks! is it this one?
https://a.co/d/1ig6Egq
Oh yeah, that one is so much easier to use. Remember to store it cap down and shake it before each use; it can separate.

-Crissa
Sponsored